Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a common disease of the elderly. After suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia, in addition to active treatment, good daily life and daily conditioning also play an important role in the recovery of this disease. Patients with BPH should pay attention to the following points in their diet:
(1) The patient's diet should be light. The staple food is mainly cereals and beans, and usually eat clear and dehumidifying foods, such as corn, wax gourd, amaranth, celery, sesame mushroom, day lily, cucumber, lettuce, watermelon, mung bean sprouts, etc. For elderly patients, they can eat flat or warm foods as appropriate, such as milk, carp, red beans, crucian carp, black fish, honey, walnuts, coix seed, glutinous rice, sesame, white melon seeds, grapes, etc.; eat more foods rich in fiber Vegetables to keep the stool smooth.
(2) Avoid alcohol, eat less spicy and sweet products, drink less coffee, eat less citrus, orange juice and other acidic foods, and eat less sugar and refined flour. (3) Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and soybean products, eat more honey to keep the stool smooth, and eat beef and eggs in moderation. (4) Eat more seed foods, you can choose pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, winter melon kernels, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, cashews, etc., eat daily, regardless of quantity.
(5) Mung beans, regardless of number, are boiled into porridge, and eat freely after cooling. It is especially suitable for those who have heat to the bladder and painful urination. It can also be served with black fungus decoction or cold black fungus.
(6) Do not reduce the amount of drinking water due to frequent urination. Drinking more water can dilute urine and prevent urinary tract infections and the formation of bladder stones. Drinking water should be cold boiled water, drinking less strong tea.
(7) Prevent cold from late autumn to early spring, the weather is volatile, and cold often makes the condition worse. Therefore, patients must pay attention to cold protection, prevent colds and upper respiratory tract infections.
(8) Do not hold your urine excessively. Holding your urine will cause overfilling of the bladder, weaken the contractility of the bladder detrusor, make urination difficult, and easily induce acute urinary retention.
(9) Don't overwork. Overwork will damage your breath, and lack of breath will cause weakness in urination and easily cause urinary retention.
(10) Avoid sitting for a long time. Often sitting for a long time will aggravate hemorrhoids and other diseases, and easily congest the perineum and cause dysuria. Frequent participation in cultural and sports activities and qigong exercises can help reduce symptoms.
(11) Drinking a moderate amount of water, drinking too little water will not only cause dehydration, but also adversely affect the flushing effect of urination on the urinary tract, and it is also easy to cause the urine to concentrate and form insoluble stones. Therefore, in addition to appropriately reducing drinking water at night to avoid overfilling the bladder after sleep, drink more water during the day.
(12) Use some drugs with caution. Some drugs can aggravate dysuria, and can cause acute urinary retention when the dose is large. The main ones are atropine, belladonna and ephedrine tablets, isoproterenol, etc. In recent years, it has been discovered that calcium blockers and verapamil can promote the secretion of prolactin, and can weaken the contraction force of the detrusor muscle, and aggravate dysuria. Therefore, some drugs should be used with caution or preferably not.
(13) Massage the lower abdomen-massage the lower abdomen, press the Qihai, Guanyuan and other acupoints under the navel, which is beneficial to the recovery of bladder function. A slight pressure massage after urination can promote bladder emptying and reduce residual fluid. It is worth reminding that the disease develops slowly and has a long course. If the prevention effect can be better from middle age, in addition to the above measures, it is necessary to prevent excessive sexual life, especially to be alert to interrupted sexual intercourse and masturbation. According to clinical observation, as long as most patients can adhere to the implementation of self-care measures and pay attention to timely treatment, the effect is very good. On the contrary, the effect of poor persistence is not ideal.