I believe that many people will experience constipation, with symptoms such as laborious defecation and incomplete defecation. They will be more or less troubled in life, but they feel that it is not enough to go to the hospital for treatment, so they pass with tolerance Mindset, do not take treatment. Of course, occasional constipation may be resolved through dietary adjustments, but long-term constipation is not a trivial matter. It not only harms health, but may also affect appearance!
1. The harm of constipation
1. Production of toxins: The feces are not discharged in time, and long-term retention in the intestines will produce a large number of harmful toxins, and the intestinal mucosa will be forced to absorb these toxins, making our health and appearance value greatly compromised:
① Decreased appearance: Toxins can cause skin roughness, dullness, acne, pigmentation, and chloasma.
② Out of shape: toxins can slow down the metabolism, accumulate fat, and cause obesity over time.
③Decreased appetite: Toxins can cause gastrointestinal nerve dysfunction, resulting in decreased appetite, belching, dry mouth, bad breath, nausea, vomiting, and anorexia.
④ Mental disorders: Toxins can easily cause dizziness, fatigue, insomnia, forgetfulness, restlessness, inattention, anxiety and depression, and affect work, study and life.
⑤Inducing cancer: Long-term absorption of harmful toxins in the intestinal mucosa can easily induce colorectal cancer.
2. Stimulate the pelvic floor muscles: Constipation can cause long-term stimulation of the pelvic muscles, which can cause dysmenorrhea for women, and affect sexual function for men.
3. Inducing anorectal diseases: long-term constipation often leads to poor bowel habits, which can cause hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and rectal prolapse.
4. Increase the risk of sudden death: For example, patients with high blood pressure may cause cerebral hemorrhage or cerebral embolism due to excessive defecation force, which may cause cerebral hemorrhage or cerebral embolism; for example, patients with coronary heart disease may easily cause angina pectoris because of laborious defecation, or Arrhythmia, myocardial infarction, etc. Therefore, once the elderly with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases develop constipation, they should be actively treated.
2. Prevention and treatment of constipation
1. A reasonable diet
① Eat more foods rich in dietary fiber, such as leeks, celery, spinach, corn, brown rice, etc.
② Drink plenty of water, it is recommended to drink more than 1500ml per day.
③ Eat more foods that can moisturize the bowel, such as honey, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds, yogurt and so on.
2. Develop good bowel habits
①Develop the habit of regular defecation: Choose a suitable time (preferably after getting up in the morning or after breakfast), regardless of whether you have a bowel movement, insist on going to the toilet at this time, and slowly a reflection of regular defecation will be formed.
②Defecation in time: Don't deliberately tolerate stool. If you do not defecate frequently, the water in the stool will be absorbed, making the stool harder to pass.
③Focus on defecation: Control the defecation time within 5-10 minutes, and don't do distractions such as watching mobile phones and playing games while going to the toilet.
3. Appropriate exercise
①Increase the amount of exercise: Avoid standing and sitting for a long time, and do some exercises that can promote intestinal peristalsis, such as brisk walking, jogging, squatting and standing, Tai Chi, Qigong, etc.
②Abdominal massage: every morning or before going to bed, with the belly button as the center, press and knead clockwise for 5-10 minutes each time.
③ Levator anus exercise: enhance the ability to control the anal sphincter. Specific method: Clamp the buttocks and thighs forcefully, and gradually lift the anus for about 3 seconds, restore, repeat 10-20 times, 2-3 times a day, and gradually extend the time of the levator anus.
4. Maintain a good attitude: Anxiety, depression and other bad emotions can cause or aggravate constipation, and a happy and relaxed attitude can enhance the therapeutic effect of constipation.
There are many clinical causes of constipation, including functional causes, and many of them are caused by organic diseases. If after the above methods, constipation still has not improved significantly, do not take laxatives casually, and do not eat health care products indiscriminately according to advertisements. You should seek medical treatment in time and actively search for the cause. Only when the "culprit" of constipation is found, can more effective treatment be obtained. .
Although constipation is not a serious life-threatening disease, long-term constipation can cause many problems. If constipation occurs, you must not ignore it.
Editor: Ke Minhui, Li Xueyu, Zhu Yun, Huang Hongling