Eggplant knowledge introduction:
Eggplant belongs to the Solanaceae family, an annual vegetable. It is native to India and widely cultivated in China. It is one of the main summer vegetables. Eggplant is eaten by its tender fruit. According to its shape, it can be divided into three types: round eggplant, bulb eggplant and string eggplant. Eggplant, the fruit is round, the skin is dark purple, shiny, the stalk is dark purple, the flesh is light green and white, the flesh is dense and tender; the bulb eggplant, the fruit is shaped like a bulb, the skin is dark purple, shiny, the stalk is dark purple, and the flesh Light green and white, with more seeds and slightly loose flesh; eggplant, the fruit is slender or slightly curved, the skin is thin, dark purple or dark purple, the flesh is light green and white, contains less seeds, and the flesh is soft and soft. it is good.
Eggplant is one of the few purple vegetables and a very common home-cooked vegetable on the table. Eggplant is also rich in nutrition. Nutritional content: per 100 grams contains 2.3 grams of protein, 0.1 grams of fat, 3.1 grams of carbohydrates, 22 mg of calcium, 31 mg of phosphorus, 0.4 mg of iron, and carotene. 0.04 mg, thiamine 0.03 mg, riboflavin 0.04 mg, niacin 0.5 mg, and ascorbic acid 3 mg.
Especially the content of vitamin P is very high. Each 100 grams contains 750 mg of vitamin P, which is unmatched by many fruits and vegetables. Vitamin P can maintain the elasticity and physiological functions of the blood vessel wall, protect the cardiovascular system, and ascorbic acid. This substance can enhance the adhesion between human cells, enhance the elasticity of capillaries, reduce the fragility and permeability of capillaries, and prevent capillary rupture and bleeding. It keeps the cardiovascular system functioning normally and prevents hardening and rupture. Therefore, eating eggplant regularly can help prevent high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis and hemorrhagic purpura. Cardiovascular protection, ascorbic acid: In addition, eggplant has the effect of preventing scurvy and promoting wound healing. Foreign research results show that its anti-cancer performance is several times that of other vegetables with the same effect. It is a powerful anti-cancer. Preventing gastric cancer: Eggplant contains solanine, which can inhibit the proliferation of digestive system tumors and has a certain effect on preventing gastric cancer. In addition, eggplant has the effect of clearing cancer fever. Eggplant also contains phosphorus, calcium, potassium and other trace elements and choline, fenugreek base, stachyine, solanine and other alkaloids. Especially purple eggplant has a higher vitamin content.
Nutritional analysis of eggplant:
1. Protect cardiovascular and anti-scurvy: Eggplant is rich in vitamin P. This substance can enhance the adhesion between human cells, enhance the elasticity of capillaries, reduce the fragility and permeability of capillaries, and prevent capillary rupture and bleeding. Maintain normal cardiovascular function. In addition, eggplant has the effects of preventing scurvy and promoting wound healing;
2. Prevention and treatment of gastric cancer: Eggplant contains solanine, which can inhibit the proliferation of tumors in the digestive system and has a certain effect on the prevention and treatment of gastric cancer. In addition, eggplant has the effect of clearing cancer fever;
3. Anti-aging: Eggplant contains vitamin E, which has the functions of preventing bleeding and anti-aging. Regular consumption of eggplant can prevent the blood cholesterol level from increasing, which is of positive significance for delaying human aging.
4. Li Shizhen said in the "Compendium of Materia Medica": "The nature of eggplant is cold and beneficial. If you eat more, you will benefit from abdominal pain."
Therapeutic effects of eggplant:
Eggplant is sweet in taste and cool in nature. It enters the spleen, stomach and large intestine meridian; it has the effects of clearing heat and stopping bleeding, reducing swelling and pain;
It is used for heat toxin carbuncle, skin ulcer, sore of mouth and tongue, blood under hemorrhoids, blood in stool, blood in blemish and other diseases. Anti-aging: Eggplant contains vitamin E, which has the functions of preventing bleeding and anti-aging. Regular consumption of eggplant can prevent the blood cholesterol level from increasing, which has a positive significance in delaying human aging. Chinese medicine believes that eggplant is a kind of cold food. Therefore, eating it in summer will help clear away heat and relieve heat. It is especially suitable for people who are prone to prickly heat and sores. People with indigestion and diarrhea should not eat more, as Li Shizhen said in the Compendium of Materia Medica: "Eater is cold and beneficial, and if you eat more, you will benefit from abdominal pain." "Southern Yunnan Materia Medica" records that eggplant can disperse blood, Reduce swelling and wide intestines. Therefore, it is helpful to eat more eggplants for those who have knots, hemorrhoids, bleeding, and jaundice. You can use purple eggplant and rice to cook porridge. The "Compendium of Materia Medica" introduces that the pedicled eggplant is dried, ground into fine powder, and mixed with wine to treat intestinal bleeding; "Southern Yunnan Materia Medica" advocates the use of rice soup, which is more appropriate. Bleeding from hemorrhoids, alcohol should not be used. Dry the stalked eggplant and grind it into fine powder, more often for external use.
Eggplant practice guidance:
1. Eggplant is suitable for roasting, braising, steaming, frying, mixing and other cooking methods, such as "fish-flavored eggplant", "fried eggplant box", "pork sliced eggplant", etc.;
2. Old eggplants, especially those after autumn, contain more solanine, which is harmful to the human body and should not be eaten more;
3. Deep-fried eggplant will cause a large loss of vitamin P, which can be reduced by frying after paste and sizing;
4. At the place where the sepals of the eggplant connect with the fruit, there is a light-colored band. The wider and more obvious this band is, it means that the eggplant fruit is growing rapidly without aging. If the band is not obvious, it means that the eggplant has stopped growing when harvested, and the eggplant has grown old at this time, which affects eating;
5. Eggplant is very easy to oxidize when heated, and the color will turn black and affect the appearance. If you put it in a hot oil pan before cooking and fry it with other ingredients, it will not change color easily;
6. After cutting the eggplant, put it in the oil and fry it immediately before it changes color. In this way, the excess water in the eggplant can be fried, and it is easy to taste when it is stewed;
7. After the eggplant is cut into pieces or slices, it will quickly turn from white to brown due to oxidation. If the cut eggplant is immediately soaked in water, and then picked up and drained when cooking, the eggplant can be prevented from discoloring.
Additional information about eggplant:
1. Identification of old and tender eggplants: Tender eggplants are dark in color, thin skin, loose flesh, low weight, tender and sweet, and the flesh is not easy to separate. There is a green-white skin on the bottom of the calyx. The color of old eggplant is bright and shiny, the skin is thick and tight, the flesh is firm and the flesh is easy to separate, the seeds are yellow and hard, heavy, and some have a bitter taste.
2. The quality requirements of eggplant: the shape of the fruit is uniform and regular, and the age is moderate, without cracks, rot, rust, and spots. Thin skin, few seeds, thick and tender flesh are good products.
Eggplant is suitable for the crowd:
suitable for majority of the people
1. It can clear away heat and relieve heat, especially suitable for people who are prone to rashes and sores;
2. People with deficiency of the spleen and stomach and asthma should not eat more; people who are weak and have loose stools should not eat more; eat eggplant before surgery, the anesthetic may not be properly decomposed, which will delay the patient's recovery time and affect the patient's recovery speed.