Anyone who looks bloody after going to the toilet is shocked. This is blood in the stool. Girls have seen the world, and some boys can be shocked directly. Today we will talk about the causes of blood in the stool. Seven steps teach you to stay away from fear.
The first step: take a photo if you find blood in the stool.
It’s not for posting to Moments, but for restoring the crime scene and keeping evidence. It is more effective than any verbal description to show it to the doctor when you seek medical treatment or online consultation.
Step 2: Determine whether it is blood in the stool.
First of all, remember that excluding drugs or food factors, drugs such as Chinese herbal medicines, activated carbon, iron, bismuth, etc., foods such as animal blood products, a lot of spinach, cherry, dragon fruit, etc., can make stools black or dark red. Of course, the most accurate is to go to the laboratory.
Step 3: Observe the color of the blood.
Record whether it is black or dark red blood, or bright red blood, whether there are blood clots, etc.
Step 4: Observe the relationship between stool and blood.
Whether the stool is dry or not formed, whether the blood drips or sprays out before and after the stool, or is on the surface and surroundings of the stool, it cannot be distinguished, and whether the stool is mixed with the blood cannot be distinguished.
Step 5: Symptoms that accompany blood in the stool.
Do you have abdominal cramps, hematemesis, fever, pus-blood stools, fatigue, palpitation, dizziness, dark eyes, etc.
The sixth step: how to determine the bleeding site.
Stomach and small intestinal bleeding are generally melena. Iron in hemoglobin combines with intestinal sulfide to produce iron sulfide, which is tarry black, which is sticky, black, and bright. Colonic bleeding is generally bloody stool or dark red bloody stool. Bright red blood is usually anorectal bleeding.
Step Seven: Assess the amount of bleeding.
In the case of stool every day, the amount of bleeding in one-time formed black stool is relatively small, and the amount of bleeding in unshaped black stool and dark red blood is more. Although bright red blood is dazzling, most of the bleeding is not large. However, regardless of the color, fatigue, palpitation, dizziness, dark eyes when standing up, fast heartbeat, etc., indicate that the bleeding is relatively large.
Collect 7 dragon balls to summon the dragon, after seven steps to sort out the bleeding situation, sum up the following points:
1. For conditions accompanied by fatigue, palpitation, dizziness, dark eyes when standing up, fast heartbeat, etc. that indicate a large amount of bleeding, no matter what color of blood in the stool and how much you see, you should seek medical treatment in time, and it is best to go to the emergency department immediately.
2. Black stools, especially unformed black stools, dark red bloody stools, most of which indicate bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, and there is a tendency to hemorrhage. You should seek medical attention in time.
3. Blood in the stool, especially the complete separation of blood and stool, generally consider bleeding near the anus and rectum. There are two situations: ①For young people, almost all hemorrhoids bleeding, especially after drinking and eating spicy food; ②For the elderly, because the risk of rectal tumors is greatly increased, it is still necessary to seek medical treatment in the anorectal department. of.
4. If you suspect gastrointestinal bleeding, you should go to the emergency department or gastroenterology clinic. If you suspect hemorrhoids or rectal cancer, go to the anorectal department first.
5. Young people have blood in the stool. This is the most common type of online consultation. I almost always consider hemorrhoid bleeding (there are always exceptions, and anal mirrors are simple and quick, so it’s better to do one as much as possible). This kind of bleeding is average Not too big, don’t panic, most don’t need to go to the hospital right away, just find time to go. Treatment: ① topical hemorrhoid cream; ② warm water sitz bath; ③ quit smoking and drinking spicy diet. It's that simple.