Original: Gu Shengwang, a family with a heart-to-heart, September 6, 2019
I remember that I had just graduated from the military academy and was assigned to work in a hospital. I was on duty one day and rescued two elderly tuberculosis patients in the middle of the night. Both died suddenly because of the trouble of going to the toilet. The two elderly people disappeared one after the other. Neither of the elderly died of tuberculosis. Was it due to sudden cardiac death caused by constipation (possibly); 15 years ago, a relative at home, 93 years old, had abdominal pain, and abdominal imaging revealed: bowel obstruction, bowel cancer? Observed in the hospital, the diagnosis was finally confirmed: fecal stone incarcerated in the intestines, and almost suffered a knife. This is the unsurprising "tragedy on the toilet" that often happens around us.
With the official launch of antiviral treatment of hepatitis B in China in 1999, deaths related to severe liver and liver disease have been significantly reduced, and the life span of patients with liver disease has been significantly prolonged. There are more and more elderly patients with chronic hepatitis B with cirrhosis or liver cancer. Constipation may not only induce coronary heart disease and ischemia. Stroke, which may induce hemorrhoid bleeding or bleeding from esophageal gastric varices, hepatic encephalopathy, abdominal cavity infection, constipation is definitely not a trivial matter. It is very likely that due to small loss, a little negligence is a life.
There are 4 characteristics of human defecation
1. Food passes through the mouth to the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. Nutrients are continuously absorbed, leaving unabsorbed waste residues into the large intestine. The water in the waste residues is continuously absorbed, and the stomach and colon reflex after eating, which promotes the acceleration of bowel movements and the formation of stool; The habit of defecation, waiting for tomorrow today, and waiting for the day after tomorrow, will form a vicious circle of "the more you wait for the bowel movement, the drier the bowel movement, the less time the bowel movement is, the less it will not be discharged". Solving a bowel movement is as difficult as having a child. Exerting all your strength, sweating profusely, panting and unsuccessful breathlessness, the older you are, the less activity you have, the lower your intestinal motility, the slower your bowel movements, and the drier your stools, the more likely to develop severe constipation; long-term constipation If it is not alleviated, it will bring a series of health problems, and severe cases can be life-threatening.
2. Bad habits lead to constipation. As time goes on, constipation will gradually get worse. Some elderly people, especially young people, have constipation and simply "don't do one, never stop" and have long formed a bad habit of sitting on the toilet, reading a book or playing with a mobile phone. And this kind of people don’t like to exercise. If they don’t like drinking water, eating vegetables, or eating whole grains, the bad habits will not change, the constipation will be aggravated and hemorrhoids are prone to form, from a bowel movement on the 3rd to more than once on the 7th. Defecation, and finally stubborn constipation is difficult to cure.
3. Bad emotions and constipation are a pair of difficult brothers who are inseparable. Bad emotions aggravate constipation, which in turn affects emotions, forming a vicious circle of "the more anxious the heart, the more serious the constipation, the worse the mood, the more severe the constipation". The constipation was severe and the tragedy of suicide by caesarean section. Constipation may be aggravated when people are in distressing emotions such as loneliness, anxiety and depression for a long time. Adhere to outdoor exercise every day, promote the acceleration of intestinal peristalsis, promote the secretion of dopamine, dopamine can make people feel happy and relaxed, and relieve psychological problems.
4. The more you nurse the constipation, the more serious it is to eliminate ulcers and polyps. Old people with severe constipation can experience fecal stone impaction, similar to intestinal obstruction; part of the intestinal mucosa is ischemia due to long-term compression of dry and hard stools, hypoxia, necrosis, Ulcer is conducive to the proliferation of intestinal bacteria; if constipation alternates with diarrhea, bloody stools, etc., further examination should be performed to rule out bowel cancer.
Literature report: with age, the prevalence of constipation in the elderly increases, the north is higher than the south, and the female is higher than the male. In addition to age, constipation in the elderly is also related to factors such as climate, dietary structure, and physical activity. An article published in The Lancet in April 2019 pointed out that China's cardiovascular disease mortality and cancer mortality caused by dietary problems are both ranked first; the top three issues that require the most attention are: salt consumption Too much, too little whole grains and fruits, and less intake of fruits and vegetables can lead to poor bowel movement, bad breath or oral odor, malnutrition, and even 19% of gastrointestinal cancers and 31% of ischemic hearts. 11% of strokes are related to insufficient intake of fruits and vegetables. Professor Ma Guansheng, a nutrition expert at Peking University, clearly proposes: a person should eat one catty of vegetables and half a catty of fruit every day; auxiliary treatment of constipation can be used: Kaiseliol, mannitol, rhubarb tea, lactulose, senna; through the assistance of drugs , Develop the habit of defecation regularly every day, do not wait for tomorrow for bowel problems, do not read a book or play with a mobile phone when you have a bowel movement.
1. Properly drink plenty of water, boil black rice, oats, red beans and other cereals porridge as a staple food for breakfast or dinner, and drink probiotics or yogurt appropriately;
2. As long as there is no leg or foot disability, you can go and jog fast, 30 minutes each time, 3 times a day;
3. Do three kinds of exercises frequently, the levator anus exercise, that is, force the levator, stay for 3 seconds, then relax, repeat this for 30 times, do it three times a day; rub the abdomen, overlap with the hands, cover the navel with the palms, and gently rub in a clockwise direction for 30 Push down, 3 times a day; push the spine with both hands behind, grasp the thumb of the right hand with the left hand, place the second metacarpophalangeal joints of both hands on both sides of the spine, start from the plane of the lower edge of the scapula, press and push down, until the tailbone Stop on both sides and repeat 30 times.
1. Patients with liver cirrhosis, especially those with a history of bleeding from gastrointestinal varices or portal hypertension, should be cautious in eating crude fiber vegetables such as leeks, celery, etc., mainly small green vegetables, spinach, amaranth, etc., to prevent crude fiber from causing bleeding.
2. Confidence is very important. Regardless of age or liver disease, as long as you work hard and the method is right, there is no constipation problem that cannot be solved.