Some people have pain in the anus during defecation, especially when the stool is dry. The pain is not only pain during defecation, but it will be relieved for a period of time after the defecation is over, and sometimes accompanied by blood in the stool, most of which are on toilet paper after defecation. Blood, most people think that they have "hemorrhoids" and don't care.
After a period of time, the symptoms became more and more serious. Every time I had a bowel movement, I felt heart-piercing pain, so I didn’t dare to defecate. This led to a vicious circle. The bowel movement is not clean, very painful.
What is anal fissure
As the name suggests, an anal fissure is a crack in the anal canal. Medically, the full-thickness of the skin of the anal canal splits longitudinally and forms an infectious ulcer, which is called anal fissure.
The main clinical manifestations of anal fissure are: periodic anal pain, bleeding and constipation.
Anal pain is the main manifestation of anal fissure. The pain is tear-like pain or burning. The pain relieves or disappears within a few minutes to ten minutes after defecation. This is called the pain intermittent period. The pain reappears about half an hour after defecation. This time the pain Sometimes it is more severe than the pain during defecation, and it often lasts for several hours before gradually alleviating. This form of pain is medically called the periodic pain of anal fissure.
Blood in the stool is mostly blood on the toilet paper after defecation. Sometimes blood dripping during defecation can also be seen. The color is mostly bright red, and it is mostly attached to the surface of the stool. When the constipation is severe, the blood in the stool will increase accordingly.
The treatment of anal fissure should first soften the stool, change the bad bowel habits, and keep the stool smooth. You must drink more water and eat more fiber-rich foods to avoid excessive force during defecation. If necessary, you can use drugs to defecate to promote smooth stool discharge.
In some early anal fissure patients, the anal fissure can heal by itself on the basis of softening the stool, keeping the stool smooth, and improving the bowel habits.
1. Sitz bathing method: Sit bath with warm water before defecation can relax the anal sphincter and reduce the impact of feces on anal fissure; post-defecation bathing can wash away fecal residues, reduce foreign body stimulation, and relieve sphincter spasm and anal pain. Chinese herbal medicine can be used as a fumigation bath or a 1:5000 potassium permanganate solution.
2. The method of dressing or embedding: insert various suppositories and ointments that can protect the mucous membrane, lubricate the intestines, relieve pain and stop bleeding, etc. Improve symptoms, such as various hemorrhoid suppositories and hemorrhoid creams on the market, which have a very good effect on improving the symptoms of anal fissure and promoting wound healing.
3. Surgical treatment: After non-surgical treatment fails, surgical treatment is required. The purpose of surgery is to relieve anal stenosis and sphincter spasm, and promote the healing of the crack. There are different surgical methods depending on the condition of the anal fissure.
How to prevent anal fissure
1. Eat a reasonable diet, avoid spicy food, eat more fruits and vegetables, and drink more water to prevent dry stools and avoid scratches on the anus by rough stools.
2. Develop good bowel habits to prevent constipation.
3. Pay attention to anal cleanliness, avoid infection, and treat as soon as possible after anal fissure to prevent secondary anal diseases.