Do you experience bleeding gums when you brush your teeth every day? It is normal to have gum bleeding occasionally, but if it happens frequently and repeatedly, we must be vigilant.
What many people don't know is that liver disease is also one of the culprits that cause gum bleeding. What is going on in detail, today I will take you to find out.
We all know that the common symptoms of liver disease are fatigue, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, jaundice, etc., but it is rarely mentioned that bleeding tendency is a major clinical symptom of liver disease, and this symptom is very common in liver disease patients , Which can be specifically manifested as bleeding gums, gastrointestinal bleeding, hemorrhoid bleeding, etc., and once the bleeding is difficult to stop immediately.
Causes of bleeding gums due to liver disease
1. When the liver is diseased, the liver cells are damaged, which leads to a decline in the function of the liver to produce coagulation factors, and the coagulation mechanism is obstructed, which makes it easy to bleed.
2. When liver cirrhosis occurs, the portal pressure of the human body rises, the spleen is congested and enlarged, and the blood stagnates in the liver, which leads to a decrease in platelets whose main function is coagulation and hemostasis.
3. Increased fragility of capillaries in patients with hepatitis will increase bleeding symptoms, and patients with severe hepatitis may also experience severe bleeding such as "diffuse intravascular coagulation".
What to do with frequent bleeding gums?
1. When the symptoms of gum bleeding occur, first consider whether it is caused by local factors in the oral cavity, such as gingivitis and periodontitis, which are the most common factors that cause gum bleeding. Patients can go to the dental department for diagnosis and treatment.
2. The inexplicable gum bleeding may also be related to blood abnormalities. If necessary, patients can go to the hematology department for related investigations.
3. If the above conditions are ruled out after inspection, then we must consider whether it is caused by liver damage. At this time, the patient needs to be diagnosed and treated by a professional liver doctor, and undergo liver function, B-ultrasound examinations under the arrangement of the doctor. If there is any abnormality, promptly detect and treat.