Ginger is warm in nature, and its unique "gingerol" can stimulate the gastrointestinal mucosa, congest the gastrointestinal tract and enhance digestion. It can effectively treat abdominal distension, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and vomiting caused by eating too much cold food. After eating ginger, the body feels warm. This is because it can dilate blood vessels, accelerate blood circulation, and promote the opening of pores on the body. This will not only remove excess tropical heat, but also remove pathogens and coldness in the body. Bring it out together. When the body eats cold things, is exposed to rain or stays in an air-conditioned room for a long time, eating ginger can promptly eliminate various discomforts caused by the body's cold weight. Since 2010, there have been news of increasing prices of agricultural products. First, after the prices of garlic and mung beans have continued to rise, the price of ginger has also risen recently. The price of ginger has increased significantly in more than 90% of provinces, regions and cities.
Nature and flavor: pungent, lukewarm, return to lung, spleen and stomach
Efficacy: sweating to relieve the surface, warming to stop vomiting, warming the lungs and relieving cough, detoxification of fish and crabs, detoxification.
Ingredients: Contains spicy and aromatic ingredients. The spicy ingredient is the "gingerone" in an aromatic volatile oil. Among them are mainly ginger oil terpene, water fennel, camphor terpene, gingerol, eucalyptus oil, starch, mucilage and so on.
Function It is an aromatic spicy stomach medicine with warmth, excitement, sweating, anti-vomiting, detoxification, etc., especially for fish and crab poisoning, pinellia, araceae and other drugs poisoning. It is suitable for exogenous wind-cold, headache, phlegm, cough, stomach cold and vomiting; after being attacked by ice, snow, wetness, and cold, drink ginger soup urgently to increase blood circulation and expel cold.
Medicinal and edible
Chinese medicine ginger
[Preparation method] Ginger: Remove impurities, wash, and cut into thick slices when used.
[Properties] This product is irregular block, slightly flat, with finger-like branches, 4～18cm long and 1～3cm thick. The surface is yellowish-brown or gray-brown, with links, with stem marks or buds on the top of the branches. It is brittle and easy to break. The section is light yellow, the inner cortex has obvious ring patterns, and the vascular bundles are scattered. Special smell, spicy taste.
[Storage] Store in a cool and humid place, or buried in wet sand, to prevent freezing.
(1) Ginger is used to relieve the surface, mainly to disperse wind and cold, and it is often used to treat mild colds. It can be decocted and taken with brown sugar and hot. It can often be relieved by sweat. It can also be used as a cold preventive medicine. Ginger has a weaker sweating effect. It is often used in conjunction with ephedra and cassia twig as an auxiliary medicine to relieve sweating and can enhance sweating power. Ginger is an important medicine to relieve vomiting and can be used alone to treat stomach cold and vomiting. It can also cure stomach fever and vomiting. It can be used in conjunction with Pinellia, Zhuru, and Coptis. Ginger can detoxify fish and crabs. It can be used alone or with perilla. In addition, ginger can relieve the poison of Pinellia ternata and southern star. It can be used for swelling and numbness of the throat and tongue caused by the poison of Pinellia ternata and southern star. Therefore, when processing Pinellia and Southern Star, ginger is often used in the same preparation to reduce their toxicity.
(2) Ginger juice: Wash the ginger and smash it, wring out the juice for medicine. Nature and flavor are pungent and warm. It has the effect of resolving phlegm and relieving vomiting. It is mainly used for nausea, vomiting and coughing and excessive sputum. The general dosage is three to ten drops, and it is taken.
(3) Ginger skin: the outer skin of ginger. The taste is pungent and cool. It has the effect of diuresis and swelling. It is suitable for dysuria and edema. It can be used with wax gourd peel and mulberry peel. The general dosage is five cents to five cents per cent, decoction.
(4) Simmering ginger: Wash the original fresh ginger, wrap it with straw paper, soak it in clean water, and simmer directly in the fire until the straw paper is blackened and the ginger is ripe; or directly set it on the fire. The nature and flavor are pungent and warm, and it has the function of stopping vomiting. It is suitable for spleen and stomach discord, nausea and vomiting. The general dosage is two or three tablets for decoction.
(5) Ginger and ginger slices are used in cooking to remove fishy taints and increase the umami taste of food.
It should be avoided for those with yin deficiency and internal heat and for heat-excessive symptoms.
The rhizome of ginger, a herbaceous plant in the ginger family. The tender ones are called purple ginger and Zijiang, and the old ones are called old ginger and old ginger. Generally speaking, ginger refers to the latter. Cultivated in most parts of China. Harvested in autumn and winter, remove the fibrous roots and wash them for fresh use.
[Performance] It is spicy and warm in nature. It can appetite and relieve vomiting, resolve phlegm and relieve cough, and relieve sweating.
[Reference] Contains volatile oils, mainly gingerol, gingerene, phellandrene, citral, linalool, etc.; it also contains the spicy ingredient gingerol, which is decomposed into gingerone and gingerenone. In addition, it contains aspartic acid, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, serine, glycine, threonine, alanine, etc.
Chewing ginger can cause blood pressure to rise. Gingerol has a stimulating effect on the oral cavity and gastric mucosa, can promote the secretion of digestive juice and increase appetite. Can increase intestinal tone, rhythm and peristalsis. It has a peripheral antiemetic effect, and the active ingredient is a mixture of gingerone and gingerenone. It has an excitatory effect on the breathing and vascular movement centers, and can promote blood circulation. In vitro experiment, it has obvious inhibitory effect on typhoid bacillus and Vibrio cholerae.
[Uses] Used for spleen and stomach deficiency and cold, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, or vomiting due to phlegm drinking, vomiting of stomach gas; cold or cold phlegm cough; cold, cold, nausea, fever, nasal congestion and headache.
[Usage] Decoction, twisted juice, or used as a seasoning; Zijiang is mostly used as a vegetable.
[Attention] People who suffer from hemorrhoids or who suffer from hemorrhoids are not allowed to use it. Long-term service accumulates heat and damages the yin and eyes. Patients with hypertension should not eat more.
1. Cold ginger: 30~60g ginger, cut into thin strips, add vinegar and salt to mix with food; you can also add appropriate amount of sugar and sesame oil.
This product has a good appetizing and neutralizing effect when mixed with vinegar, salt, etc.; it tastes slightly spicy and sour, but not very warm. It is used for vomiting and eating less when the stomach is not harmonious and cold. In "The Mirror of Food and Medicine", fine ginger is used, decocted with vinegar, and chewed with dregs. It is used for "vomiting, not bad for a hundred medicines".
2. Ginger Pinellia Soup: Pinellia 12g, decoct the juice, add appropriate amount of ginger juice, and boil together. Take 4 divided doses.
Originated from "The Synopsis of the Golden Chamber". Both pinellia and ginger juice are good at relieving vomiting, and are beneficial when used together; they also have appetizing and Chinese power. Used for upset stomach, vomiting and restlessness.
3. Ginger caramel soup: 30~60g ginger, 30g caramel. Add water and fry to make a thick soup, drink it slowly while it is warm.
Originated from "Materia Medica Huiyan". This recipe uses ginger to warm the lungs, relieve phlegm, relieve cough, and moisturize the lungs with caramel. Used for cough and expectoration due to coldness.
4. Perilla ginger soup: Perilla leaves 30g, ginger 9g. Decoction drink.
Originated from "Materia Medica Huiyan". This recipe takes perilla leaves for sweating, relieves the surface and dispels cold, and uses ginger to enhance its effect. It is not only easy to take, but also beneficial to stomach qi and helps sweating.
1. Effect on the digestive system: For dogs equipped with isolated small stomach and esophageal fistula, 50% decoction can be placed in the oral cavity, which can have a biphasic effect on the secretion of gastric acid and gastric juice. It is inhibited in the first few hours. It was followed by a longer period of excitement. Infusion of 200ml of 25% decoction into the stomach showed excitatory effect. Isolate the small stomach dog and try to take 0.1-1.0g ginger, the gastric juice secretion increases and stimulates the secretion of free hydrochloric acid, but the digestion effect of pepsin on protein is reduced, and the effect of lipase is enhanced. The extract can inhibit the vomiting of dogs caused by copper sulfate, and taking 10-50% 30ml of ginger juice is also effective, but 5% 30ml is not effective. The mixture of gingerone and gingerenone isolated from ginger also has antiemetic effect. The minimum effective dose is 3mg, which is not effective for dog vomiting caused by apomorphine and pigeon vomiting caused by digitalis. Gingerolone given to rabbits through the digestive tract can relax the intestines and decrease peristalsis. Ginger is a kind of anti-wind agent, it has a mild stimulating effect on the digestive tract, can increase intestinal tension, rhythm and peristalsis, sometimes followed by a decrease, and can be used for intestinal colic caused by flatulence or other reasons.
2. Effect on circulation and respiration: chewing 1g of ginger (without swallowing) in a normal population can increase systolic blood pressure by 11.2mm Hg and diastolic blood pressure by 14mm Hg, but it has no significant effect on pulse rate. The alcohol extract has an excitatory effect on the vascular movement center and respiratory center of anesthetized cats, and also has a direct excitatory effect on the heart.
3. Antibacterial and antiprotozoal effects: In vitro test water extracts have inhibitory effects on Trichophyton vulgaris and kill Trichomonas vaginalis.
4. Other effects: subcutaneous injection of frog and intravenous injection of large amounts of gingerone in rabbits can cause central motor paralysis, and sometimes blood pressure can drop in rabbits.
[Discussions on ginger in ancient herbal works]
"Materia Medica Supplements": In addition to the power, juice detoxification, free bleeding, regulating the middle, removing cold, removing phlegm, appetizing. Peel when hot, leave the skin when cold.
"Medicinal Properties": make. The main phlegm is full of qi and qi is lowered. Both health and dryness can cure cough, cure time illness, stop vomiting and stop eating. Health and Pinellia, the main heart is anxious, if it is too hot to eat, mix it with juice and honey. The juice and almonds are fried again, and everything becomes gas, and the solid chest embraces the cold and heat, and the magical effect.
"Kaibao Materia Medica": spicy, lukewarm. Mainly typhoid fever, headache, nasal congestion, coughing and breathing, and vomiting.
"The Sketch Book": Cut ginger into fine pieces, make one or two bowls of tea, and sip it at will. It is a great cure for dysentery! Keep ginger skin for hot dysentery, peel off cold dysentery.
"Materia Medica Yanyi": Control violent rebellion. Chew three or two soaps, swallow them, and take them repeatedly. First cold and heat, phlegm cough, burn a piece, the cough will heal itself during the day after biting. For those with red eyes and no sores, scrape off the ginger with a bronze coin to get the juice, click on the lips of the money, and tears will come out. But the children are very scared, so there is no doubt that they have tried well.
"Medicinal Fu": pungent in taste, warm in nature, non-toxic. Sheng Ye, Yang Ye. There are four uses: the production of pinellia has the detoxification effect, and the jujube has thick intestines. Wenjing San expresses the wind of evil, replenishing qi to stop stomach turning.
"Soup Liquid Materia Medica": temperature, spicy taste. It is pungent and sweet, lukewarm, light odor, yang, non-toxic.
"Xiang" says: Typhoid fever, headache, nasal congestion, coughing up the breath, relieving vomiting, treating phlegm cough. Health and dryness are at the same time. Divide it equally with Pinellia to treat acute pain in the heart and use it carefully.
"Heart" says: It can control the poison of Pinellia and Magnolia, radiate wind and cold, benefit vitality, and use jujube together. Xin Wen, used with peony, warms the meridians and dispels cold, and is also the holy medicine of the vomiting family. Xin Yi Sanzhi, vomiting does not stop the gas. This medicine can act yang and disperse qi.
"Zhen" says: To benefit the spleen and stomach, dispel wind and cold, take a long time to remove the odor, and improve the mind.
Sun Zhenren said: It is the holy medicine of the vomit family.
Or ask Dongyuan: How does ginger get into the lungs when it enters the lungs? Said: The vulgar always regards his heart as his appetite, no. Under the pharyngeal door, the tangible thing is attached to the stomach, which is the appetite. It is in the same place with the lung, so it enters the lungs and appetites. I asked again: People say that you should not eat ginger at night, because eating it will make you breathless, why not? Said: Ginger is pungent and warm, the main development, the night will converge the qi, and the development of the qi by anti-eating is against the way of nature, so it is not suitable for eating. This can be done in a fair manner. Not if you are sick. Ginger crumbs are not hotter than dried ginger, and less moisturizing than ginger. If dried ginger is used instead of dried ginger, it is not arrogant.
"Materia Medica" says: Qin Jiao made it. Kill pinellia and scopoletoxin. Scutellaria baicalensis and Coptis chinensis.
"Materia Medica Yanyi Supplement": Xin Wen, both light and Yang. It is the holy medicine for typhoid fever, headache, nasal congestion, coughing, and vomiting. For those who use it to treat cough, sputum and saliva, this medicine can promote Yang and disperse qi. Dongyuan said: How does ginger get into the lungs because of its warmth? Said: The vulgar always regards his heart as his appetite, no. The tangible thing under the pharyngeal gate is called the tie, it is the appetite, and the lungs are in the same place, so it enters the lungs and appetites. I asked again: People say that you should not eat ginger at night, because eating it will make you breathless, why not? Said: Ginger Xinwen is the main development, the night will converge the qi, and the development of the qi by anti-eating is against the way of heaven, so it is not suitable. If you are sick, otherwise, if you break the blood, adjust the middle, remove the cold, remove phlegm, and appetite. Peel the skin when it is hot, leave the skin when it is cold.
"Materia Medica Play": Cheng Liao She Yun: ginger, jujube, spicy, sweet. It can diverge, but it is not specially used for divergence. Regard the spleen as the stomach for its body fluid, ginger and jujube are used for the spleen's body fluid, and those who harmonize with Rongwei.
Jie Guyun: Ginger, warm in nature, pungent and sweet in taste, strong in smell, floating and rising, yang also. There are four uses: one for making Magnolia officinalis and Pinellia toxin, two for dispersing wind evil, three for warming and removing dampness, and four for supplementing spleen and stomach medicine. Dong Yuan Yun: Ginger is the holy medicine of the vomiting family. Xin is used to disperse it, and vomiting does not disperse the qi, and this thing can disperse the qi through yang. Another cloud: Ginger reduces phlegm and lowers qi, benefits the spleen and stomach, and dispels wind and cold. Mainly typhoid fever, headache, nasal congestion, extremities and joints, opening the internal organs. Another cloud: ginger and jujube are used together to reconcile the spleen and stomach; Xinwen and peony are used together to warm the meridian and dispel cold.
"Compendium of Materia Medica": divergent for raw use, and moderate for familiar use.
If you travel early in the mountains, you should include a piece of it to avoid the mist and dampness and the miasma of the mountains. If you eat for a long time, you will suffer from heat accumulation. People with hemorrhoids and carbuncle should not eat more.
Jiangpi eliminates edema, abdominal distension and fullness, to remove pansies.
Return meridian: lung; stomach; spleen meridian
Chinese medicine chemical composition
Ginger contains volatile components: α-zingiberene (α-zingiberene), β-santalol (β-santalol), β-phellandrene (β-phellandrene), β-bisabolene (β-bisabolene) , Α-curcumene (α-curcumene), gingerol (zingiberol), perillaldehyde (perillaldehyde), neral (neral), geranial (geranial), 2-caraneol (2-caraneol), 3 -Carol, camphene (camphene), β-ocimene (β-ocimene), α-bergamotene (α-bergamotene), β-farnesene (β-farnesene), myrcene (myrcene), β-pinene (β-pinene), 2-borneol (2-borneol), citral (citral), 7-menthene [7-menthene], isofenchyl alcohol, α-farnesene , 1,3,3-trimethyltricyclo[2.2.1.02,6]-heptane [1,3,3-trimethyltricyclo[2.2.1.02,6]heptane], 2,6-dimethyl-6- (4-methyl-3-pentenyl)-bicyclo[3.1.1]-2-heptane[2,6-dimethyl-6-(4-methyl-3-pentenyl)-bicyclo[3.1.1] -2-heptene],1,3,3-trimethyl-2-oxabicyclo[2.2.2]octane[1,3,3-trimethyl-2-oxabicyclo[2.2.2]octane], 1 -(1,5-Dimethyl-4-hexenyl)-4-methylbenzene [1-(1,5-eimethyl-4-hexenyl)-4-methylbenzene] and galangalactone (galanolactone) Dozens of others; spicy ingredients:6-gingerol (6-gingerol), 3-gingerol, 4-gingerol, 5-gingerol, 8-gingerol, 10-gingerol, 12-gingerol, 6-gingerol 6-gingediol, 4-gingediol, 8-gingediol, 10-gingediol, 6-gingediol, 4-gingediol , 8-gingedediol, 10-gingedediol, 6-methylgingediol, 4-gingediacetate, 6-gingediacetate Alcohol diacetate, 6-methylgingediacetate (6-methylgingediacetate), 6-gingerdione (6-gingerdione), 10-gingerdione, 6-dehydrogingerdione (6 -dehydrogingerdiong), 10-dehydrogingerdiong, 6-acetylgingerol (6-acetylgingerol), 6-shogaol, etc.
Ginger also contains furanogermenone, pipecolic acid, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, serine and other amino acids.
Efficacy: dispelling cold and relieving the surface; warming the middle to stop vomiting; warming the lungs and relieving cough; relieving fish and crab poison
From 1. "Materia Medica Collection Notes".
2. "The Sketch Book": ginger, raw Qian is the valley and Jingzhou and Yangzhou. It is everywhere today, but Han, Wen, and Chizhou are good. The seedlings are two to three feet high, the leaves are long like arrows bamboo, facing each other, the seedlings are green, the roots are yellow, and there are no flowers. The roots are harvested in autumn, washed in long flowing water, and sun-dried to make ginger.
3. "Materia Medica Yanyi": Ginger is used to treat violent and rebellious qi, chew three or two soaps, swallow it, and take it repeatedly. If you have a cold and heat phlegm cough for the first time, burn a piece with bite, and the cough will heal itself all day long. For those with red eyes and no sores, scrape off the ginger with bronze coins, take the juice on the lips and touch the eyes, tears will come out, click today, and the day will heal. But the children are very scared, so there is no doubt that they have tried well.
4. "Compendium of Materia Medica": ginger, whose tip is slightly purple when it is newly born and tender, is called purple ginger, or is zi ginger, and its perennial root is called mother ginger. Jiang Yiyuan wet sandy land, take the female ginger seeds in April, and produce seedlings in May, like the first-born tender reed, and the leaves are slightly broad like bamboo leaves, opposite, and the leaves are also spicy. Before and after the autumn society, the new buds grow suddenly, like a row of fingers, and eat no gluten. It is called the son of ginger, followed by the autumn equinox, and old after the frost. Sex is evil and damp and afraid of the sun, so there is no ginger in autumn heat.
Family classification: Zingiberaceae
Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens
Cold and cold; aversion to cold and fever; headache and nasal congestion; vomiting; phlegm and coughing; fullness; diarrhea
1. Cheng Wuji: ginger and jujube taste sweet, specialize in spleen body fluid and Yingwei, used in medicine, not only specializing in divergence.
2. "Food and Materia Medica": Sun Zhenrenyun, ginger is the holy medicine for vomiting. Gaixin is used to disperse it, but vomiting is not dispelling the qi. This medicine also disperses the qi by promoting Yang. As the saying goes, go to bed with radish and go to bed with ginger, ginger can appetite, and radish can digest food.
3. "Medicinal properties": ginger dehumidification, only warming the spleen and stomach, the temperature of the spleen and stomach and the health of the spleen and stomach, the moisture will be removed by itself. The phlegm-removing ones are spicy, and they have the power to open up and disperse.
4. "Introduction to Medicine": ginger, must be used after childbirth, with its ability to break blood and eliminate blood stasis. Nowadays, people know it is a stomach medicine, but they don't know that it can help the heart and lungs. The qi of the heart is energized, and the qi of the whole body is right but the evil is not tolerant, so it is said to go to the evil and to communicate with the gods. Danxiyun, leaving the skin cold, but peeling it hot. The nature of non-skin is cold. Gailiu hides the skin and keeps it hot, while peeling it keeps the heat in the ear.
5. "Compendium of Materia Medica": for raw use, divergent, cooked and neutralized, detoxify wild fowl poisoning into throat numbness; soak the juice for red eyes; mash the juice and yellow gelatin to paste rheumatism. Ginger, pungent but not meat, to eliminate evil, raw food, cooked food, vinegar, sauce, glutinous rice, salt, honey decoction to reconcile, all unfavorable, can be vegetable and rud, can be fruit and medicine, its benefits. It is advisable to include one piece for early trips and mountain trips, not to violate the mist, dew and dampness, and the unhealthy evil of mountains. According to Fang Guang’s "Heart Method Supplement", all strokes, heatstroke, gas, intoxication, nausea, dry cholera, and all kinds of violent diseases can be dissolved immediately by using ginger juice and children’s casual clothes. Gas, Tong will lower the fire.
6. "Ben Cao Jing Shu": ginger is endowed with no difference in nature with dry ginger. It is better than dry ginger for eliminating phlegm, relieving vomiting, sweating, dispelling wind, dispelling cold, stopping diarrhea, soothing liver, and guiding stagnation. ginger.
7. "Medicine Huayi": Ginger is pungent, medicinal is good for eliminating phlegm and relieving orifice, relieving cold and vomiting, removing filthy qi, and improving spirit. Help Congbaitou to disperse all the symptoms of wind, cold, dampness and heat from evil; combine black jujube, firewood, sweet, so-called Xingan diverges to yang, treat cold and heat exchanges and express deficiency and fever; add light heart to relieve lung qi, relieve cough; add spleen medicine, Appetizing and tonifying the spleen, stopping diarrhea
8. "New Compilation of Materia Medica": Jiang Tong is a god, the ancient chronicles, but only use one or two tablets, if you want to be transparent, you must not count. Or use ginseng, or use Baizhu, or use Shichangpu, or use Dansha, each other, and then the gods can pass through, and evil spirits can be eliminated. Ginger Xing San can dispel wind evils and colds, so why use cassia sticks, mash with three ginger coins, add two coins of mint, boil water to take it, and the evil will dissolve immediately. Or ask if ginger is sweating, it is not suitable to take it regularly. Said, ginger can be taken at all times, but it is not advisable to take more to disperse the breath, it is very sweaty. However, if you take more, righteous qi will be injured, and if you take less, righteous qi will be harmless. As for occasional yin and cold, such as hand and foot Jue Ni, abdominal pain around the umbilical and unstoppable, you might as well use more ginger, smashed and fry, ironed outside of the confidant to remove the internal cold.
9. "Materia Medica Renew": ginger juice, phlegm, treatment of choking nausea, rescue of violent death, treatment of body odor, cold ears. Simmer ginger, and stop vomiting. Simmer ginger, and stop vomiting, use ginger to fear its powder, and dry ginger to fear its dryness, but this is not dry. It is the most peaceful way to use it to stop vomiting and use it with jujube.
10. "The Book of Materia Medica": Zhongjing Guizhi Decoction, etc. For those who use ginger and jujube together, take the pungent pungent and lung guard to get the sweetness of the jujube to nourish the heart, and combine the energy and adjust the health. Zhenwu Decoction and Poria Guizhi Decoction are used to benefit the lung qi by pungent energy, while the movement of qi will stop water and sweat, and the lung is the source of water. Those who use Daxiao Chaihu Decoction, regard it as the medicine of Shaoyang Original Classic. Evodia decoction, with its Anyangming qi, below the Yangming qi, the behavior is smooth, and vomiting will stop itself; the shaoyin qi will be handed over to Yangming Zhongtu, and the benefit will stop. If people only know that they are sweating away from evil, but do not know that they have the power of correcting and stopping sweating, every time they use Zhenwu Decoction or Baizhu Decoction, if they suspect ginger and go away, they will die because of the mistake of reading.
11. "The Classics": Deodorizes and communicates with the gods.
12. "Do not record": Mainly typhoid fever, headache, nasal congestion, cough and breath.
13. Tao Hongjing: Return to the five internal organs, remove phlegm and lower qi, relieve vomiting, remove rheumatism, cold and heat.
14. "Properties of Medicine": The main phlegm is full of water and qi, and the qi is lowered; the genital and dryness can be used to treat cough, cure the disease, stop vomiting and not eat. Shenghe Pinellia is in pain; if it is too hot to eat, drink it with juice and honey. Fried with juice and almonds, everything is firm, heart-stuck, cold and hot.
15. "Qianjin·Shizhi": sweat, remove the odor on the diaphragm.
16. "Diet Therapy Materia Medica": In addition to strong heat, cure tendons, full of heart. Stop reversal, relieve boredom, appetite.
17. "Materia Medica Supplements": Juice detoxification medicine, blood-breaking regulation, removing cold and phlegm, appetizing.
18. "Pearl Sac": to benefit the spleen and stomach, dispel wind and cold.
19. "Medical Origin": Dehumidification in warming. System Magnolia, Pinellia poison.
20. "Daily Use Materia Medica": treat typhoid fever, cold, headache, and adverse effects. Enter the lungs to appetite, remove the cold in the abdomen, and deodorize. Detoxification of mushrooms.
21. "Conference Medical Mirror": simmering ginger, cures stomach cold, diarrhea, and acid.
22. "Modern Practical Chinese Medicine": effective in treating intestinal colic.
Harvesting and storage
Harvested when the stems and leaves are yellow from October to December. Dig up the rhizomes, remove the stems, leaves and roots
Resource distribution: It is widely cultivated in various provinces in central, southeast and southwest China.
Ginger Xiexin Decoction "Treatise on Febrile Diseases"; Guizhi Decoction, "Treatise on Febrile Diseases"; Ginger and Gancao Decoction, "Essential Prescriptions for Emergency Treatment"; Angelica Ginger and Mutton Soup "Golden Chambers Synopsis"; Ginger Banxia Soup "Golden Chambers Synopsis"
Yin deficiency internal heat and excess heat syndrome are forbidden to take.
Ginger contains volatile oil from 0.25% to 3.0%, and the main components are Zingiberol, Zingiberene, Phellandrene, Camphene, Citral, Linalool (Linalool), Methylheptenone, Nonyl aldehyde, d-Borneol, etc. It still contains the spicy ingredient gingerol (Gingerol), which is decomposed into a mixture of the oily spicy ingredient gingerenone (Shogaol) and the crystalline spicy ingredient Zingerone and Zingiberone. It also contains aspartin, pipecolic acid-2 (Pipecolic acid) and glutamic acid, aspartic acid, serine, glycine and so on. In addition, it still contains resinous substances and starch.
1. Effect on the digestive system Ginger is an effective drug for the treatment of hydrochloric acid-ethanol ulcers. Its active ingredient is gingerene, which has the effect of protecting gastric mucosal cells. Among the aromatic herbal medicines, especially ginger plants contain terpenoid essential oils such as gingerene, which are one of the effective ingredients of the stomach medicines. Ginger decoction has a two-way effect of inhibition and excitement on the secretion of gastric acid and gastric juice in dogs. It is inhibited in the first few hours, and then followed by a longer period of excitement. Ginger decoction (10%) 1.2mg per rat can significantly inhibit hydrochloric acid-induced and stress-induced gastric mucosal damage. After blocking PG synthesis with indomethacin, the protective effect of ginger disappears, indicating its protective mechanism It may be related to the promotion of gastric mucosal synthesis and release of endogenous PG.
Ginger can weaken the effect of pepsin and increase the effect of lipolytic enzymes. Ginger can severely destroy the amylase in pancreatin, and significantly reduce the digestion effect of pancreatin on starch. It can also inhibit β-amylase in amylase and hinder starch saccharification.
Ginger can act on the sympathetic nerve and the vagus nervous system, inhibiting gastric function and directly exciting the gastric smooth muscle. Using the rat small intestine recirculation method to study the absorption promotion effect of sulfamidine, the results show that: the water extract of ginger has a significant absorption promotion effect, enhances its bioavailability, and gives full play to its curative effect.
Ginger extract can inhibit the vomiting of dogs caused by copper sulfate. The mixture of gingerone and gingerenone isolated from ginger also has anti-vomiting effect. The minimum effective dose is 3mg. It is not effective for dog vomiting caused by central emetic drug apomorphine and pigeon vomiting caused by digitalis. It is believed that ginger has a peripheral antiemetic effect.
Ginger ketone given to rabbits through the digestive tract can relax the bowel and decrease peristalsis. Ginger is a kind of anti-wind agent. It has a mild stimulating effect on the digestive tract. It can increase intestinal tension, rhythm and peristalsis, and sometimes decrease it. It can be used for intestinal colic caused by flatulence or other reasons.
Experiments show that ginger oil has a therapeutic effect on carbon tetrachloride liver injury in rats and can reduce serum SGPT; it has a preventive effect on carbon tetrachloride liver injury in mice and can reduce BSP retention. Ginger-honey storage solution 5ml/kg gavage rats also has a therapeutic effect on carbon tetrachloride liver injury. Compared with the control group, serum SGPT and SGOT are significantly reduced, liver lobules are destroyed, liver cell fatty degeneration and necrosis are also It is lighter; it is also effective against liver damage in rats caused by 60% ethanol.
2. The effect on the circulatory system and the respiratory system. Ginger alcohol extract has an excitatory effect on the vascular motor center and respiratory center of anesthetized cats, as well as a direct excitatory effect on the heart. Chewing 1g of ginger in a normal population (without swallowing it) can increase systolic blood pressure by an average of 1.489 kPa (11.2mmHg) and diastolic blood pressure by 1.862 kPa (14mmHg). There is no significant effect on the pulse rate.
The water extract of ginger can significantly reduce the amount of TXB2 and PGS produced by human platelet marker arachidonic acid (AA), reduce the formation of peroxide in PG, and strongly inhibit platelet aggregation.
3. The effect on the central nervous system: Ginger has an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system. Ginger oil can significantly inhibit the spontaneous activities of mice, prolong the sleep time of pentobarbital sodium, resist pentylenetetrazole convulsion, analgesia, and can reduce the body temperature of yeast-induced fever rats. The site of action on the central nervous system is above the spinal cord, and its mechanism may be related to the facilitating process of inhibiting excitatory synapses.
Ginger oil 0.4ml/kg to rats has a significant inhibitory effect on egg white foot swelling. The effect is maintained for 5 hours, and the intensity is similar to aspirin 300mg/kg; 0.25ml/kg can significantly inhibit cotton. Globular granuloma, and atrophy of the thymus gland, and an increase in the weight of the adrenal gland, suggesting that its anti-inflammatory effect may be related to the excitement of the pituitary-adrenal cortex system. Ginger oil 0.25 ~ 0.4ml/kg gavage significantly inhibits mouse ear swelling caused by xylene and enhancement of capillary permeability caused by histamine or acetic acid. Intraperitoneal injection of fresh ginger injection of 5g/kg or 10g/kg in mice has obvious analgesic effect.
4. Anti-pathogenic microorganism effect. Ginger extract has obvious inhibitory effect on Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus albicans, Typhoid bacillus, Shigella sonnei, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and its effect is dependent on the concentration. In particular, Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus albicans have the strongest inhibitory effects. The effect of ginger root extract with HBsAg for 1 to 3 hours can significantly decrease the P/N value of HBsAg, but the decrease rate does not increase after more than 3 hours. The ginger water extract has a strong bactericidal effect on typhoid bacillus and Vibrio cholerae in vitro. It has an inhibitory effect on Trichophyton in the test tube. The ginger alcohol and gingerol in ginger rhizome have the effect of killing mollusks and schistosomiasis, and can be used to treat schistosomiasis.
5. Antioxidant research shows that: ginger has an antioxidant effect. Add 5%-10% ginger slices to fat pork and boil it for 1~4 hours to prevent the pork from spoiling. Fat meat cooked in this way for 4 hours will have peroxide value (POV) and thiobarbituric acid value (TBA). ) Similar to fresh fat pork; fat pork boiled for 4 hours with 20% or 50% ginger and placed at 30°C for 90 days, its POV and TBA hardly change. The water, ethanol and ether extracts of ginger also have a significant inhibitory effect on the oxidation of potassium linoleate. There are reports that the addition of active oxygen scavengers or ginger extract can inhibit DNA damage caused by lipid peroxidation; ginger extract can also inhibit the production of active oxygen and the oxidation of linoleic acid.
6. Other effects ginger mud and ginger extract have obvious promoting effect on wound healing. Ginger juice can inhibit the growth of cancer cells to a certain extent. Adding ginger extract to some anti-tumor drugs can reduce the side effects of tumor drugs. Ginger has a significant blocking effect on the nitrosation reaction under the conditions of simulated gastric juice, and its active ingredients that inhibit the synthesis of nitrous acid are thermally stable. After being heated in boiling water for a long time, it still maintains a strong activity. Ginger extract has anti-allergic effects, can prevent anaphylactic shock and prevent urticaria caused by certain fish proteins.
The legend of ginger
One day, Su Shi was drinking tea with his literary friend Jiang Zhizhi. Jiang Zhizhi suggested: "Su Zi, let's refer to the thing sitting in the middle of the medicine as the name of the medicine." Su Shi repeatedly said in agreement: "Good! Good!" Zhizhi After a moment of contemplation, he said, "Jun is the name of medicine." Su Shi was puzzled. Zhizhi laughed and said: "Well, Su Zi!" Su Shi immediately said: "You are also the name of the medicine, not Magnolia, or Pinellia." Zhizhi was ignorant and asked why. Su Shi said: "If it weren't for Pinellia and Hopu, why would Jiang Zhi (make it) make it!" Zhizhi Paiyan exclaimed: "Wonderful! Wonderful!"
What is the connection between "Ginger" and "Zhizhi"? It turns out that there are clean selection, cutting, and processing methods in the preparation of traditional Chinese medicine, the purpose of which is to ensure the quality of the medicine, improve the efficacy of the medicine, and ensure the safety of the medicine. The ginger method is one of many processing methods.
According to legend, during the struggle between the Chu and Han dynasties, Liu Bang, the emperor of the Han Dynasty, fought in Yinshan, Henan, and suffered from plague. The local people offered a prescription "Ginger and Carrot Soup". After drinking it, Liu Bang's condition was greatly reduced, and the medicine was cured after drinking it.
Ginger not only cured the emperor’s plague, but also saved many civilians.
During the Tang Dynasty, there was a monk named Xingduan at Xiangji Temple in Chang'an. He went up to the southern Wutai Mountain to chop wood at night. After returning to the temple, he became a dumb man. Some said that this fascinated the monsters on the mountain; others said that they were afraid that he would be dumb by telling the truth about the mountain. Such a transmission scared the monks no longer dared to go up the mountain to chop wood.
The abbot of Xiangji Temple hurriedly led the monks to do an eighty-one-day dojo in front of the Buddha, asking the Buddha to exorcise the demon, but to no avail, he still could not speak. At this time, Deshi, a monk who knew little about medical skills, suggested that the line should go to seek medical advice. Liu Tao, a superb medical expert in Chang'an City.
De Shi accompanied Xing Duan to Chang'an, visited the famous doctor Liu Tao and detailed the cause of the illness. Liu Taojing inspected Yan Wang, diagnosed and signaled the pulse, and said: "Master will return first, and wait until I go up the mountain tomorrow to take a look before prescribing." In the early morning of the next day, Liu Tao came to the mountain, and after careful observation, he came to Xiangji Temple with confidence. He took a piece of ginger out of the medicine bag, and the husband said: "Master, please don't worry, please decoct the medicine as soon as possible. The medicine will be cured within three to five days." Although the abbot asked Xingduan to decoct the ginger, But he was always skeptical, so he deliberately kept Liu Tao in the temple for a few more days to see the curative effect. In addition, two days later, I took three doses of ginger decoction at the end of the line, the depression in my chest gradually resolved, and my throat was relaxed and refreshed. After taking three more doses, he was able to speak, and the monks in the temple were surprised.
The abbot asked about the cause of the trip, and Liu Tao said: “This is caused by the novices who accidentally ate Pinellia in the mountains. Using ginger to get rid of the disease, it was not caused by a demon.” The monks also got rid of the heart disease and went up the mountain as usual. firewood.
Identification of drug application
Ginger has a pungent and cool skin, cures edema, and promotes skin water; ginger juice is pungent and warm, pungent to relieve stomach cold and has strong power, mostly used for vomiting; dried ginger is pungent and warm, warming incites cold, regaining yang and promoting pulse, warming spleen and cold, strong power The taste of ginger is hard to walk inside but not on the surface, and the temperature is lower than the cold of the coke; the charcoal is warm, which is partial to the cold of warm blood; the simmering ginger is bitter and warm, which is partial to the cold of the stomach. Ginger is pungent and disperses warmth, benefits the spleen and stomach, warms the middle and lowers the adverse effect and relieves vomiting, eliminates dampness and eliminates diarrhea, relieves cough and expectorant, takes the effect of lowering the adverse effect to relieve vomiting.
Nature and flavor: pungent in taste; warm in nature
Chemical Identification of Chinese Medicine
Physical and chemical identification thin-layer chromatography: Divide 1g dried ginger, ground 5g ginger, add appropriate amount of methanol to each, shake and let stand for 1h, and filter. The filtrate was concentrated to about 1ml and used as the test solution. With linalool and 1,8-olein as the reference substance, they were spotted on the same silica gel G thin-layer plate, and petroleum ether-ethyl acetate (85:15 ) Expand and color with 1% vanillin sulfuric acid solution. The test solution chromatogram shows the same spot on the corresponding position of the reference substance chromatogram.
The quality mark (Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China) in 1995 stipulates that this product contains no less than 0.8% (ml/g) of volatile oil.
It is the fresh rhizome of ginger, a plant of the ginger family.
Oral administration: decoction, 1-5 grams; or mashed juice. Internal use: appropriate amount, pound and compress; or stir-fry and iron; or twist and mix in juice
Source: "Chinese Materia Medica"
Eating ginger in summer can cure four diseases
In the hot summer, many homes and offices have air conditioners on. People are also prone to "air conditioning disease" while enjoying the cool breeze. It often manifests as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea, colds, waist and shoulder pain and other symptoms. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that ginger has three major effects of sweating, relieving the surface, warming the stomach, relieving vomiting, and detoxifying. People in an air-conditioned environment often drink some ginger soup, which can effectively prevent "air-conditioning disease".
Abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea:
The belly button is the weakest part of the human body against the outside world. In summer, the secretion of gastric acid and digestive juice is reduced, and the ability to resist bacteria is weakened. In air-conditioned places, it is easy to be stimulated by cold and heat and cause gastrointestinal disorders. Invasion of pathogenic bacteria, gastrointestinal diseases such as vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea appear. Eating some ginger or drinking some ginger soup can play a preventive effect. Scientists have discovered that ginger can play the role of certain antibiotics, especially effective against Salmonella.
Often in an air-conditioned environment, due to the large temperature difference between indoor and outdoor, it is easy to experience wind chill. If you can eat a few slices of ginger in time or drink a bowl of brown sugar ginger soup, it will help dispel the cold and relieve the appearance, or use ginger soup (add a little salt, vinegar) to soak your feet in a good way.
Waist and shoulder pain:
In the midsummer, staying in the air-conditioned room for a long time, the shoulders and back are vulnerable to wind, cold, dampness and other pathogens. Especially the elderly are prone to periarthritis. In this case, you can make some hot ginger soup. Add a little salt and vinegar to the hot ginger soup, then soak it with a towel and wring it out, apply it to the affected area, and repeat it several times. This method can make the muscles relax from tension, relax muscles and promote blood circulation, which can greatly relieve pain.
Ginger-men can't live without ginger for a hundred days
According to the theory of Chinese medicine, ginger is a product that helps yang. Since ancient times, Chinese medicine has always said that "a man can't live without ginger for a hundred days." Song Dynasty poet Su Shi wrote in his "Dongpo Miscellaneous Notes" that the 80-year-old monk at Jingci Temple in Hangzhou Qiantang, with a childlike face, "pretended to be ginger for 40 years, so he is not old". Legend has it that the white lady robbed the fairy grass to save Xu Xian, and this fairy grass is ginger bud. Ginger is also called "Resurrection Grass", and ginger soup is also called "Resurrection Soup."
Ginger contains volatile ginger ketones and gingerols, which have the functions of promoting blood circulation, dispelling cold, dehumidifying, and sweating. In addition, it also has the functions of invigorating the stomach and relieving vomiting, eliminating fishy odor and reducing edema. Therefore, doctors and folk proverbs say that "you can keep small ginger at home, and you don't panic for minor illnesses."
The nutrient composition of ginger is similar to that of onion and garlic, it also contains protein, sugar, vitamins and other substances, and contains phytoantibiotics, its bactericidal effect is no less than that of onion and garlic. Ginger also contains more volatile oil, which can inhibit the body's absorption of cholesterol and prevent the accumulation of liver and serum cholesterol. The ginger soup made with ginger and brown sugar can invigorate the blood and expel the cold and prevent and treat colds. It has been a good diet medicine for colds since ancient times. When traveling, chew ginger or stick a piece of ginger on your belly button before departure. You can also smell it by the nose to prevent motion sickness and seasickness. Therefore, there is a saying among the folks that "carry a piece of ginger when you go out to keep you healthy".
There was a patient who was found to have metastasis of cancer cells in the systemic lymphatic system during surgery and received chemotherapy. Due to conditioned vomiting, he lost 2 to 3 kilograms in each chemotherapy cycle and his health was seriously damaged. After adopting clinical nutritional support and conditioning the patient's diet, the patient is not forced to eat before receiving chemotherapy every morning, but he is asked to take a slice of thin ginger in his mouth, using the effects of fresh ginger to relieve vomiting and dispel cold. At four o'clock in the afternoon, taking advantage of the toxic peak period of the chemotherapy drugs has passed, eat multiple meals in small amounts to ensure that the patients receive sufficient heat and nutritional supplements. During the one-year treatment, the weight of the patient not only did not decrease, but increased by ten kilograms. The enhancement of immune function makes the patient's life lasting for another five years. The role of ginger here is indispensable.
It should be noted that rotten ginger contains the toxic substance safrole, which is highly toxic to the liver, so once ginger is found rotten, it must not be eaten.
Ginger helps reduce muscle pain
"We know that ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect on rodents, but its effect on human muscle pain is basically unknown." said Patrick O'Connor, a professor in the Department of Kinesiology, College of Education, Georgia State University. Using ginger when cooking can effectively relieve muscle pain.
Eating ginger can help relieve muscle pain! Professor O'Connor conducted two ginger trials to examine the effects of ginger consumed for 11 days and heat-treated ginger on muscle pain. There were 34 and 40 volunteers participating in the two studies. After lifting 18 weights to strain the arm muscles, they consumed capsules containing two grams of ginger or heat-treated ginger or a blank control agent for 11 consecutive days. On the 8th day, the arm function, inflammation and pain of volunteers who consumed the ginger capsules were significantly improved compared with the previous 3 days.
Eating ginger can help relieve muscle pain! Studies have shown that eating ginger every day can reduce muscle pain caused by exercise by 25%, and ginger has the same effect of relieving muscle pain as heat-treated ginger.
"The personal economic cost of treating muscle pain is extremely high," Professor O'Connor said. "Muscle pain is usually the most common type of pain. Anything that can really relieve this type of pain will be greatly welcomed."
Eating ginger can help relieve muscle pain! Give it a try, you will definitely get good results.
Contraindications for using ginger
1. Don't peel it. Some people like to peel ginger, which can't bring out the overall effect of ginger. After washing the fresh ginger, cut into shreds.
2. Those who are suffering from yin deficiency and fire, red eyes and internal heat, or who suffer from carbuncle sores, pneumonia, lung abscess, tuberculosis, gastric ulcer, cholecystitis, pyelonephritis, diabetes, and hemorrhoids, should not consume ginger for a long time.
3. From the perspective of disease treatment, ginger brown sugar water is only suitable for patients with cold or cold stomach or fever after being exposed to rain. It cannot be used for patients with cold or wind-heat cold, nor can it be used to treat heat stroke. Taking fresh ginger juice can cure vomiting caused by cold, but not for other types of vomiting.
4. Don't eat rotten ginger. Rotting ginger will produce a very toxic substance, which can cause degeneration and necrosis of liver cells and induce liver cancer and esophageal cancer.
5. Eating ginger is not the better. The summer weather is hot, people are prone to dry mouth, polydipsia, sore throat, sweating. Ginger is pungent and warm. It is a hot food. According to the principle of "hot and cold", people should not eat more.
Common sense of buying ginger
Some merchants wanted to sell ginger well, but they smoked ginger with sulfur without conscience. After smoking, the appearance of ginger will turn yellow and bright. With this beautiful appearance, it is good for sale and can be sold at a good price. Long-term consumption of this smoked ginger is harmful to human health.
How to distinguish ginger that has been smoked by sulfur?
Smell it to check if there is any peculiar smell or sulfur smell on the surface of the ginger.
Second taste If the ginger taste is not strong or the taste has changed, please buy with caution.
Third look. Normal ginger is dry and dark in color. "Sulfur ginger" is softer and light yellow. Rub it with your hands and the ginger skin will peel off easily.