In my clinic, I often encounter symptoms of condyloma acuminata between a couple or a sexual partner, while the other has no symptoms. Both men and women, especially women, feel confused or innocent. Why? The main reasons are as follows:
1. After being infected with HPV, it is in the incubation period. The incubation period is generally 1-8 months, with an average of 3 months. Sometimes the virus incubates locally for up to 8 months without getting sick.
2. The vast majority are in the state of HPV carriers or subclinical infections. When the body's resistance drops, the virus multiplies and the disease can occur.
3. The body's immune status: If the body's immunity is strong and can clear the infected HPV, it will not develop, but before it is cleared, it will be infectious.
4. Local dampness, inflammation and increased secretions, pregnancy, overly long foreskin, hemorrhoids, and other venereal diseases can easily lead to disease.
5. Individual habits such as smoking, drinking, staying up late, and eating irritating foods can easily lead to disease.
6. Women during pregnancy are prone to disease and the recurrence rate is relatively high, which is related to the changes in endocrine function during pregnancy