Clinical experience has shown that in the prevention and treatment of chronic functional constipation (including other constipation), in addition to maintaining a happy spirit and correcting bad diet and living habits, the following comprehensive prevention and treatment methods can achieve better results.
1. Sufficient water intake every day: drink a cup of warm water (about 250ml) or lightly salted water every morning, which can not only soften feces, but also prevent constipation. It is necessary to ensure adequate water intake every day. A special study in Japan shows that drinking 700-1000ml of water per day has better defecation effects. It has been reported that drinking cold water in the morning can stimulate the gastro-colon reflex and achieve the purpose of promoting bowel movement (water temperature can be adjusted appropriately according to the season).
2. Sufficient intake of cellulose: cellulose is hydrophilic, can absorb water, swell food residues and form a lubricating gel, which can help intestinal peristalsis and promote stool. The process is conducive to defecation and defecation reflex. Research It shows that the fiber intake for maintaining normal defecation is 20 grams per day, which can achieve this amount of fiber intake, and the number of bowel movements, the volume of bowel movements and the total volume of bowel movements all increase. Therefore, eating more fruits, vegetables or bamboo shoots, oatmeal, bran and other multi-fiber foods can promote bowel movements.
3. Cultivate regular defecation habits: You can develop a schedule for defecation on time, and adjust your defecation after breakfast as much as possible. It is easy to cause stomach-colon reflex after breakfast. At this time, training to defecate can easily establish conditioned reflex. Sometimes even if you have no intention of defecation, you should insist on going to the toilet every day and squatting for 10 to 15 minutes, so that you can establish a regular defecation habit over time. Once you have a bowel movement, you should go to the toilet to defecate. Do not restrain and endure under any circumstances.
4. Adhere to a certain amount of exercise every day: exercise can promote intestinal blood supply and intestinal peristalsis, which is conducive to defecation. The amount and frequency of exercise can be determined according to physical strength and other conditions. You can do aerobics, Tai Chi, walking, etc. daily. The amount of exercise does not need to be too much, but the cost is persistence. It is better to consciously do exercises to strengthen the tension of the abdominal muscles and pelvic muscles, especially the abdominal muscles. You can also use defecation movements to exercise the contraction of the levator anus. Patients who have been bedridden for a long time are prone to constipation, so they can do exercises in bed by themselves, such as sit-ups, leg lifts and butt lifts.
5. Physical massage helps defecation: In order to promote bowel movement, hot compresses on the abdomen and back, hot water baths, abdominal massage, rectal mucosal massage, acupoint pressing, etc. can be performed. The method of abdominal massage is to massage slowly in a clockwise direction with the umbilicus as the center; rectal mucosal massage is to stimulate the anal sphincter with fingers or special equipment, and gently massage the rectal mucosa to stimulate and induce bowel response. It has been reported that people with constipation can release their stools after 30 minutes of going to the toilet after being massaged by the rectal mucosa; acupoint pressing is to stimulate the acupoints to eliminate constipation related to the viscera, such as pressing Yingxiang acupoint (on both sides of the nose) , Zusanli acupoint (3 cun below the outer knee) and ear acupoints, etc. According to reports, related acupuncture points have a good effect on frequent constipation, postoperative exhaust and defecation.
6. It can also take appropriate amount of laxatives, stool softening preparations and diet therapy methods to assist with laxatives.
7. Application of defecation and enema: If the stool is indurated and stagnated in the rectum and anus, generally only use the fingers to take out the stool, and the pain can be relieved immediately, but the action must be gentle, because physical stimulation can easily cause bleeding and may also induce Hemorrhoids. Enema medicine should be familiar with the effect of the medicine. The enema solution can be mixed with 2% soapy water, glycerin, etc., for intractable constipation, 20ml hydrogen peroxide, 40ml glycerin or olive oil, and 60ml 2% soapy water (ie 1: 2: 3 ratio) can be mixed as an enema. liquid. After enema, the hydrogen peroxide reacts to release bubbles, which is beneficial to the mucus and the fecal mass. Glycerin can play a good lubricating effect and promote smooth defecation. Such methods are generally used in hospitals.