As people gradually deepen their understanding of Chinese medicine, more and more people come to outpatient clinics to prescribe Chinese medicine. How to take Chinese medicine correctly is a great way to improve the efficacy of Chinese medicine. The precautions for taking traditional Chinese medicine are organized as follows:
1. Time for taking medicine: The time for taking Chinese medicine should be determined according to the condition of the disease and the nature of the medicine. Generally there are the following 3 ways of taking:
① Taken after meals: Most drugs should be taken after meals, especially tonic drugs (such as ginseng), stomachic drugs (such as Bupi Yichang Pills) and drugs that are more irritating to the gastrointestinal tract (such as Ganlu disinfectant tablets) ；
② Take it on an empty stomach: Deworming medicine (such as black plum) and purgative medicine (such as Dachengqi Decoction) are better taken on an empty stomach;
③ Take before going to bed: Soothing Chinese medicine should be taken before going to bed.
Note: No matter when you take the medicine at that time, there should be an interval of half an hour to 1 hour, so as not to affect the effect of the medicine.
2. The temperature of the decoction: most Chinese medicines should be taken at warm temperature. Sweat medicines should be taken hot to help the strength of the medicine, and heat-clearing Chinese medicines are best taken after cooling.
3. Frequency of taking medicine: Generally speaking, Chinese medicine is usually taken 3 times a day. Patients with remission can take the medicine twice a day; and those with severe and more urgent conditions can take the medicine every 4 hours or so according to the instructions of the doctor, and do not stop at night, so that the medicine can continue and help relieve symptoms faster , Relieve the condition.
4. Traditional Chinese medicine taboos: First of all, different physical conditions have different "not food" requirements. For example, people who are obese and phlegm should eat less fatty, greasy, and fried food; pregnant women should not eat dog meat, rabbit meat, and finch meat. , Eggplant, crab, etc.; pregnant women avoid eating apricots.
Secondly, different diseases have different requirements for “not food”. For example, cold, sour, and greasy foods should not be eaten when colds or rashes in children are incomplete; when treating chest tightness and abdominal distension caused by stagnation, it is not advisable to consume beans And sweet potatoes, because these foods are easy to cause flatulence; patients with edema should eat less salt; patients with asthma and allergic dermatitis should eat less chicken, sheep, pork head, fish, shrimp, crab, etc. For patients suffering from carbuncle, sore, swelling, scabies, hemorrhoids, and high fever, it is forbidden to eat warm foods that can easily induce diseases, such as: lamb, shrimp, pepper, hairtail, chicken, dog meat, venison, etc.
Third, different drugs have different requirements for "not to eat". Many drugs should be contraindicated when taking spicy, cold, greasy or special irritating food, which is common. But there are also different situations, such as when taking heat-clearing Chinese medicine, it is not suitable to eat hot foods such as onions, garlic, pepper, mutton, and dog meat.
5. Combination medication: For some patients who need Chinese medicine plus Chinese patent medicine, or Chinese medicine plus Western medicine, etc., it should be noted that the divergent epidermal medicine used to treat exopathic diseases should not be taken at the same time with tonic medicine. For example: Ganmao Granules, Lingqiao Jiedu Pills, etc. should not be taken at the same time with Liuwei Dihuang Pills, Guishao Dihuang Pills, Jinkui Shenqi Pills, and Shiquan Dabu Pills. In principle, the heat-clearing and purging gunpowder should not be used together with medicines with nourishing, warming and nourishing effects.