Hello! Today, let’s talk about the causes of constipation.
At present, in our clinic, it is believed that constipation is related to the following reasons:
1. Intestinal organic diseases: such as intestinal tumors, intestinal adhesions, inflammation, etc., or seen in anal diseases (anal fissures, hemorrhoids).
2. Extra-intestinal organic diseases: compression of large lumps in the abdominal cavity, spinal cord and nerve root disease, hypothyroidism, portal hypertension or heart failure.
3. Functional constipation: such as lack of defecation motivation (abdominal muscle weakness, intestinal smooth muscle weakness, levator ani muscle weakness, etc.), colon spasm, slow or loss of rectal bowel response, and dependence caused by the abuse of strong laxatives.
4. Slow bowel motility: Long-term bedridden or elderly people have slow bowel motility due to low activity. Those who cannot take care of themselves will disappear if they cannot defecate in time. Stool absorbs much water, and the feces are hard and hard to discharge. Long-term holding of the stool makes the intestinal tract less sensitive to feces and weaker feces, forming a vicious circle, leading to habitual constipation.
5. Systemic diseases: hypothyroidism, depression, autonomic dysfunction, etc.
6. Drug side effects: anticholinergic drugs, opioids, preparations containing calcium or aluminum, bismuth agents, antidepressants, ganglion blockers, etc.
7. Dietary effects: The food is too fine and lacks the necessary fiber. After reaching the large intestine, unnecessary residues are formed to stimulate the peristalsis of the large intestine and cause constipation.
The cause of constipation is more complicated, and sometimes many factors may be mixed together. Our current understanding may be only the tip of the iceberg. In the future, we need to explore the law of its occurrence and development in depth!
thanks for your attention! see you later!