1. What factors do traditional Chinese medicine think are related to the occurrence of anorectal diseases?
(1) Sitting for a long time, standing for a long time, walking for a long time or overloading
"Authentic Surgery" has: "A person with hemorrhoids...bearing heavy burdens, struggling to travel long distances, qi and blood crisscrossing, and meridians interlacing...so that turbid Qi and blood stasis can flow into the anus and hemorrhoids can occur. This problem is common for both young and old men and women. ". According to the survey, the barbers, salespersons, sedentary cadres and drivers who work for a long time, and porters who carry heavy loads for a long time suffer the most from hemorrhoids. This is related to blood stasis and poor Qi and blood.
(2) Irregular diet, constipation or diarrhea
"Suwen·Song Tian Lun" has: "Therefore, when you are full, your tendons and veins are loosened, and the intestines become hemorrhoids." "Surgery Zheng Zong" said: "The husband is dirty and poisonous, the mellow wine has a strong taste, hard work, and the poison flows into the anus to form a lump." Heavy drinking and addiction to spicy food, mustard, pepper, garlic, etc., can easily cause the stomach and intestines to produce damp heat, turbid qi and blood stasis, betting on the anus, hemorrhoids, habitual constipation or people who like to read books and newspapers in the toilet, due to forced defecation or squatting for too long, It is also easy to cause blood stasis in the rectum and anus and add hemorrhoids; such as hard work in the stool, or chronic diarrhea, qi deficiency and depression, prolapse of the anus; or internal warmth, constipation, dry and hard stool, and defecation If you use force, scratch and damage the anal skin and subcutaneous tissue, it is easy to get anal fissure.
(3) Women's pregnancy
Women grow up with the fetus every day after pregnancy. The rectum and anus are easily compressed by the fetus and the blood is stagnant, and stool is difficult to pass. Coupled with the force during childbirth, there are many hemorrhoids and anal fissures after pregnancy. For women with weaker physique , Especially after many childbirths, loss of qi and blood and depression of qi can easily lead to prolapse.
(4) Excessive sexual intercourse
Intercourse can cause perineal congestion, so excessive sexual intercourse or tolerance without diarrhea can also aggravate rectal congestion, stagnation of qi and blood, and become a cause of hemorrhoids.
(5) Feel dampness, heat, wind, and dryness
"Hejian Six Books" pointed out: "The cover is covered with wind and heat, and the valley flows out and spreads to the lower part, so the anus becomes swollen and the knots are like plum plum cores, or even fistulas." Humidity, heat, wind, dryness and other evils cause qi and blood to stagnate between the anorectal muscles, and the meridian is blocked, which can cause hemorrhoids; stagnation will reduce heat and heat will rot the meat, which will become pus, which will form an abscess around the anorectum; Carbuncle formed by heat can cause ulcers or fistulas on the anal skin. With fecal stimulation, anal fissures can easily form.
(6) Genetic factors
"Xue's Medical Cases" pointed out: "The symptoms of hemorrhoids or fetal poison...". The survey showed that hemorrhoids are more concentrated in the same family, reflecting that hemorrhoids are related to genetic factors.
(7) Chronic illness and weakness
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that the human body is an indivisible whole, local anorectal diseases can affect the whole, and the internal qi and blood flow disorder, the visceral dysfunction can also cause anorectal disease, that is, "the inside must do the outside." If the illness does not heal for a long time, the qi and blood are insufficient, the central qi is sinking, or the five internal organs are weakened, especially the spleen and kidney qi deficiency, unable to consolidate and prolapse, often lead to prolapse, "Introduction to Medicine" pointed out: "Anus prolapse, not due to deficiency" ; Insufficient Qi and blood, anal abscess ulcerated but not converging, and can form anal fistula over time; chronic diarrhea, chronic dysentery, and chronic cough can also easily cause qi deficiency and sink, rectal and anus stasis and hemorrhoids, as stated in "Yi Zong Jin Jian" : "Patients with chronic diarrhea and hemorrhoids from a long pavilion", "Patients with chronic illness and cough and hemorrhoids".
2. What should be paid attention to in the prevention of anorectal disease?
"The Complete Book of Sore Ulcers" says: "Eat fatty food, pepper, chili...five hemorrhoids if you go under the wind and heat." "Miracle Recipe" contains: "The poison of alcohol heat flows in the veins...injects the large intestine...with fire to relieve dryness, the stool will be closed, and hemorrhoids will be caused." Therefore, to prevent anorectal disease, you should first pay attention to your diet. Eat less pepper, mustard, spirits, greasy, fried, seafood, and raw and cold foods, and eat more light foods such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Secondly, correcting bad living habits is also an important way to prevent anorectal diseases. For example, "Surgery Zheng Zong" said: "Because of prolonged sitting, the blood is not good... and the burden is light and heavy, the energy and blood are crisscrossed, the meridians... Hemorrhoids". "The Complete Book of Dou's Surgery" also said: "For a long time to bear the stool, it will cause the yin and yang incompatibility, the blockage of the gate, the wind and heat will rush down, and the birth of five hemorrhoids." It can be seen from this that we must combine work and rest in daily life, avoid excessive fatigue, correct bad habits, adjust one's emotions, maintain peace of mind, avoid excessive excitement, sadness and tension, correct bad bowel habits, and prevent constipation in time. Keep the anus clean and hygienic, so as to prevent the occurrence of anorectal diseases.
3. Why do people who love drinking and eating spicy food are prone to anorectal disease?
In ancient medical books, there is "the husband’s wine hemorrhoids are caused by excessive drinking and injury to the intestines and stomach. The husband’s alcohol is very hot and there is a big poison. The alcohol stains the internal organs, causing the blood to overflow, the heat does not dissipate, and the large intestine is accumulated. Therefore, it is ordered to give blood", "Eating fatty, pepper, chili...five hemorrhoids will produce five hemorrhoids under the wind and heat." Because alcohol and pepper have a direct stimulating effect on the rectal mucosa, eating too much can cause the rectal mucosa to become congested, dilate and form hemorrhoids. Pepper and alcohol can also stimulate the anal flap and anal sinus, causing local inflammation and leading to anal sinusitis, anal papillitis, perianal abscess and other diseases. Spicy products can easily cause constipation due to intestinal dryness and heat. Long-term constipation is also an important cause of anorectal diseases.
4. What are the common symptoms of anorectal disease?
(1) Anal pain In anorectal lesions, anal sinusitis, anal papillitis, anal fissure, external hemorrhoids, perianal inflammation, perianal abscess, anal fistula, etc. occur below the dentate line. These diseases can cause varying degrees of Pain in the anus.
(2) Tumors prolapsed. Tumors prolapsed outside the anus after defecation, which are common in internal hemorrhoids, papilloma, rectal polyps, and rectal prolapse.
(3) Blood in the stool Blood in the stool caused by anorectal diseases is more bright red. It is common in internal hemorrhoid bleeding, anal fissure, rectal polyps, proctitis, anorectal cancer, etc.
(4) Pus Discharge Anorectal diseases, clinical pus outflow is more common in anal fistula, abscess ulceration, anal fissure inflammation, proctitis, etc.
(5) Perianal itching Perianal itching, sometimes extreme itching, is common in anorectal inflammatory lesions, skin diseases and enterobiasis.
(6) Changes in bowel habits Healthy people have normal bowel habits, and changes in bowel habits are common in hemorrhoids, anal fistulas, anal fissures, and anorectal tumors.
(7) Thinning stools Thinning stools are common in certain congenital diseases, such as congenital anorectal stenosis; internal and external anorectal lesions, such as anorectal cancer or tumor compression around anorectal; anorectal surgery , Trauma, it can narrow the anorectal canal, thin and flat stools, such as hemorrhoids, anal fistula surgery injuries.
5. What conditions are abnormal stools?
Any abnormalities in stool quality, stool volume, number of bowel movements per day, and bowel sensation are abnormal stools.
Many people usually think that diarrhea and constipation are abnormal stools, but this is only one aspect. In addition, the occurrence, development and relief of mucus in stool, bleeding, abdominal pain or bloating, and anal pain and itching are all related to defecation, and even cause and effect each other. Therefore, it can also be attributed to abnormal stool in a broad sense. .
6. What are the issues that patients with anorectal disease should pay attention to when describing their symptoms when visiting a doctor?
Many patients with anorectal disease cannot clearly or comprehensively state their symptoms when visiting a doctor, which is not conducive to doctors to fully understand and grasp the condition and give corresponding treatment. In response to this situation, patients should focus on the following statements when seeking medical treatment:
(1) When seeing a doctor, you should describe to the doctor the time when the symptoms started, whether they occurred continuously or intermittently, and the frequency of occurrence. Finally, add a description of the quantity and quality. For example, the amount of bleeding can be roughly a few drops, a bottle cap, and an ink It’s not necessary to say too much in general; the qualitative description, such as tingling, swelling, throbbing pain and so on.
(2) Explain the evolution of symptoms and the current situation.
(3) Whether there are other accompanying symptoms such as fever, chills, pain, etc.
(4) Describe the possible causes that you know, such as spicy food, alcoholism, fatigue, etc.
(5) What is the diagnosis and treatment of previous diseases, and what is the effect?
The patient should answer according to the content of the doctor's inquiry, and must not exaggerate or conceal the condition, otherwise it will be extremely unfavorable to the diagnosis and treatment of the disease, and may even cause misdiagnosis and mistreatment. The best way is to recall the entire course of your illness in detail before going to the doctor and make a small outline to avoid omissions.
7. Will anorectal diseases be inherited?
Anorectal diseases are generally not inherited, but some are family-prone. For example, in daily life, it is often seen that multiple people in a family suffer from hemorrhoids. This may be due to the congenital venous wall of the rectum and anus in this family. Weak, weak resistance to pressure, unable to tolerate vascular pressure, easy to expand to form venous vascular clusters, and form hemorrhoids, which may also be caused by the same or similar living environment, dietary preferences, and daily habits of people in this family.
But for anorectal tumors, there is often a certain genetic predisposition.