"The weather, personnel, and the sun are urging, and the winter solstice, the sun and the spring again."
The winter solstice, commonly known as "winter festival", "long solstice festival", "yasui", etc., is one of the first to be formulated in the twenty-four solar terms. It is a very important solar term in the Chinese lunar calendar and a traditional festival of the Chinese nation.
The winter solstice is the shortest day and the longest night in the northern hemisphere of the earth. After the winter solstice, the day will become longer and the night will become shorter. The ancients said about the winter solstice: at the end of the cathode, the yang qi begins to emerge, the sun reaches the south, the sun is short, and the shadow of the sun is long, so it is called the "winter solstice". After the winter solstice, the climate everywhere has entered the coldest stage, which is often referred to as "Jin Nine". There is a saying among Chinese people that "Hot is at low temperature and cold is at 39."
Daily life in the winter solstice
In ancient China, the winter solstice was attached great importance. The winter solstice is regarded as a larger festival. There was a saying that "the winter solstice is as big as the year", and there is a custom to celebrate the winter solstice. The winter solstice is also one of the most important solar terms in terms of health preservation, mainly because of "the winter solstice has one sun." The winter solstice is the coldest season to small cold and severe cold. People suffering from heart and hypertension tend to get worse, and more people suffer from "strokes". Cold weather is also prone to frostbite.
Therefore, in the cold winter season, for the elderly, patients with hypertension, arteriosclerosis, and coronary heart disease, they must be particularly vigilant and beware of attacks. The following preventive measures should be taken:
1. Pay attention to cold and warm. During the winter solstice to the small cold and the severe cold, the temperature often drops below 0℃, especially in the morning and evening hours. Clothes should be added in time. Clothes and pants should be warm and soft and loose. They should not be worn too tightly to facilitate blood flow;
2. Reasonably adjust the diet and daily life, do not drink, do not smoke, and do not overwork;
3. Maintain a good mood, be stable and happy, avoid anger, irritability and depression;
4. Carry out appropriate cold exercises, such as washing your face with cold water at ordinary times, to improve the body's adaptability to the cold and cold tolerance; but because the temperature often drops below 0°C in the morning and evening, outdoor exercise should not be carried out during these two periods;
5. Observe and pay attention to your own physical condition and changes in your condition at any time. Go to the hospital for inspection when you feel unwell or change in condition. Take necessary medicines to control the development of the condition and take preventive measures.
Winter Solstice Diet Principles:
During the winter solstice season, the diet should be diversified, coarse and fine grains, fruits, meats, and vegetables should be reasonably matched, and high-calcium foods should be consumed appropriately. The diet should be light, not fatty and salty foods. Recommended foods include beef and mutton, crucian carp, shiitake mushrooms, liver, chicken, rice, peanuts, pine nuts, etc. Should pay attention to "three more and three less", that is, more protein, vitamins, cellulose, less carbohydrates, fat, and salt.
Eat less raw and cold, but don't eat too hot food. According to one's own physical condition, it is advisable to eat some high-calorie meals with nourishing yin and yang, and also to eat more fresh vegetables to avoid vitamin deficiency. For example: radish, vegetables, tofu, fungus, etc.
"Eat radish in winter and ginger in summer", eating radish in winter is better than eating ginseng. Radishes contain protein, sugar, vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, as well as calcium, phosphorus, iron and so on. The saccharification enzyme and mustard oil contained in radish are beneficial to human digestion. In addition to being a popular vegetable that people like to eat, the value of its medicinal bushes is even more impressive. The radish is sweet and pungent in taste and cool in nature. It has the effects of lowering the breath and relieving asthma, relieving cough, resolving phlegm, eliminating food and bloating, promoting bowel movements and clearing away heat and toxins.
Recommended diet for winter solstice:
During the winter solstice, there is a custom of eating dumplings in most parts of northern China and glutinous rice balls in the south.
1. Eating dumplings in the winter solstice: It is the most common and common eating custom. "Eating dumplings in the winter solstice" is almost a tradition in every household in northern China. Almost all people, regardless of gender, are suitable. However, since the dough of dumplings has not been fermented, it is not suitable to eat too much, so it is not advisable to eat more, especially for people with full stomach and indigestion.
2. Glutinous rice balls and mochi: South China is not as cold as the north. You can also eat some local specialties during the winter solstice to welcome the winter solstice. Such as glutinous rice balls, mochi, fermented rice balls, etc.
3. Drinking mutton soup in winter solstice: Eating more mutton in winter is beneficial to the body's internal fire and is effective in resisting cold. It is the first choice for winter diet. However, people suffering from liver disease, especially those who have reached the stage of cirrhosis of the liver, those in the early stages of a cold, suffer from certain heat-related diseases such as phlegm, fire, dampness and heat, early infectious diseases, edema, and suffering from exopathies, dental diseases, boils, acne, hemorrhoids, People who are prone to sores on the tongue should not eat lamb. People with ulcers, people who are prone to nosebleeds, and people with chronic constipation should not eat more. People with gout and high uric acid should eat less lamb, preferably not.
The winter solstice is approaching, I wish you and your family: Happy winter solstice, health and longevity!