"I haven't had a bowel movement for a few days," "trouble stool," "dry and hard stool" are common problems encountered in outpatient clinics. Many people have experienced constipation. Some people take the medicine better, and the same after stopping the medicine, will cause a lot of troubles. To this end, we have compiled important scientific knowledge of chronic constipation for readers.
What is constipation?
Defecation is less than 3 times a week, the bowel movement is laborious, the bowel movement is incomplete, and the bowel movement takes a long time. If there are 1 or several abnormal bowel movements that last for more than 6 months, it is chronic constipation. Some patients have no other symptoms except constipation. Another part of patients may have abdominal pain, bloating, bad breath, loss of appetite, dizziness, headache, restless sleep, upset, irritability and other symptoms. Long-term constipation often causes hemorrhoids. Exhausting hard stools can cause anal pain and anal fissure. The elderly can induce cardiovascular and cerebrovascular accidents.
What causes constipation?
What we call chronic constipation is mainly functional constipation, which can be diagnosed only after some organic diseases have been eliminated. Causes of functional constipation include:
(1) The food intake is small or the food lacks fiber or water.
(2) The stress of study and work and the fast pace of life cause anxiety and tension, which interferes with normal bowel habits.
(3) When constipation occurs, many people choose to buy laxatives for long-term use, and the body becomes dependent on drugs, causing constipation.
(4) Sedentary and lack of exercise.
(5) A domestic study showed that dietary factors, mental and psychological factors, sedentary, abnormal bowel kinetics, drug factors and hemorrhoids are risk factors for functional constipation in the elderly.
Lifestyle adjustments are important!
1. Develop good defecation habits: Defecation regularly every day, you can drink a glass of warm water or light salt water after getting up in the morning, go to the toilet immediately after drinking, and sit in the toilet for about 5 minutes to establish a good defecation rule. Don't ignore when you have a bowel movement, and defecate in time. When you have a bowel movement, concentrate and avoid reading mobile phones, newspapers, books, etc.
2. Eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, such as apples, bananas, kelp, celery, cucumbers, pumpkins, etc. to increase fiber intake. Drink 1000ml-1500ml of water every day.
3. Appropriate exercise: It is more important for the mental workers who are sedentary and exercise less. You can do it three times a week for 1 hour each time. The amount of exercise should be slightly sweaty. The exercise of the abdominal muscles is helpful to the recovery of gastrointestinal function. Practice methods: standing on the spot can do high-leg walking, squatting, abdominal and back exercises, kicking exercises and turning exercises. In the supine position, you can raise one leg in turn or raise both legs at the same time, raise it to 40°, and then lower it after a short pause. The legs take turns in flexion and extension to imitate cycling.
4. Don't worry or worry too much. Keep an optimistic attitude and take part in more activities you like.
Still can't pull it out, what medicine should I take?
(1) Volumetric laxative Psyllium Centrale;
(2) Polyethylene glycol and lactulose in osmotic laxatives;
(3) Bisacodyl, senna, castor oil, rhubarb, etc. in stimulant laxatives;
(4) Mineral oil and paraffin oil in lubricating laxatives.
(5) Promoting drugs, such as mosapride tablets and proca ratio.
(6) There are also some new secretion-promoting drugs such as lubiprostone and linaclotide. These drugs have been proven to have definite effects and have been marketed abroad and will also be marketed in China in the future.
(7) Traditional Chinese Medicine: Treating the deficiency and the real. It is not that it can be completely resolved by simply getting rid of it, but different methods must be used for different causes of disease.
Why can't stimulant laxatives be taken for a long time?
Stimulant laxatives such as rhubarb, aloe vera, senna and other medicines contain anthraquinone compounds, which vigorously eliminate intestinal feces, and are suitable for short-term use, especially for severe constipation. You can take relievers after the stool is cleared. Long-term use of irritant laxatives can cause colonic melanosis, which means that the colonic mucosa becomes dark. At the same time, stimulant laxatives will form a dose-dependence. When starting the medication, taking 1 capsule is very effective. After a long time, 5 or 10 capsules are needed to relieve constipation.
What are the alarm symptoms of chronic constipation?
The "alarm" signs of constipation include changes in bowel habits or stool shape, blood in the stool, anemia, weight loss, fever, melena, abdominal pain, etc. and family history of tumors, and those over 40 years old who have not been examined. If the patient has alarm signs and is suspected of having organic lesions, especially rectal and colon tumors, further examinations, including biochemical, imaging and/or colonoscopy, are required to determine the cause and deal with it accordingly. If there is no problem with the examination, then treat chronic constipation.