Epidemiological surveys show that among people over 60 years of age in China, the rate of chronic constipation is 15%-20%. Women are four times higher than men. The general trend is that women are higher than men, the elderly are higher than young, and the incidence of children is Not low!
Concept of constipation
Mystery, "closed", closed can't make sense. Constipation refers to constipation and prolonged defecation cycle; or the cycle is not long, but the feces are dry and hard to remove; or the feces are not hard, although the stool is intended, but the discharge is not smooth.
1. The time between bowel movements is more than 1 day longer than your own habit, or the time between two bowel movements is more than 3 days
2. Stool and feces are dry, difficult to remove, or difficult and difficult to defecate
3. Defecation is laborious, 25% of the time during defecation
4. Constipation accompanied by abdominal pain or abdominal discomfort: common in IBS constipation type, symptoms are relieved after frequent defecation
What bad habits are easy to cause constipation
1 dietary factors
If the diet is unregulated, overeating the fat and sweet taste can cause gastrointestinal heat accumulation, loss of body fluid, dry intestines, dry feces, and difficult to discharge;
Indulging in coldness will cause yin and cold to accumulate, stagnation of the gastrointestinal tract, abnormal conduction, and failure of dross;
Some people like to eat low-residue and fine food, or a few patients want to be convenient and trouble-free. Simple diet, lack of crude fiber, reduces stool volume, increases viscosity, slows down movement in the intestine, and excessive water absorption leads to constipation.
2 No good bowel habits
Many people do not develop the habit of regular bowel movements and often ignore normal bowel movements, which results in suppression of defecation reflex and constipation.
Nowadays, most people need to sit for a long time due to work reasons. If sitting for a long time and less moving, the air machine will be unfavorable, which can lead to stagnation of the qi, abnormal flow and drop, conduction failure, internal dregs stop, no downward movement, or inability to get out, or out Not smooth, or dry stool
4 abuse of laxatives
Long-term use of laxatives, especially irritant laxatives, causes damage to the intestinal mucosal nerves, reduces intestinal muscle tension, and causes severe constipation.
5 Diet to lose weight, etc.
Blind dieting to lose weight will greatly reduce the fiber and carbohydrates in the body. If there is not enough food residue, it is easy to form stools. Long-term dieting is more likely to cause constipation.
Classification of constipation
Chronic constipation is divided into two categories: functional and organic. Functional constipation refers to the lack of organic causes, no structural abnormalities or metabolic disorders, and chronic constipation of irritable bowel syndrome is excluded. Organic constipation refers to constipation caused by organ diseases (such as digestive tract diseases, endocrine and metabolic diseases, drug and chemical poisoning, nervous system diseases, etc.).
Common functional constipation
(1) Slow transit constipation: It is the most common type of functional constipation, which refers to constipation in which the contents are retained in the colon or the colon passes slowly due to colonic motility disorders. At the same time, it may be accompanied by other gastrointestinal dysfunction caused by abnormal autonomic nerve function such as delayed gastric emptying or small intestinal dyskinesia. The main complaints of patients are mostly low bowel movements, hard stools, and unintentional stools. Intestinal motility agents are the first choice for treatment.
(2) Outlet obstructive constipation: It has normal colonic transport function, due to abnormal function of the anus and rectum (non-organic disease) such as lack of defecation reflex, pelvic floor muscle spasm syndrome or anal sphincter incoordination during defecation . Including striated muscle dysfunction, abnormal rectal smooth muscle motility, impaired rectal sensory function, anal sphincter incoordination, and pelvic floor spasm syndrome. The main complaint of the patient was difficulty in defecation, anorectal obstruction, and the need for hand assistance during defecation. It occurs mostly in children, women and the elderly. Biofeedback therapy can be selected for treatment.
(3) Mixed constipation: It has the characteristics of slow colonic transit, but also has abnormal anal and rectal function, or both are atypical, and the treatment varies from person to person. This type may be due to the development of slow transit constipation, and some people think that long-term outlet obstruction affects colon emptying and secondary colon weakness.
The dangers of constipation
1. Cause or aggravate hemorrhoids
Long-term constipation. Excessive defecation makes the anal mucous membrane protrude outward, venous return is not smooth, and hemorrhoids form over time
2. Cause anal fissure
Forced defecation, feces cut through the anal canal, forming ulcers and wounds, anal fissures will form.
3 Induces cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
Excessive defecation in the elderly can cause changes in coronary arteries and cerebral blood flow. Due to the decrease in cerebral blood flow, fainting may occur during defecation. Angina and myocardial infarction may occur in patients with insufficient coronary blood supply. High blood pressure can cause cerebrovascular accident
1 general treatment
1Develop good bowel habits
You can defecate once every morning, even if you have no intention of having a bowel movement, you can wait for a while to form a conditioned reflex.
2 reasonable diet
You should eat more foods containing crude fiber, vegetables, fruits, and beans. Drink plenty of water. Drink at least 1500ml of water a day, especially drinking a cup of warm water every morning or before meals, which can effectively prevent constipation.
3 Appropriate exercise
Avoid sitting for a long time, exercise properly, and increase bowel movements.
1 Western medicine treatment
There are many laxatives for the treatment of constipation. Commonly used laxatives can be divided into lubricating laxatives, volume laxatives, stimulant laxatives (contact laxatives), osmotic laxatives, stool softeners, etc., which can increase intestinal water and promote peristalsis. Soften the stool or lubricate the intestines to promote defecation, but the laxative should not be used for long, and the medication should be used under the guidance of a doctor.
2 Chinese medicine treatment
Traditional Chinese medicine divides constipation into actual constipation and asthenia constipation, which includes heat constipation, qi constipation, and cold constipation. Deficiency secretion includes qi deficiency secretion, blood deficiency secretion, Yin deficiency secretion, and Yang deficiency secretion. Different prescriptions are used according to different syndrome types.
3 surgical treatment