Hematochezia refers to the discharge of blood from the anus, which is bright red, dark red or asphalt like, mixed or not mixed with stool. There are many causes of bloody stool, including benign diseases such as hemorrhoids, anal fissure and intestinal polyps, as well as malignant tumors such as rectal cancer and colon cancer.
1. Hemorrhoids bleeding is bright red, in the form of drops or jets, or stool paper stained with blood. The blood is not mixed with stool, and there is no pain. There are often incentives such as drinking, overwork, constipation, diarrhea and so on.
2. Anal fissure bleeding is mostly bright red, dripping blood or blood on the surface of stool, with a small amount. It is often accompanied by knife cutting pain or burning pain during defecation. The main inducement is constipation.
3. The bleeding of intestinal polyps is different according to the position of polyps and the situation of blood in stool. It is mainly painless blood in stool, but there is no bleeding and dripping.
4. Rectal cancer bleeding is mostly dark red, and the feces can be mixed with pus and blood mucus, accompanied by frequent defecation, thinning defecation, incomplete defecation and other symptoms.
5. There are no obvious symptoms in the early stage of colon cancer. The bleeding is mainly in the middle and late stage. The color is slightly dark. Most of them are continuous and a small amount of blood in the stool, pus or mucus, and anemia.
The anorectal Department of Hunan Women's and children's Hospital warmly suggests that once blood in the stool is found, it must not be taken lightly and ignored. We must go to a regular medical institution in time for relevant examination, so that professional doctors can make comprehensive judgment and symptomatic treatment, and do not miss the best treatment time and delay the condition.More recommended