If the child does not pull for one or two days, do you as a parent become anxious and worry about whether the baby is constipated?
At this time, many parents often use Kaisailu to help the stool, but Kaisailu is only used to temporarily relieve dry, hard and clumpy stool (ie, old stool that has accumulated in the intestine for a long time), and cannot eliminate the cause of constipation. It is no problem to use it once or twice occasionally...but it is not recommended to use it regularly once a day. Frequent use can easily make the baby dependent on it mentally and physically.
In fact, every baby has a different bowel pattern. What is considered constipation?
1. Stool is dry and hard, or shaped like sheep feces
2. The pulling is not smooth, the pulling is very painful and laborious
3. Often 2-3 days, even 6-7 days pull once
4. When pulling, it is accompanied by abdominal distension, abdominal pain, defecation and crying
5. Occasionally anal fissure, blood in the stool, hemorrhoids
So, simply having long or irregular stool intervals does not mean it is constipation.
Why are children prone to constipation?
Constipation is usually caused by weakness of the spleen and stomach or congenital intestinal disease, unbalanced intestinal flora caused by unreasonable diet, lack of scientific defecation training or psychological factors.
Therefore, to cure the baby's constipation problem, we must start with the root cause.
1. Adjust the baby's diet
The baby who eats milk powder and breast milk has symptoms of constipation. It may be caused by the concentration of the milk powder being too thick or the mother's diet is greasy and spicy, or the protein content in the milk powder may be too high.
Parents can adjust the proportion of milk powder, or try to change the brand of milk powder. Nurses should eat lightly.
If the baby has symptoms of constipation after adding complementary foods, there are two main reasons to consider:
1. Allergy or intolerance to certain foods
Babies often have symptoms of constipation due to intolerance to milk, eggs, fish, shrimp, mango and other foods. Parents need to avoid these intolerant foods and simplify the baby's complementary food.
2. To deal with constipation, it is important to take in sufficient dietary fiber
Dietary fiber can absorb water in the intestinal tract, soften the stool, and make it easier to pass. Add rich dietary fiber and eat more foods containing B vitamins.
In addition, the staple food that the baby eats cannot be too fine.
Fruits: oranges, tangerines, oranges
Vegetables: carrots, pumpkins, shiitake mushrooms, seaweed, eggplant, celery, onions
Cereals: whole wheat, oats, wheat bran, peanuts
Other: greasy food (animal oil, vegetable oil)
2. Train your baby to defecate correctly
1. Time arrangement Mainly use the "early postprandial response" and "late postprandial response" of the stomach-colon reflex to arrange children's defecation.
2. Method: Explain the meaning of defecation training patiently. Ask the child to sit on the potty for 5-10 minutes 30 minutes after getting up in the morning or after breakfast. The toilet should have a suitable height, so that the knees are higher than the hips and the feet should be on the ground. In order to exert force, and learn to force bowel movements.
3. Relieve stress-type constipation
Psychological factors that cause constipation are usually the most obvious after the baby enters kindergarten. In kindergarten, you can ask the teacher to cooperate with the parents to relieve your baby’s nervousness and tell him that defecation is a normal physiological phenomenon.
However, parents cannot urge bowel movements, so as not to make them more nervous and more difficult to defecate.
4. In addition, you can also try to eliminate product stickers
The Xiaoji Patch of Yuncheng Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine can eliminate food and transform accumulation, invigorate the spleen and stomach, regulate the function of the child's spleen and stomach, and restore the child's spleen and stomach to normal digestion, absorption and metabolism. One post a day, 4-6 hours per post, 7 days as a course of treatment. Adopting the principle of internal and external treatment of Chinese medicine, directly stick to Shenque acupoint (on the belly button) to help appetite, increase digestion, and promote bowel movements. It is suitable for invigorating the spleen and digesting food, indigestion, not thinking about eating, uncomfortable stool, restless sleepiness at night, etc.