Water-soluble dietary fiber is a dietary fiber that can be dissolved in water. It is sticky and can absorb a large amount of water in the intestines to keep the stool soft. It can also slow down or reduce the absorption of sugar and cholesterol in the intestines, which is beneficial to the after meal Control of blood sugar. Water-soluble fiber can also effectively activate the beneficial bacteria in the intestine, promote the proliferation of beneficial bacteria, and create a healthy ecology of the intestine. Polydextrose, oligofructose, isomalt oligosaccharide, lactose oligosaccharide, xylo-oligosaccharide, soybean oligosaccharide, agar powder, carboxymethyl cellulose, etc. are all water-soluble dietary fibers.
Why should pregnant women, patients with GDM or PGDM supplement water-soluble dietary fiber?
1. Prevention and treatment of constipation: The large volume of dietary fiber can promote intestinal peristalsis and reduce the residence time of food in the intestine. The water in it is not easily absorbed. On the other hand, dietary fiber is fermented by bacteria in the large intestine to directly absorb the water in the fiber, which makes the stool soft and produces a laxative effect.
2. Conducive to weight control: Increasing the dietary fiber content in the diet can reduce the intake of heat energy, and the digestion and absorption of nutrients in the intestines will also decrease, which will eventually consume the mother's body fat, so it is conducive to the control of weight gain during pregnancy.
3. Prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids: The occurrence of hemorrhoids is caused by long-term blood blockage and stasis due to constipation. Due to the laxative effect of dietary fiber, it can reduce the pressure around the anus and make blood flow smooth, thus playing the role of preventing and treating hemorrhoids.
4. Lower blood cholesterol: Water-soluble dietary fiber can combine with cholesterol to make it directly excreted from feces, thereby reducing cholesterol.
5. Improve the symptoms of diabetes: Water-soluble dietary fiber can extend the residence time of food in the intestines, reduce the rate of glucose absorption, so that blood sugar will not rise sharply after a meal, which is conducive to the improvement of diabetes, especially can effectively reduce postprandial blood sugar Peak level, and glucose tolerance can be significantly improved after long-term use.