In summer, there are many young women with anemia. In the face of this situation, some people insist on eating red dates, longans and other blood-enriching foods for a long time, but the anemia has not improved. And how does summer anemia cause it?
1. The body lacks iron trace elements
Iron is an important trace element for hematopoiesis, and iron deficiency in the diet is the main cause of anemia. Malnutrition anemia mainly refers to severe iron deficiency in the body, followed by anemia caused by the lack of vitamin B12, especially the lack of iron, protein, vitamin B12 and other hematopoietic materials in the body caused by picky eaters.
2. Poor absorption of iron trace elements
Iron malabsorption or loss can also cause anemia, such as hookworm infection, gastrointestinal malabsorption, gastric and duodenal ulcer bleeding, hemorrhoid bleeding, menorrhagia in women, and adolescent functional uterine bleeding, etc. anemia.
3. Blood loss
Blood loss is the most common cause of anemia, which can be divided into acute and chronic. Chronic blood loss often causes iron-deficiency anemia; anemia caused by blood vessel rupture or hemostatic mechanism defects caused by trauma or disease process, and a large amount of blood loss in a short time is called acute hemorrhagic anemia.
How to treat anemia
1. Etiology treatment: The principle of treatment of anemia focuses on taking appropriate measures to eliminate the cause. In many cases, the primary disease is more harmful than anemia itself (such as gastrointestinal cancer), and its treatment is more important than anemia.
2. Drug treatment: Avoid abuse of blood tonics, and strictly control the indications of various drugs. For example, vitamin B12 and folic acid are suitable for the treatment of megaloblastic anemia; iron is only used for iron-deficiency anemia, not for non-iron-deficiency anemia, because it can cause iron overload and affect vital organs (such as heart, liver, Pancreas, etc.).
3. Blood transfusion: The main advantage of blood transfusion is that it can quickly reduce or correct anemia. Therefore, the indications of blood transfusion must be correctly grasped. If a large amount of blood transfusion is required, in order to reduce the overload of the cardiovascular system and reduce the transfusion reaction, concentrated red blood cells can be transfused.
4. Splenectomy: The spleen is an important organ that destroys blood cells and is also related to the production of antibodies.
5. Bone marrow transplantation: Bone marrow transplantation is a new medical technology in recent years. It is mainly used for patients who have not had blood transfusion or rarely have blood transfusion in the early stage of acute aplastic anemia. If the transplantation is successful, it may be cured.