How painful is anal fissure?
Everyone knows the pain of anal fissure, but how much painful anal fissures are, but you can only know how much painful anal fissures are. The degree of pain cannot be described. It makes people uncomfortable.
1. Anal fissure concept:
The incidence of anal fissure accounts for the second place in anorectal diseases, second only to hemorrhoids. The prevalence of anal fissures is 20-40 years old. According to statistics in China, there are more men than women. As the name suggests, anal fissure is a crack in the anus. The professional concept is that the skin of the anal canal below the tooth line of the anus, prismatic cracks or ulcers formed due to a variety of reasons. The direction of the slit is parallel to the longitudinal axis of the anal canal and is fusiform or elliptical.
Most anal fissures are located on the posterior midline of the anal canal. This is because the local anatomy is closely related to the physiology of the anal canal. It can also be on the anterior midline, with very few anal fissures on the side. If there is an anal fissure on the side, think about the possibility of intestinal inflammatory disease or tumor. Long-term untreated anal fissure will seriously affect the life of the patient. It will also induce perianal eczema, anal itching and other anorectal diseases, and may also form perianal abscess, high complex anal fissure, causing anal incontinence, and more serious, it may also occur Cancerous.
Causes of anal fissure
Many people often experience symptoms such as constipation, pain after defecation, and bleeding. People often think it is hemorrhoids. Some people also think that only dry and hard stools can open the anus. They don't know the cause of anal fissure. However, patients with such symptoms often get anal fissure instead of hemorrhoids. What is the cause of anal fissure?
1. Constipation: Constipation is one of the most important causes of anal fissure. If the patient has frequent constipation and dry stools, it will inevitably damage the anal canal when passing through the anal canal, causing anal fissure. In addition, if the patient does not cure the constipation during the treatment of anal fissure, anal fissure will be induced again in the future, resulting in frequent anal fissures.
2. Poor defecation habits: Many people have the habit of reading newspapers and smoking during defecation, which invisibly prolongs the defecation time, aggravates the pressure on the anal area, and causes blood stasis in the anal area. If you defecate hard at this time, the anal canal will be excessively compressed, which will cause anal fissure bleeding.
3. Infectious factors: If there are long-term infection factors around the anal canal, it will cause the anal fissure to recur and continue to heal. These infectious factors mainly include various anorectal diseases such as hemorrhoids, perianal abscess, anal fistula, and anal sinusitis.
4. Trauma factors: Most people think that anal trauma is an anal tear. They underestimate the condition of anal laceration and delay treatment. For example, if you eat bones and defecate, you will pierce the anal canal and tear the skin. The next time you defecate hard, you will get anus. Pain and blood in the stool.
Typical symptoms of anal fissure
Constipation is both the cause and the consequence of anal fissure. After anal fissure, the patient is unwilling to defecate for a long time due to pain in the anus, causing constipation, and the stool becomes more dry and hard. Constipation can aggravate the anal fissure and form a vicious circle, making it difficult to heal the anal fissure. So the 2 typical symptoms of anal fissure are:
1. Periodic pain: Pain is the main symptom of anal fissure. Most of the painful symptoms of anal fissure are severe and have typical periodicity. Burning or cutting pain in the anal canal during defecation is called pain during defecation. It is relieved a few minutes after defecation, which is called intermittent period, and then the anal sphincter spasm is painful again, which can last for half to several hours. It is clinically called sphincter contracture pain until the sphincter is fatigued. Crack pain cycle.
2. Blood in the stool: Another major manifestation of anal fissure is blood in the stool. This is because the stool expands the anal canal during defecation, causing small blood vessels in the anal fissure to tear. The amount of bleeding is not much, sometimes there is no bleeding, or blood drips out in the stool. Or blood on the surface of the stool, or blood on the toilet paper after stool, sometimes a small amount of mucus can be seen in the blood.
Prevent anal fissure
Drink water regularly and have regular bowel movements
At the same time, it is necessary to develop good bowel habits, it is best to get up in the morning or after breakfast, and arrange a reasonable time in normal life to prevent the occurrence of diseases.
If anal fissure is not treated in time in the early stage, anal canal ulcers, sentinel hemorrhoids, anal papillary hypertrophy, anal sinusitis, and anal fistula will continue to develop, collectively referred to as "five consecutive anal fissures." Once the "five consecutive signs of anal fissure" is formed, it means that the condition is more serious, the treatment is more complicated, and even anal incontinence is troubled for life. Therefore, patients with anal fissure should go to a regular professional hospital for treatment in time.