Blood in stool
Blood discharged from the anus, stool with blood, or all blood in the stool, the color is bright red, dark red or tarry, all called blood in the stool. Hematochezia is generally seen in lower gastrointestinal bleeding, especially colon and rectum bleeding, but occasionally upper gastrointestinal bleeding is seen. The color of blood in the stool depends on the location of the gastrointestinal bleeding, the amount of bleeding and the time the blood stays in the intestine. Hematochezia with bleeding from skin, cat membrane or other organs is more common in blood system diseases and other systemic diseases. Such as leukemia, diffuse intravascular coagulation and so on.
Causes of blood in the stool
The cause of blood in the stool in children is mostly caused by rectal polyps. The blood is bright red, painless, and the blood does not mix with stool.
Adults have mucus-like blood in the stool, accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen, frequent stools and other symptoms, usually caused by ulcerative colitis.
Nine diseases that cause blood in the stool:
1. Hemorrhoids or anal fissure, anal fistula
The blood color is generally bright red, and it does not mix with feces, and does not contain mucus. It is manifested as dripping of blood after stool, which is more likely to occur when indurated stool.
2. Bacterial dysentery
Stools are often pus and blood samples, and the amount is small each time, often accompanied by tenesmus; the chronic phase is intermittent mucus, pus and blood in the stool.
3. Amoebic dysentery
Stools are mostly jam-like, or dark red, with large amounts, often accompanied by purulent mucus. Patients often have fever, abdominal distension, abdominal pain, and tenesmus.
A history of exposure to infected water, often manifested as chronic diarrhea, stool with pus and blood or stool with blood.
5. Ulcerative colitis
Stool is generally mucus, pus, and blood-like stool, and in severe cases, it can be blood-like stool.
Excreting mucus and blood in the stool, often without stool.
7. Rectal cancer
8. Colon cancer
Stool becomes thin, and the stool is accompanied by mucus, pus and blood, and colon cancer may be suspected.
9. Rectal and colon polyps
Rectum, sigmoid colon, or descending colon polyps are manifested as fresh blood attached to the stool.
These people should be wary of blood in the stool
Young people, please be wary of stool bleeding
Rectal malignant patients have become younger, and the proportion of patients younger than 30 years old has risen from 8% 10 years ago to 15%.
Blood in the stool is more careless in middle-aged and elderly people
With the increase of age, the malignant degeneration of the sigmoid colon and rectum (including benign and malignant) in the human body increases significantly.
Edit the characteristics of hemorrhoids caused by blood in the stool
1. The amount of bleeding. The number varies, the lighter only has stool bleeding, and the severer has bleeding from a few milliliters to more than ten milliliters each time.
2. Frequency of bleeding. Severe cases will inevitably bleed during bowel movements.
3. Timing of bleeding. Dry stools or eating irritating foods such as peppers are most likely to occur or aggravate.
4. Bleeding mode. Usually the stool is accompanied by fresh blood or dripping blood after stool.
5. Local inspection. With naked eyes, there may or may not be prolapsed hemorrhoids (mass) outside the anus.
6. Anoscopy. Expanding or pulling the hook to open the anus, you can see that there are hemorrhoids of different sizes on the dentate line.
Color analysis of stool bleeding
1. Bloody stool
Second, pus and blood in the stool
3. Black stool (tar-like stool)
Refers to the black or brownish-black stool, also known as tarry stool, which is one of the most common symptoms of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Upper gastrointestinal bleeding is mainly manifested as melena, often accompanied by hematemesis, palpitations, fatigue, anemia and other symptoms and signs. If the amount of bleeding is small and the speed is slow, the blood stays in the intestine for a long time, and the stool discharged due to the action of intestinal juice is black; if the amount of bleeding is large and the residence time in the intestine is short, the discharged blood is Dark red; the amount of bleeding is particularly large, and it can be bright red when discharged quickly.
Edit this paragraph common symptoms
Gastrointestinal dampness and heat: blood in the stool, dry lips, thirst for cold drinks, swollen gums, bad breath, bitter mouth, sores on the tongue, constipation, anal burning, red tongue and yellow coating, strong pulse and other symptoms.
Damp heat and steaming: blood first, then defecate, red blood underneath, uncomfortable stool, swollen limbs, dull appetite, bitter mouth, short red urine, red tongue, yellow and greasy coating, pulse numbness.
Deficiency and coldness of the spleen and stomach: blood in the stool first, or mixed blood in the stool, or pure blood, dark purple, or stool like tar, pale complexion, fatigue, abdominal pain, dullness, loose stools, cold limbs, mouth Light but not thirsty, pale tongue, white moss, weak pulse.
Liver Yin Deficiency: Blood in the stool, symptom and dizziness, red and red cheeks, five upset hot, restless night sleep, bone steaming and night sweats, loss of sperm in dreams, backaches and limbs tired, body weight loss, red and crimson tongue, broken pulse .
Hemorrhoids and blood in the stool: blood in the stool is bright red, pain in the anus is unbearable, or swollen with hemorrhoids, or accompanied by anal fissure, red tongue, yellow coating, and pulse strings.
Introduction to the disease of red blood in the stool
(1) Hemorrhoids bleeding (2) Colonic diverticulum bleeding (3) Isolated rectal ulcer bleeding (4) Anal fissure bleeding (5) Colorectal polyps (6) Colorectal cancer
Causes of blood in urine
1. If blood in urine and stool is accompanied by long-term frequent urination, urgency, and pain, the possibility of renal tuberculosis is higher;
2. Symptoms such as blood in the urine and stool with swelling of the eyelids, face or body, increased blood pressure and fever, may be acute nephritis;
3. If urinary blood in the stool is accompanied by severe urinary frequency, urgency, or pain, most of them have acute cystitis;
4. If urination is not smooth, the mouth of the urethra is not painful, but the naked eye sees light red urine or the red blood cells are traced under the microscope, it is mostly prostate inflammation;
5. People with blood in urine and stool with low back pain symptoms, sometimes severe paroxysmal low back pain-renal colic, may be kidney or ureteral stones;
6. Aged over 40 years old, with no obvious symptoms and pain, blood in the urine, and possibly urinary system tumors;
7. Blood in urine and stool, low back pain are obviously related to body position and daily activities. If the symptoms get better after bed rest, and aggravate after physical activity increases, the possibility of kidney droop is greater;
8. If hematuria is accompanied by bleeding from other parts of the body, it may be caused by blood diseases.
Causes of blood in the stool caused by the digestive tract
(1) Upper digestive tract diseases
Hematemesis is usually accompanied by melena, and bloody stools can occur when the amount of bleeding is large and fast.
(2) Lower gastrointestinal diseases
1. Small intestinal diseases: common in tuberculosis, typhoid fever, acute hemorrhagic necrotizing enteritis, hookworm disease, Crohn disease, small intestinal tumors and hemangioma, jejunal diverticulitis, ulcers, intussusception, etc.
2. Colon diseases: bacillary dysentery, amoebic dysentery, schistosomiasis, ulcerative colitis, colonic diverticulitis, tumors, polyps, ischemic colitis, etc.
3. Rectal and anal canal diseases: injuries, proctitis, polyps, tumors, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, etc.
4. Other diseases: sepsis, leukemia, thrombocytopenic purpura, hemophilia, vitamin C or K deficiency, liver disease, hemorrhagic fever, etc.
Type of blood in stool
(1) Acute infectious diseases and parasitic diseases:
1. Epidemic hemorrhagic fever 2. Typhoid fever 3, hookworm disease
(2) Diseases of the blood system
The title of "Lingshu·The First Birth of All Diseases": "Later Blood"; "Treatise on Febrile Diseases" called "Blood Blood"; "The Synopsis of the Golden Chamber" said: "Blood", and according to the order of lower blood and defecation, it put forward "far The names of "blood" and "near blood". Zhang Jingyue pointed out: "Blood in the stool comes from far away, and the distant one is in the small intestine, or in the kidney.... The blood is in the bowel before it comes near, and the nearer is in the wide intestine or the anus. "Later physicians have the names of bloody turbidity, intestinal wind, and dirty poison. "The Key to Syndrome and Treatment" says: "Bright red serum is intestinal wind, and turbid and dark are dirty poison." "Introduction to Medicine" has blood in the stool that is powerful, and those who shoot as far as an arrow are called "blood arrows." This syndrome should be differentiated from diarrhea, pus and blood. Patients with dysentery, pus and blood, are mostly mixed with pus and blood, and have obvious abdominal pain, tenesmus and other manifestations, while this symptom is manifested by blood from falling down during stool without pus-like substances, and no obvious abdominal pain and tenesmus.
Certificate name. Blood in the stool results in "Suwen·Another Theory of Yin and Yang": it is caused by damp heat, stagnation, poisoning invading the intestines and stomach, or wind and heat in the lower Jiao, and blood vessel damage. "Three Causes and One Disease Syndrome" Volume 9: "The patient has blood in his stool, which may be clear, muddy, fresh, or dark, or before the stool, or after the stool, or with the discharge,... …So it is called blood in the stool." "The Synopsis of the Golden Chamber" regards the blood before the stool as the distant blood, and the blood after the stool as the near blood. Near blood is divided into intestinal wind and dirty poison. Later generations are classified according to the cause of the disease, and are divided into damp-heat blood in the stool, heat-accumulated blood in the stool, heat-toxin blood, damp-toxin blood, drunken blood in the stool, cold blood in the stool, intestinal blood in the intestines, blood in the infusion, etc. See each article for details. If the blood in the stool does not heal for a long time, it is mostly caused by the loss of visceral energy, or the loss of the liver due to chronic illness, the spleen deficiency can not take blood, and the kidney deficiency can not be fixed. For dysentery, see blood in the stool, see the dysentery article for details. This syndrome is seen in peptic ulcer, acute infectious disease, blood disease and colon, rectum, and anal diseases.
"Intestinal wind", "visceral toxin" and "yin formation" in Chinese medicine all refer to blood in the stool. Either blood first and then defecation, or first defecation and then blood, or simply bleeding. "Golden Chamber" has far blood and near blood. "Jingyue Quanshu" further clarifies that those with distant blood may be in the small intestine or stomach; those with near blood may be in the large intestine or anus. In "Keys for Syndrome and Treatment", those with clear and fresh blood are regarded as intestinal wind, and those with turbid but dull are dirty poison. "Sanji Zonglu" said that the internal knot of yin qi is yin, and hemorrhoids are also included. There are two common causes of blood in the stool, one is that the spleen cannot control the blood, and the other is that the damp-heat bet damages the large intestine collaterals.
In the syndrome of weak spleen, the blood quality is thin and the color is light, the dripping is constant, or the stool is dark and bloody, accompanied by poor complexion, tiredness and laziness, dizziness, tinnitus, faint abdominal pain, fever and cold, thin white coating or tooth marks . It belongs to spleen deficiency and weak qi, and dereliction of duty. Fang selected Huangtu Decoction, Guipi Decoction, Buzhong Yiqi Decoction, etc., avoid using the product of bitter cold injury, prevent ice and add frost. Medicines such as Taizi ginseng, Atractylodes macrocephala, dried tangerine peel, astragalus, Yunling, heart soil, angelica, licorice, yam, raw cockles, etc.
Hot and humid bets, such as blood in the stool, such as fresh color, hot hands, feet, and dry throat, are heat pressing on the large intestine, hurting the blood network, and cooling blood to stop bleeding is recommended.Use Huaihua San, Diyu San, Zhibai Dihuang Decoction, etc. Medicinal raw ulm, paeonol, raw rehmannia, locust flower, asparagus, Ophiopogon japonicus, scrophulariaceae, northern adenophora, bamboo leaves, honeysuckle, cornus, raw white peony, agrimony, etc.; if the blood is dirty and thick Large intestines, heavy stools, hot and astringent urination, mostly due to damp heat in the large intestine. To clear away heat, remove dampness, and detoxify, often choose Diyu San plus Atractylodes, Phellodendron, and Zanglian Pills, or use Alisma Decoction plus dandelion, Guanzhong, Tuckahoe, Forsythia, Rhubarb, etc. If the stool is bloody for a long time, the dampness and heat are not clear, and the Yingyin has been lost, the treatment should take into account the deficiency and the actual, and the Yingqing heat.
Traditional Chinese medicine prescription for blood in the stool
(1) Rhubarb charcoal powder, 3-6 grams each time, 2 times a day, swallow with warm water.
(2) Dry and ground eggplant leaf tiles, 6 grams each time, 2 times a day. Swallow the rice soup.
(3) 60 grams of Eclipta prostrata, decoction instead of tea.
(4) 15 grams of Diyu charcoal, 12 grams of Sophora japonica charcoal, 12 grams of madder charcoal, 30 grams of Chixiaodou, 10 grams of wind-breaking charcoal, 10 grams of rhubarb charcoal, and 10 grams of cork, 1 dose a day, divided into 2 times, and decocted. It is used for those with accumulated heat and dampness in the intestines, red and turbid blood, bitter mouth, thick yellow tongue coating, and poor stool.
(5) 30 grams of stove heart soil, 10 grams of Codonopsis, 10 grams of Jiaobaizhu, 10 grams of ginger charcoal, 10 grams of cohosh charcoal, 12 grams of fried Qi, 9 grams of donkey-hide gelatin (separately), 6 grams of licorice, 1 stick per day , Decocted in 2 times. For those with weak spleen, pale complexion, and fatigue.
Diagnosis of blood in stool
How is blood in the stool diagnosed?
(1) The color of stool. If the color is tarry or black stool, the blood is mostly from the upper digestive tract, but if the patient takes pig blood, Chinese medicine, etc., the stool may be black; if the color is dark purple and mixed with mucus, the stool will be more frequent. It is more common in chronic colitis, and rectal cancer should also be thought of; if the blood is bright red, it is mostly from the lower digestive tract, but if a large amount of upper gastrointestinal bleeding is quickly discharged from the anus, and the residence time in the intestine is very short, it may also Dark red blood in the stool appears.
(2) Children with blood in the stool mostly come from rectal polyps, which are characterized by no pain; the blood is bright red and does not mix with stool. Bloody stools with intussusception are often mucus bloody stools, which are jam-like.
(3) Hematochezia and pain, the most common is anal fissure, which is characterized by a small amount of blood attached to the surface of the stool. Stool is often accompanied by severe pain in the anus, which can last for several minutes or even several hours after defecation. Anal appearance examination It can be seen that there is an oval crack in the back, often combined with a small skin tag, called sentinel hemorrhoids.
Diagnosis of stool bleeding
1. To understand the occurrence and development of blood in the stool
Internal hemorrhoids and anal fissures often bleed after stool; chronic non-specific colitis, colon polyps, etc. often show repeated and intermittent small amounts of blood in the stool; middle and late (color) rectal malignancies can be continuous small amounts of blood in the stool.
2. Distinguish the characteristics of blood in the stool, bleeding pattern, color and amount of bleeding
Such as internal hemorrhoids bleeding in the form of drips or jets; anal fissures are blood attached to the surface of the stool or stained with toilet paper. The amount of bleeding is small. If there is more bleeding, the blood is stored in the intestinal cavity and may appear black, dark red or when discharged. Have blood clots
3. Pay attention to symptoms associated with blood in the stool
Such as proctitis, malignant transformation of the rectum, blood in the stool is often accompanied by anal fall, tenesmus; internal hemorrhoids, polyps, blood in the stool without anal pain; anal fissures, accompanied by anal pain and constipation; chronic colitis often accompanied by diarrhea, left lower abdominal pain; hemorrhagic necrosis Colitis and intussusception accompanied by severe abdominal pain.
How to identify blood in the stool?
1. The color of stool. If the color is tarry or black stool, the blood mostly comes from the upper digestive tract, but if the patient takes pig blood, Chinese medicine, etc., the stool may be black; if it is purple, mixed with mucus and smells, it should be thought of a rectum The possibility of malignant transformation; if the blood is bright red, it mostly comes from the lower digestive tract.
2. From the perspective of age, the blood in the stool of children mostly comes from rectal polyps, which is characterized by no pain; the blood is bright red and does not mix with the stool. Bloody stools with intussusception are often mucus bloody stools, which are jam-like. The child has severe paroxysmal abdominal pain, and sometimes an intussusceptible mass can be palpable in the abdomen.
Rectal polyps have bright red blood in the stool, a large amount, and are more common in young adults. Rectal polyps with long pedicles and low positions can protrude outside the anus. The blood in the stool of ulcerative colitis is a mucous bloody stool, often accompanied by lower abdominal and left lower abdominal pain. Colonoscopy and X-ray barium enema can confirm the diagnosis.
How to check blood in stool
Different situation, different development
Internal hemorrhoids and anal fissures often bleed after stool; chronic non-specific colitis, colonic diverticulum, amoebic dysentery, colonic polyposis, etc. often show repeated and intermittent small amounts of blood in the stool; middle and late colorectal malignancies can be continuous small amounts of blood in the stool.
Different blood in the stool, different diseases
Adult blood in the stool is mostly internal hemorrhoids, anal fissure, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. Internal hemorrhoid bleeding is more common in men, and anal fissure bleeding is more common in young women and constipation patients. Children with blood in the stool are mostly rectal polyps and intussusception. Familial polyposis occurs more often than in adolescence, and most of them are mucus and bloody stools. Hematochezia in middle-aged and elderly people should rule out the possibility of colorectal malignancy and colonic diverticulum.
What should I pay attention to in the diagnosis of blood in the stool?
1. Don't ask about age and gender
Adult blood in the stool is mostly internal hemorrhoids, anal fissure, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. Internal hemorrhoid bleeding is more common in men.
Anal fissure bleeding is more common in young women and patients with constipation. Children with blood in the stool are mostly rectal polyps and intussusception. Familial polyposis occurs more often than in adolescence, and most of them are mucus and bloody stools. Hematochezia in middle-aged and elderly people should rule out colorectal cancer and colonic diverticulum.
2. Avoid regardless of the characteristics of blood in the stool, bleeding pattern, color and bleeding volume.
Internal hemorrhoid bleeding is spot-like or jet-like; anal fissure is blood attached to the surface of feces or stained with toilet paper, and the amount of bleeding is small. If there is more bleeding, the blood is stored in the intestinal cavity, and it may appear black, dark red or some Blood clot.
3. Don't ask about the occurrence and development of blood in the stool
Internal hemorrhoids and anal fissures often bleed after stool; chronic non-specific colitis, colonic diverticulum, amoebic dysentery, colon polyposis, etc. often show repeated and intermittent small amounts of blood in the stool; advanced colorectal cancer may be persistent small amounts of blood in the stool.
4. Avoid not considering accompanying symptoms
Such as dysentery, rectal inflammation, rectal cancer, etc., blood in the stool is often accompanied by anal fall, tenesmus; internal hemorrhoids, polyps and blood in the stool have no anal pain; anal fissures are accompanied by anal pain and constipation; blood in the stool caused by anorectal injury has a recent history of injection or surgery ; Chronic non-specific colitis often accompanied by diarrhea and left lower abdominal pain; hemorrhagic necrotizing colitis, intussusception accompanied by severe abdominal pain; bacillary dysentery, epidemic hemorrhagic fever, leptospirosis, amoebic enteropathy She had a rapid onset, accompanied by fever and abdominal pain.
Inquiry about the diagnosis of blood in the stool
1. Date of blood in the stool, how many days did the blood in the stool last?
2. If it is intermittent blood in the stool, how many times have there been blood in the stool? How long is the interval?
3. What is the color of the blood in the stool, tarry stool? Bright red? Or dark red?
4. What is the approximate blood volume per stool?
5. Understand the relationship between blood and stool. Is the blood covering the surface of the formed stool or mixed with the stool?
6. Does blood in the stool appear after every bowel movement? Is it dripping blood? Or spray?
Seven, blood in the stool. Is there any stool of normal color afterwards?
8. Is there a mixture of mucus? Are there pus and blood in the stool? Is it more pus or blood?
9. Are there any feelings of falling and abdominal pain before the blood in the stool? Where is the abdominal pain? Is there any difficulty in defecation?
10. Is there habitual constipation? Is there any relationship between blood in the stool and hardened stool?
11. In recent months, has there been weight loss and appetite loss? Is there any diarrhea or diarrhea, constipation alternate?
12. Are there any patients with colon polyps or colon cancer (rectal cancer) among the patient's parents and brothers?
13. Does the patient have hemorrhoids? Is there a history of hemorrhoids in the stool?
14. Does the patient have symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, palpitation, pale complexion, rapid or slow pulse?
15. Does the patient have a history of stomach pain and ulcers?
Diagnosis of minor blood in the stool
(1) For ulcerative colitis, colitis with clear causes such as bacillary dysentery and amoba colitis must be excluded first.
(2) With typical clinical manifestations such as recurrent diarrhea, abdominal pain, mucus, and pus, at least one of the characteristic changes of colonoscopy "X-rays".
(3) The clinical manifestations are atypical, but there are typical colonoscopy or X-ray manifestations or histological manifestations of mucosal biopsy.
Diagnosis of true and false blood in the stool
Sometimes because of eating certain foods and medicines, stools will become discolored. If you take iron, carbon powder, bismuth, Chinese herbal medicine, or eat pig liver, animal blood, tomatoes, beets and other foods, it will turn dark brown, black or red. Sometimes bleeding in the mouth or nose can cause stool color changes after swallowing. These are pseudo blood in the stool, and the "blood in the stool" will disappear after stopping the drug and food.
If children have black, dark red, jam-like or red bean soup-like stool, it may be bleeding in the esophagus, stomach, and intestines. If the intestinal wall around the anus is damaged and bleeding, it will appear as fresh blood adhering to the surface of the formed stool. There are also blood in the stool in children, and often have symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, vomiting, and systemic bleeding.
Diagnosis measures for blood in stool in patients with various diseases
(1) Stool examination is a routine item for examination of blood in the stool for liver disease: sometimes it can help diagnose the cause.
(2) Blood routine: the decrease of hemoglobin and red blood cell count can reflect blood loss; the increase of white blood cell count and the presence of poisoned particles or vacuoles indicate infection.
(3) Examination of blood non-protein nitrogen or urea nitrogen can indicate the presence or absence of uremia.
(4) Hematochezia in liver disease also includes liver function tests and jaundice index: abnormalities may indicate liver disease.
(5) Urine routine test: If the protein is positive and there are red blood cells or casts under microscope, it indicates hemolysis-uremic syndrome, uremia, etc.
(6) X-ray examination is a relatively common liver disease examination item for blood in the stool: more than half of the cases can be used to determine the location of blood in the stool with the help of x-ray examination. Barium meal examination (need to be stabilized after shock or acute bleeding) can help confirm the diagnosis. When considering lower gastrointestinal bleeding, barium enema can also be performed during stable bleeding. For those who have repeated blood in the stool without identifying the bleeding site or persistent bleeding, angiography is helpful for diagnosis, such as selective angiography.
1. In the early stage after hematochezia, hemoglobin, red blood cell count, etc. may not change significantly, but when the isotonic fluid is added and the blood volume is expanded, the red blood cell count, hemoglobin and hematocrit measurement help to determine the amount of blood loss.
The degree of blood urea nitrogen increase is also conducive to the judgment of the amount of bleeding (called intestinal urea nitrogen increase).
2. The red blood cell count, hemoglobin and hematocrit no longer decrease progressively, or the blood urea nitrogen drops to normal, all indicating that the bleeding has stopped.
3. Abdominal B-mode ultrasound or CT, MRI examinations have auxiliary diagnostic value for middle and advanced colon cancer. If there is swollen lymph nodes in the abdominal cavity or retroperitoneum, it has reference value for the diagnosis of intestinal tuberculosis, lymphoma and other diseases.
4. In selective angiography for blood in the stool, selective intubation of superior and inferior mesenteric arteries can clarify the site of bleeding and help diagnose diseases such as vascular malformations. Therefore, it is clear for patients with unexplained blood in the stool For bleeding site or cause, selective angiography is an indispensable examination.
5. Wireless capsule endoscope (wireless capsule endoscope) examination "In recent years, wireless capsule endoscope (also known as capsule endoscope) examination has begun to be used in clinical practice. The examination is non-invasive and can be tolerated by patients without adverse reactions.
6. New type of push enteroscope (push enteroscope P.E) examination: There is a new type of push enteroscope (P.E) that has been used in clinical practice and can perform biopsy of lesions, which is said to be of great value in the diagnosis of difficult small bowel diseases. The new enteroscopy overcomes the shortcomings of the old enteroscopy, such as difficult operation and difficulty in passing through the junction of the duodenum and jejunum (flexible ligament), and therefore has a wider application prospect.
Does blood in the stool indicate different diseases?
1. Painless stool bleeding is common in:
1. Internal hemorrhoids are characterized by blood in the stool, which is bright red, dripping or jetting. Bleeding during or after defecation, due to hard feces rubbing the mucosa, or due to excessive force during defecation, the intravascular pressure increases, causing the rupture of the varicose veins and causing bleeding.
2. Rectal cancer Blood in the stool is characterized by dark red blood, often mixed with mucus attached to the surface of the stool, often accompanied by symptoms such as increased stool frequency and anal falling sensation.
3. Rectal polyps Rectal polyps blood in the stool is common in minors. It is fresh blood that is covered on the surface of the stool and does not mix with it. The pedunculated polyp at the lower part of the rectum can protrude outside the anus during defecation.
2. Painful stool bleeding is common in:
1. Anal fissure Anal fissure blood in the stool is characterized by tearing or knife-like pain during defecation, and the pain after defecation often lasts for tens of minutes or hours.
2. Inflammation of external hemorrhoids Inflammation of external hemorrhoids, blood in the stool, conscious swelling in the anus, pain, swelling of the anus, and a small amount of blood when wiping the paper after defecation. Conservative treatment is the same as anal fissure bathing method, but surgery is best.
3. Anal Canal Cancer Patients who have anal canal cancer can find harder lumps in the anus, which may be painless in the early stage, and pain and blood in the stool in the late stage. The best treatment for anal cancer is surgery.
4. Anal abscess or anal foreign body When a pustule ruptures around the anus or a foreign body such as a fishbone stuck in the anus, it can cause infection, accompanied by pain and blood in the stool. At this time, surgery must be done to relieve symptoms.
Check items for patients with blood in the stool
1. Digital anal examination.
Digital rectal examination is a reliable and simple method for timely detection of rectal cancer.
Determine whether the hemorrhoidal mucosa has bleeding spots or bleeding tendency.
3. Abdominal examination.
Ulcerative colitis can touch a sausage-shaped mass in the lower left abdomen, a thickened colon for contracture.
4. Laboratory inspection and analysis.
(1) Stool examination: People who are suspected of having infectious bowel disease should perform fecal bacterial culture to find pathogenic bacteria, so as to select antibacterial drugs against pathogenic bacteria.
(2) Blood and bone marrow examination should be done with platelet count, blood coagulation mechanism and bone marrow smear.
(3) Fiber colonoscopy has a high diagnostic rate for the lesions on the mucosal surface of the intestinal cavity.
New technology for checking blood in stool
1. (Korea Dr.camscope electronic anorectal imaging inspection system) At present, it is internationally recognized as an excellent anorectal imaging inspection system. It can collect images of deep lesions inside the anorectal, so that both doctors and patients can understand the condition clearly, accurately and intuitively.
2. (Olympus Electronic Colonoscopy) The world's leader in similar gastrointestinal endoscopy equipment, known as the "smart electronic gastrointestinal endoscopy", this system has the characteristics of high resolution and high definition, which can make patients focus Part of the image is displayed most clearly on the computer screen. The lens body is extremely tough and has a small diameter. The lens can be used for inspection and treatment from multiple angles and directions. The brand-new, highly intelligent computer workstation can perform random tracing, which is convenient for lesion comparison, query, and consultation. It plays a decisive role in the diagnosis and treatment of gastritis, ulcer disease, gastrointestinal bleeding, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, colorectal polyps, various enteritis and other diseases.
Outpatient clinic you should see
Anorectal Surgery: Patients who have bright red blood after defecation, or discharge bright red blood, and generally do not have severe abdominal pain, should go to anorectal surgery.
·General surgery: Patients with blood in the stool, severe abdominal pain or even shock should be referred for general surgery.
·Intestinal Clinic: Patients with acute onset and discharge of pus and blood should go to the intestinal clinic.
Gastroenterology: Patients who have black stools, dark red bloody stools, or have a history of chronic colitis, and often discharge bright red bloody stools, should go to Gastroenterology.
Hematology department: Those who have blood in the stool with a tendency to hemorrhage all over the body should be referred to the department of hematology for further examination.
·Nephrology: If you have a history of nephritis and have blood in the stool, you should go to the Department of Nephrology.
· Department of Infectious Diseases: Patients with blood in the stool after fever and life history in the epidemic area should be referred to the Department of Infectious Diseases.
1. Contraindications for hemostasis treatment: Hemostasis is first considered in the treatment of hemorrhage in the stool, but hemostasis is not to blindly use systemic hemostatic drugs. Clinically, different hemostatic measures should be taken according to the cause, location, amount and speed of bleeding.
2. Contraindications for treatment of hemorrhoid bleeding: intermittent blood in the stool such as anal fissure, internal hemorrhoids, rectal polyps, etc., which have a slow onset and a small amount, the local application of cooling blood hemostatic drugs is better. When the amount of bleeding is large and the patient is unwilling to undergo surgery, hemostatic drugs can be used in conjunction with the systemic administration.
3. Contraindications for the treatment of infectious bowel disease: mucus, bloody stools, pus and bloody stools caused by chronic infectious bowel disease should be treated with comprehensive treatment for bowel disease. The bleeding cannot be simply stopped, otherwise the symptoms will not be cured, the inflammation will not be eliminated, and the symptoms will not be relieved .
4. Contraindications for postoperative injury treatment: primary or secondary hemorrhage after anorectal surgery, large amount, or massive hemorrhage, if the condition is urgent, local hemostatic measures should be taken immediately to find the bleeding point, ligation or compression to stop the bleeding, and at the same time With systemic application of hemostatic drugs, local and systemic treatments are performed simultaneously.
5. Contraindications for the treatment of hematological diseases: hemorrhage in the stool caused by hematological diseases should be used for systemic hemostasis, with large doses, and local hemostatic treatment.
6. The treatment of peptic ulcer bleeding is contraindicated in the treatment of gastrointestinal hemorrhage. Those who cannot find the bleeding focus under the existing examination conditions should stop the bleeding in time. Black blood in the stool caused by upper gastrointestinal ulcers, in addition to routine hemostasis, must be acid-resistant to treat ulcers.
7. Treatment taboos for patients with cardio-cerebral artery embolism: When patients with cardio-cerebral arteriosclerosis and cerebral embolism have hematochezia, the application of hemostatic drugs must be timely and appropriate to avoid excessive hemostasis aggravating heart and brain diseases.
8. Syndrome differentiation and treatment taboos: the treatment of blood in the stool should distinguish between cold and heat deficiency and excess, such as stool dripping or jet-like bleeding, blood is bright red, red tongue, thin white or thin yellow coating, floating pulse, it is blood under intestinal wind, treatment should be cooling blood To dispel wind and stop bleeding, add or subtract Liangxue Dihuang Decoction as a prescription; the stool is fresh and bloody, the volume is large, the mass in the anus is prolapsed, the anus is burning, or the stool is pus and blood, the anus falls, the lower abdomen pain, thin yellow coating, pulse string number, card It belongs to damp-heat betting, the treatment should be used to clear heat, dry dampness and stop bleeding, and choose the addition and subtraction of Zanglian Pill
How to deal with blood in the stool?
First of all, after bowel movements, immediately take a bath or sit bath to clean the buttocks.
Second, find a clean gauze pad to lie down under the hips for a while.
Third, when bleeding is prolonged, start the hip to a position higher than the heart, so that it is easy to stop the bleeding, that is, use a pillow to raise the waist and rest.
Fourth, internal hemorrhoids are easy to bleed, but it is also easy to stop the bleeding. After lying down and resting for a while, the blood will stop.
Finally, go to the hospital as soon as possible after the bleeding stops, because it may also be caused by other diseases.
1. Do not squat on the toilet for too long. It is best not to sit on the toilet for more than 5 minutes at a time, especially not reading a book while sitting on the toilet. This is an extremely unhygienic habit.
2. When you have finished your bowel movement, your responsibility is not over yet. It is important to clean the anus gently. Some toilet papers are rough, and some contain harsh chemicals. Colorless (white) and odorless toilet paper should be used. It is best to install a body cleaner at home, and rinse with warm water after every bowel movement, which is of great benefit to your hemorrhoids.
3. Don’t sit still for a long time. Don’t sit still in a chair for several hours. Even if you have to, get up and move for at least 5 minutes every hour.
1. Avoid tobacco, alcohol and irritants. Tobacco, alcohol or irritating food can aggravate intestinal mucosal congestion and edema, and aggravate blood in the stool. Therefore, patients with blood in the stool should avoid tobacco and alcohol during treatment, and eat light and digestible foods.
2. Daily conditioning. Patients with blood in the stool should pay attention to rest and avoid strenuous activities. Those with heavier stools should stay in bed, eat liquid food or a diet with less residue, and fast when necessary to reduce irritation to the digestive tract.
3. Avoid using blood-activating medicine. Patients with hematochezia should avoid using blood-activating medicines during treatment to avoid bleeding. In addition, some patients with high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, and embolism take blood-activating drugs for removing blood stasis, such as Danshen tablets, aspirin, and certain anticoagulants. When blood in the stool occurs, the blood-activating and anticoagulant drugs should be temporarily used, otherwise the hemostatic effect will be poor .
Many patients find that the symptoms of blood in the stool are often not alone, but often accompanied by various other complications. If not treated in time, it will bring more pain to the patient and increase the difficulty of the treatment of blood in the stool. So what are the common complications of blood in the stool?
1. Abdominal pain
(1) Bloody stools or pus-blooded stools when lower abdominal pain occurs, and those who relieve abdominal pain after stool are more common in diseases such as bacillary dysentery, ulcerative colitis, and amoebic dysentery.
(2) If you are an elderly person with a history of hypertension, coronary atherosclerosis, diabetes, and blood in the stool after abdominal pain, you should consider the possibility of ischemic bowel disease.
(3) Chronic recurrent upper abdominal pain, periodic and rhythmic, and pain relief after bleeding, is seen in peptic ulcer.
(4) Patients with epigastric colic or jaundice with blood in the stool should consider hepatic and biliary bleeding.
(5) Abdominal pain with blood in the stool is also seen in acute hemorrhagic necrotizing enteritis, intussusception, mesenteric thrombosis or embolism.
2. Tensile and heavy
A feeling of heavy anus fall, which seems to be poor defecation and frequent defecation, but the amount of blood in each stool is very small, and there is no ease after defecation, which indicates anal and rectal disease, which is seen in dysentery, ulcerative colitis and rectal cancer.
Hematochezia with fever is common in infectious diseases or malignant tumors, such as sepsis, epidemic hemorrhagic fever, leptospirosis, gastric cancer, colon cancer, etc.
4. Tendency to bleeding throughout the body
Hematochezia with skin and mucous membrane bleeding can be seen in acute infectious diseases and blood diseases, such as leukemia, thrombocytopenic purpura or allergic purpura, hemophilia, etc.
5. Skin changes
For those with spider veins and liver palms, blood in the stool may be related to portal hypertension. Clusters of small purple or bright red capillaries appear on the skin and mucous membranes, suggesting that blood in the stool may be caused by hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia.
6. Abdominal lumps, blood in the stool with abdominal lumps
Colon cancer, intestinal tuberculosis, intussusception, Crohn's disease, and benign and malignant tumors of the small intestine should be considered.
What to do with blood in the stool and abdominal pain
It is best to have an electron microscope enteroscopy, go to a regular anorectal specialist hospital to check and confirm the diagnosis, and then treat it symptomatically. Don't believe in advertisements or remedies.
Usually pay attention to develop good living habits to prevent the occurrence of anorectal diseases.
1. The diet should be light, eat less spicy, fried, fried, spirits and other indigestible and irritating foods, eat more fruits, vegetables and fibrous foods, drink more water, especially bananas, honey and other laxative foods.
2. Do not stand for a long time, increase exercise appropriately, especially the levator ani exercise.
3. Defecate regularly every day (if you have no defecation, you should go to the toilet regularly to do defecation conditioning reflex training), and the time for each defecation should not be too long, and it is appropriate to take about 5 minutes.
4. Sit bath fumigation before and after defecation to keep anus clean.
5. Drink a cup of warm salt water or cool boiled water every morning when you get up to promote bowel movements.
6. If the stool is dry, you can take appropriate intestinal and laxative drugs, such as: non-gluten, do not use laxatives, detoxification drugs, aloe capsules, etc., long-term use will not only aggravate constipation but also cause drug dependence .
These good habits in life should be cultivated even if there is no anorectal disease, because most anorectal diseases are caused by bad habits.
In today's life, more and more diseases plague people. Many people have diarrhea and blood in the stool. They are very worried and don't know what to do. This is because they don't understand the related knowledge of diarrhea and blood in the stool, and they don't know what diarrhea blood in the stool is about, what symptoms can cause diarrhea and blood in the stool, etc.
The etiology of enteritis is very complicated, which can easily lead to intestinal ulceration, leading to intestinal perforation, high mortality, and some cancerous changes, leaving lifelong regrets.
Treatment of various blood in the stool
1. Hemorrhoids and blood in the stool
If the blood in the stool is found to be caused by hemorrhoids through the instrument, anorectal hospital experts pointed out: Early hemorrhoids in the stool can be cured by drugs, but patients with moderate to severe hemorrhoids in the stool are best treated by surgery. Traditional surgical treatments usually require hospitalization for 20-30 days, and patients Defects with longer duration of pain and heavier pain. The new American technology has benefited patients with painlessness, no hospitalization, and low recurrence rate.
Minimally invasive technique 1: The principle of HCPT is that when the hemorrhoids are clamped by the high-frequency treatment clamp, the electric forceps quickly evaporate the water in the hemorrhoid tissue, and the electrical impedance of the biological tissue changes from small to large. When the electrical impedance matches the output impedance of the instrument (tissue dry and carbonization) ) The instrument automatically buzzes to prompt to achieve the therapeutic effect, which solves the current technical problem of artificial time setting. The inspection system is controlled by a computer. The image is clear and accurate. The image can be frozen, stored, played back, zoomed in and analyzed, and measured and calculated. . And it can compare before and after treatment. The powerful case management system has the function of querying and statistics of case data images.
Applicable scope and characteristics: It is clinically suitable for the examination and treatment of various anorectal diseases such as internal hemorrhoids, external hemorrhoids, mixed hemorrhoids, anal fistula, anal fissure, perianal abscess and polyps, fibroids, etc. It has simple operation, short treatment time, and automatic alarm after treatment. , No charring, good blood vessel closure, no bleeding during and after operation, less pain for patients, etc.
Minimally invasive technique 2: The surgical mechanism of PPH is the traditional method of treatment of internal hemorrhoids, including sclerosing agent injection, rubber band ligation and various forms of surgical resection, etc., which are aimed at the treatment of hemorrhoids themselves, aiming to shrink or disappear the hemorrhoids.
Minimally Invasive Surgery III: DNR plasma low-temperature minimally invasive treatment is to use a low-temperature plasma treatment head to perform tissue coagulation and resection of the lesion at a low temperature of about 40℃～70℃. It does not damage normal tissues, quickly blocks blood supply to hemorrhoids or reduces venous backflow, so that hemorrhoids shrink quickly. DNR low-temperature plasma surgery, with less pain, less radiation, less bleeding, fast healing, and one-time treatment, is highly regarded in the industry.
2. Anal fissure blood in the stool
HCPT minimally invasive surgery effectively treats anal fissures. It uses the principle of high-frequency capacitance field heat generation, enters the anus through the rectal fiberscope, and directly performs minimally invasive electrocoagulation on the anal canal fissure through the monitor, so that the anal canal fissure is dry and closed. It has been clinically verified that this technology has a good effect on the treatment of anal fissure, and has the advantages of no pain, no hospitalization, and short operation time. It is the best method for treating anal fissure so far.
3. Rectal cancer with blood in the stool
The blood in the stool in the early stage of rectal cancer is often mistaken for hemorrhoids and it is ignored. Therefore, it is important to improve the awareness of prevention of anorectal diseases.
Acupuncture treatment of blood in the stool
1. Bowel wind
Symptoms: blood in the stool, bright red and clear blood, no swelling and pain in the anus, mostly near blood, red tongue, yellow coating, floating pulse.
Acupuncture: main points, Quchi, Shangjuxu, Chengshan. Match points, Hegu, Changqiang.
2. Dirty poison
Symptoms: Blood in the stool, dark purple and turbid blood, swelling and pain in the anus, greasy or yellowish tongue coating, slippery pulse.
Acupuncture: main points, Dachangshu, Tianshu, Shangjuxu, Chengshan. Matching points, sea of blood, Yinling Spring.
3. Spleen deficiency and blood in the stool
Symptoms: Faint complexion, dizziness, normal stool, painless anus, frequent lower blood, not fresh blood, pale tongue, pale tongue, heavy pulse.
Acupuncture: main points, Pishu, Taibai, Zusanli. With points, Qihai, Baihui.
In the past, there was no anorectal disease with sudden blood in the stool, or a small amount of dark red and cloudy blood in the stool, which did not heal for a long time; or the blood in the stool contained necrotic and corrupt tissues and thick secretions. The patient should not be negligent and should go to the hospital for examination. For fear of pain caused by bowel movements, they endure bowel movements, which will cause constipation, endogenous heat toxins, and aggravate blood in the stool. Unmarried young women must pay attention to rest during menstruation, and pay attention to the cleanliness of the genitals, otherwise it is easy to cause inflammation of the anal mucosa and rupture and bleeding.
What to do with blood in the stool caused by enteritis
Diet and nutrition: Generally, it can be supplemented by oral or injection. The use of traditional Chinese medicine for replenishing qi and spleen, nourishing blood and nourishing kidney can also increase physical fitness and supplement nutrition, but do not overdo it, use dialectical medicine. People with chronic diarrhea should supplement calcium, magnesium, zinc and other trace elements. Because enteritis cannot be stimulated, you must pay attention to your diet.
Pay attention to rest and adjust the time to work and rest: Rest is of great benefit to the patient’s recovery, especially for patients in the active period, full rest should be emphasized, because a quiet and comfortable rest environment can reduce the burden on the patient’s mental and physical strength, especially before going to bed. To ensure sleep effect, take sedatives when necessary.
Correction of water and electrolyte balance disorders: Severe patients have symptoms of water and salt metabolism disorder and hypokalemia due to a large number of diarrhea, fever, and hypokalemia. Especially when treated with a large amount of hormones, urine potassium excretion increases, which is more likely to lead to hypokalemia. Hypokalemia can induce toxic intestinal dilatation. Therefore, patients should take medication under the guidance of a doctor, and pay more attention to post-drug reactions.
Five treatment principles for blood in the stool
1. General treatment measures Patients with hemorrhagic shock should rest in bed, lie down on the pillow, and give oxygen.
2. Supplement blood volume People who have large blood volume in the stool, obvious anemia, or shock, should actively supplement blood volume.
3. Application of hemostatic drugs
(1) 6% to 8% norepinephrine (norepinephrine) solution repeated enema or repeated enema with ice salt water (not suitable in winter) can not only stop bleeding, but also clean the intestines. So as to prepare for colonoscopy.
(2) Chinese herbal medicines such as thrombin or Baiyao or Baiyao powder are dissolved in normal saline enema, and sometimes they can play a hemostatic effect.
(3) Give conventional hemostatic drugs intravenously, such as sulfacetamide (hemostatic sensitivity), vitamin K1, aminomethylbenzoic acid (antifibrinolytic acid), 6-aminocaproic acid or hemagglutinin (restating).
(4) Cryoprecipitate (containing various coagulation factors) or platelets and other coagulation components can be infused.
(5) During selective (or super-selective) angiography of the superior or inferior mesenteric artery, if a bleeding site is found, psituitrin or terlipressin can be used to inject into the bleeding vessel, and the effective hemostasis rate can reach 80% ~90% or more.
4. Actively identify the bleeding site or cause (1) Selective angiography of the superior and inferior mesenteric arteries: This examination can be performed during the bleeding process.
(2) Colonoscopy: Colonoscopy can be performed after basic hemostasis, which has diagnostic value for the whole colon (including the ileocecal and terminal ileum) and rectal diseases.
(3) X-ray barium examination: Barium enterography or barium enema can be performed after the bleeding stops, which can assist in discovering a variety of primary diseases that cause bleeding.
(4) Capsule endoscopy or new type enteroscopy can be performed for difficult cases to confirm the diagnosis as soon as possible.
5. Surgical treatment For a small number of patients who cannot stop bleeding or confirm the diagnosis after the above-mentioned examinations and treatments, surgical exploration is feasible.
Seven therapeutic methods for treating blood in the stool
Treatment of hemorrhoids and blood in stool with Sophora japonicus pig intestine
Put 30 grams of Sophora japonica flower into the 30 cm pig's large intestine, tie the two ends tightly, add water to boil the soup, add a little salt, drink the soup and eat the intestines, it can cure internal hemorrhoids, feces, ringworm, anal fissure, fecal induration and bleeding.
Lychee treatment of blood in the stool
Take 6 lychees, 6 walnuts, 6 red dates, 9 grams of tea, add water and decoction as a tea drink, can cure non-hemorrhoid blood in the stool.
Banana peel to treat hemorrhoids with blood in the stool
Cook the banana peel and eat it, which can cure hemorrhoids and blood in the stool.
Cockscomb treatment of blood in the stool
Take 30 grams of white celosia, add 750 grams of water, fry the remaining 300 grams, remove the slag and get the juice, beat in 1 egg, add appropriate amount of sugar after cooking, take it once a day for 1 week, it can cure the stool dizzy.
Method for treating blood in stool with gray daylily with fungus hair
Take 30 grams of dried day lily and 15 grams of white fungus, decoct them into a bowl of water, add 6 grams of hair gray, and take it to treat fresh ringworm and congestion in stool.
Tofu residue treatment of blood in the stool
Fry the tofu dregs and grind them into fine pieces, and take them with brown sugar water, 6-9 grams each time, 2 times a day, which can cure long-term unhealed stool blood.
Bitter melon cures blood in stool
Decoction with 120 grams of fresh bitter gourd root in water can cure blood in the stool.
1. Diet therapy
(1) Purslane Mung Bean Soup: 120 grams of fresh purslane (30 grams dried), 60 grams of mung beans, a total decoction and appropriate amount of brown sugar. Suitable for intestinal damp heat and blood in the stool.
(2) Fotan mother tea: 30 grams of Fotan mother, 10 grams of green tea, decoction together, and seasoned with sugar. Suitable for intestinal damp heat and blood in the stool.
(3) Astragalus panax notoginseng boiled lean meat: Astragalus 30 grams, Panax notoginseng 10 grams, 5 jujubes,
150 grams of lean pork, boil the soup and season with salt. It is suitable for blood in the stool with deficiency of spleen and stomach.
(4) Rhubarb Sophora japonica honey drink: 4 grams of raw rhubarb, 30 grams of Sophora japonica, 15 grams of honey, 2 grams of green tea. Decoction of rhubarb Sophora japonica flowers, add honey when the water temperature is slightly cool. Can clear heat and cool blood. It is suitable for blood in the stool caused by patients with colorectal cancer, red blood, and blood in the stool after cancer surgery.
2. Preventive care
Blood in the stool should pay attention to rest to avoid fatigue. The diet should be soft and rotten with less residue, easy to digest, and less irritating. Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and spicy food.
Blood in the stool easily causes the body to lose a large amount of iron, causing iron deficiency anemia. Generally, the development is slow, and there may be no symptoms or mild symptoms in the early stage. When the anemia is severe, pale complexion, fatigue, and eating will appear.
Loss of desire, palpitations, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath after physical activity, edema, etc. Some patients may even have neurological symptoms such as irritability, excitement, and irritability. At the same time, blood in the stool is also an early signal of intestinal malignant tumors. Because the blood in the stool is similar to hemorrhoid bleeding, it is difficult for ordinary people to distinguish. In addition, some people do not pay enough attention to it, so that early malignant tumors are easily ignored and cause tragedy.
The hazards of postpartum blood in the stool
1. Long-term blood in the stool can cause iron deficiency anemia. Long-term blood in the stool can easily cause a large amount of iron to be lost in the patient's body, causing iron deficiency anemia.
Iron-deficiency anemia generally develops slowly. There may be no symptoms or mild symptoms in the early stage. When the anemia is severe, pale complexion, fatigue, loss of appetite, palpitations, rapid heart rate, and shortness of breath after physical activity, edema, etc., may occur in some patients. Nervous system symptoms such as irritability, excitement, irritability, etc. appear.
2. There are many diseases behind blood in the stool. Postpartum blood in the stool is a common symptom, and its appearance often indicates the appearance of some anorectal diseases. In many anorectal diseases, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal polyps, colon polyps, ulcerative colitis and even rectal cancer will all have blood in the stool.
After the appearance of postpartum blood in the stool, if we ignore its existence, we may directly ignore these serious diseases behind the blood in the stool and cause greater harm to the body.
Experts say that diarrhea and blood in the stool are mostly related to the rupture and bleeding of capillaries in the intestinal mucosa caused by inflammation of the intestines. Colonoscopy can detect these diseases.
Painless blood in the stool in women
Women have blood in the stool but no pain. It is recommended to take medicine under the guidance of a doctor.
Hemorrhoids are masses formed by the expansion and tortuousness of the upper and lower rectal venous plexus under the skin of the lower rectum and anal canal. When clinical symptoms such as prolapse or bleeding occur, they are called hemorrhoids. The formation of hemorrhoids is mainly due to increased abdominal pressure, which affects the blood circulation of the rectum and anal canal, and the blood return is blocked. Such as dry stool, increased stool frequency, long stool time, sedentary, abdominal malignant change, increased portal pressure in liver cirrhosis, long-term cough, chronic physical weakness, insufficient gas, drinking, eating spicy and hot foods, women's pregnancy, childbirth, etc.
Hemorrhoids can be divided into internal hemorrhoids, external hemorrhoids, and mixed hemorrhoids according to the location of the disease. According to different lesions, it is divided into three stages: its main manifestations are bleeding after stool, pain, prolapse of hemorrhoids, inflammation, edema, and incarceration.
(1) Develop the habit of defecation regularly, preferably in a thin paste state.
(2) Reduce posture that increases abdominal pressure, avoid sedentary, standing, walking and overwork.
(3) Avoid hot, greasy, rough, scumbag food, avoid tobacco, alcohol, and coffee.
(4) Eat a lot of heat, nourish and nourish the intestines, such as raw pear juice, lotus root juice, water chestnut juice, reed root juice, celery juice, carrot, white radish (cooked food), bitter gourd, eggplant, cucumber, spinach, golden needle, cabbage , Egg yolk, apple, fig, banana, black sesame, walnut meat, white fungus, etc.
(5) Be cheerful and not angry.
(6) Reduce intercourse. Excessive intercourse will congest the intestinal mucosa and increase bleeding.
1. Prevent anal infections; strengthen exercise.
2. Keep the stool smooth; develop a habit of defecation every day.
Three taboos in daily life of patients with blood in the stool
1. Avoid tobacco, alcohol and irritants.
2. Daily conditioning. Patients with blood in the stool should pay attention to rest and avoid strenuous activities.
3. Avoid using blood promoting medicine.
Precautions for patients with blood in the stool:
1. Vegetables containing fiber include greens, spinach, rape, potatoes, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers and so on. 2. Fruits include apple, pear, apricot, hawthorn, bayberry, tangerine, banana, etc.
3. Foods that contain fiber include rice, wheat, corn, etc.
4. Beans containing fiber include soybeans, adzuki beans, mung beans, broad beans, green beans, etc.
Daily care of enteritis with blood in the stool
1. Pay attention to food hygiene. 2. Avoid eating greasy food. 3. Avoid milk, goat's milk and a lot of cane sugar. 4. Avoid eating garlic raw. 5. Avoid blindly using antidiarrheal drugs. 6. Avoid eating high-fiber foods.
Daily care of hemorrhoids with blood in the stool
Exercise recuperation method. Proper exercise can reduce venous pressure, strengthen the function of the cardiovascular system, and eliminate constipation.
Drinking medicine conditioning method. You can use prickly nitrate and Chinese prickly ash in a ratio of 10:1 with boiling water for fumigation.
Food and daily nursing method. Regular life, defecate regularly every day, keep the stool smooth; wash the anus frequently, and keep it dry, and eat light.
Foods that are easy to digest, have a soft texture, are rich in cellulose, have the effect of moisturizing the intestines, and are cool in texture can be used. They are not suitable for spicy stimulation, greasy, frying, smoked roasting, heat stimulation, hair, tobacco and alcohol.
Prevent blood in the stool and get rid of these three bad habits
1. Standing or sitting for a long time.
2. People who drink for a long time or eat spicy food.
3. Read a book and newspaper when you go to the bathroom.
What are the causes of constipation and blood in the stool
(1) Bowel cancer. Including rectal cancer, sigmoid colon cancer, colon cancer, the main symptom is blood in the stool. Sigmoid colon cancer often manifests as constipation and diarrhea alternately, stool with blood, pus and mucus. Rectal cancer is stool with blood or pus or blood in the stool, or mucus and blood with bloody secretions in the stool.
(2) Intestinal polyps. Especially rectal polyps bleeding. Most people, because small polyps are only raised nodules in the intestinal mucosa, although polyps are formed in the intestinal mucosa, they have no symptoms. Due to fecal pressure and stimulation, ulcers, erosions and even bleeding are often present on the surface.
(3) Hemorrhoids. Patients suffering from hemorrhoids, because of pain in the anus during defecation, and because they are afraid of defecation, they often suppress the intention to defecate and gradually develop constipation, which in turn aggravates hemorrhoids to a certain extent. Dry stools can easily scratch the hemorrhoid mucosa during defecation, causing blood in the stool.
Painful blood in the stool is common in those diseases
1. Anal fissure is characterized by tearing or knife-like pain during defecation, and the pain after defecation often lasts for tens of minutes or several hours. It can be a drop of blood or blood on the paper towel. This disease is more common in lesbians. Treatment: Sit bath with hot water and apply Xiaozhi ointment; eat more vegetables and fruits to keep bowel movements smooth.
2. Inflammation of external hemorrhoids Consciously there is a swelling in the anus, pain, anal swelling, a small amount of blood when wiping the toilet paper after defecation. Conservative treatment is the same as before, and surgery is generally required.
3. Malignant transformation of anal canal You can find harder lumps in the anus, which may be painless in the early stage, and pain and blood in the stool in the late stage. The best method is surgical treatment.
4. Anal abscess or anal foreign body An ulcerated pustule around the anus or a foreign body such as a fishbone stuck in the anus mouth can cause pain and blood in the stool when it causes infection. Must be treated surgically.
What causes blood in the stool
Hemorrhoids: Blood in the stool occurs during or after defecation. It is painless and has a bright red color. The blood does not mix with the stool, and the amount of bleeding can be large or small.
Anal fissure: blood is bright red, dripping or rubbing blood with toilet paper, severe pain in the anus after a fresh anal fissure.
Gastrointestinal diseases: stools are tar-like or black-red, and the bleeding sites are mostly in the upper digestive tract; if the blood is red, it is mostly bleeding from lower digestive tract diseases.
Rectal cancer: blood in the stool is bright red, dripping on the surface of the stool; late stage accompanied by anorectal fall and body weight loss, increased stool frequency, constipation and diarrhea alternately.
Rectal and colonic polyps: bright red, painless, blood does not mix with stool.
Ulcerative colitis, dysentery: mostly mixed with mucus or pus and blood in the stool, accompanied by lower abdominal pain, fever, frequent stools and other symptoms.
Systemic diseases: such as leukemia, hemophilia, uremia, and some rare infectious diseases, blood in the stool, there will be bleeding in other parts of the body.
Blood in stool
Common causes of blood in the stool in children
1. Gastrointestinal diseases: esophageal varices, foreign bodies in the esophagus, ulcer disease, acute gastritis, gastric mucosal prolapse, intussusception, hemorrhagic necrotizing enteritis, strangulated intestinal obstruction, Mack’s ear suffocation, intestinal polyps, Anal fissure, etc.
2. Blood diseases: neonatal hemorrhagic disease, hemophilia, leukemia, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia and allergic purpura, etc.
3. Effects of food or drugs: Certain foods and drugs can also cause changes in stool color, which can sometimes be confused with blood in the stool.
4. Others: systemic infectious diseases, such as sepsis, typhoid fever, etc., swallowing of blood from the mother’s birth canal or ruptured nipple by the newborn, bleeding in the nose, pharynx, and gums, etc.
Surgical diseases that cause blood in the stool in children
In addition to medical diseases, the cause of blood in the stool in children may also be surgical diseases. The following briefly introduces the common surgical conditions that cause blood in the stool in children.
1. Rectal polyps. More common in children aged 3-6. Hematochezia is characterized by the appearance of fresh blood at the end of defecation, the amount is small, and it is not mixed with feces. Polyps usually grow on the mucous membrane of the intestinal wall, like a pedicled meat bump, usually the size of a soybean or a broad bean. Experienced doctors use fingers to perform rectal examination for sick children, and polyps can be felt. A low-position polyp can come out of the anus during defecation, just like a red ball. Single rectal polyps can be cured by manual removal. If there is more than one polyp (multiple), surgery should be performed.
2. Anal fissure. It is more common in infants around two years old. Blood in the stool is characterized by a little drip of blood in the anus. At the same time, it is accompanied by painful defecation. When the child relieves the stool, he will cry and become uneasy and the stool will be dry and hard. There are many reasons for anal fissure, such as congenital anal stenosis, tearing the anus when draining hard stool, and anal injury or infection. If anal fissure is not handled properly, anal fistula can occur. To treat anal fissure, it is generally necessary to clean the anus frequently, keep the perianal clean and apply lubricating drugs, and eat more oily and digestible foods.
3. Acute intussusception. It is more common within two years of age, especially in infants of 4-10 months. Blood in the stool is characterized by jam-like stools. The sick child caused paroxysmal crying and vomiting due to abdominal pain. The doctor can feel the mass on the abdomen. Children in the early stage of intussusception usually use air enema for reduction treatment; if the disease is in the late stage, surgery is required.
4. Meckel's diverticulum (formerly known as Meckel's diverticulum) This is a congenital intestinal malformation. It is a sac formed on the intestinal wall due to abnormal development. It is more common in children under two years of age. Hematochezia is characterized by sudden large amounts of blood in the stool, first black and then red. The diverticulum is located at the end of the ileum. Because it may contain ectopic gastric motor membrane or pancreatic tissue, ulcer bleeding may occur. If the amount of bleeding is heavy, it can cause shock, and repeated blood in the stool can cause anemia. Using isotope scanning, the disease can be diagnosed. Surgical treatment is appropriate for Meckel's diverticulum.
5. Acute necrotizing enteritis. Blood in the stool is characterized by red bean soup, watery meat washing, fishy smell, and symptoms such as high fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. Shock may occur in severe cases. Routine blood examination revealed a significant increase in white blood cells.
6. Other diseases such as peptic ulcer, intestinal malrotation and repeated malformations, gastroesophageal reflux, hiatal hernia, portal hypertension and other diseases can cause gastrointestinal bleeding and blood in the stool.
Classification of blood in the stool in children
According to the amount of bleeding can be divided into:
Occult blood: a little gastrointestinal bleeding that cannot be seen or distinguished by the naked eye and can be determined by laboratory tests.
A small amount of blood in the stool: Only a small amount of blood in the stool is discharged from the anus, or a small amount of blood in the underwear is stained.
A large amount of blood in the stool: a large amount of blood in the stool in a short period of time, the bleeding exceeds 15% to 25% of the total body blood volume within 24 hours.
According to the bleeding color can be divided into:
Fresh bloody stools: the bright red color is mostly bleeding near the anus and acute massive bleeding.
Old bloody stool: dark red color mixed with blood clots, mostly intestinal bleeding far from the anus.
Jam-like bloody stools: dark red mixed with mucus, bloody stools typical of acute intussusception in children.
Black stool: slow bleeding from the small intestine or stomach.
According to the cause of bleeding, it can be divided into:
Systemic diseases: such as bleeding diseases, infections, allergic purpura, vitamin K deficiency, etc.
Intestinal diseases: small intestine: acute intussusception, intestinal obstruction, etc. Colon: Colon polyps, ulcerative colitis, etc. Anus: Anal fissure, internal and external hemorrhoids, etc.
Blood in the stool in children
The appearance of blood in the stool in children can be mixed or unmixed with blood and stool, and can be manifested as bright red, pink, dark red, and black stool (obvious bloody stool); some of the stools are normal in color, and stool is detected during stool testing. With blood, it is medically called fecal occult blood positive (occult bloody stool).
Hematochezia in children can occur at any age from birth to adulthood, and its causes are more common in intestinal polyps and congenital intestinal malformations.
Blood in the stool during menstruation
Some women have this symptom. Every time before menstruation or menstrual period, there will be symptoms of blood in the stool, but the blood in the stool gradually stops after menstruation. This happens every month and repeats. This situation is called menstrual blood in the stool. .
Blood in stool
Also called error or error. This symptom can be seen in what western medicine calls endometriosis. If you have hemorrhoids or ulcerative colitis, you may occasionally have blood in your stool during menstruation, but it is not necessary every month and is not periodic, so it does not belong to the category of blood in the stool.
The most common syndrome type of blood in the stool is the gastrointestinal stagnation-heat syndrome. The reason for the formation of gastrointestinal stagnation and heat is mostly related to the daily addiction to spicy and hot food, or arbitrarily drinking alcohol, resulting in the accumulation of heat and evil. Blood in the stool usually occurs one or two days before menstruation, and the blood volume is large, and the blood color is deep red. Because the blood is lost to the back yin, the menstrual volume is reduced, the menstrual color is purple and the quality is sticky. It is also accompanied by flushing of cheeks, dry mouth and throat, dry stool, red tongue, yellow coating, slippery pulse, etc.
Causes of blood in the stool in women
(1) Anal disease
①Blood red and no pain are more common in internal hemorrhoids. Stage I hemorrhoids are characterized by blood. They often bleed due to the hemorrhoids being rubbed by the stool. The blood may be dripped, or a thread like an arrow, or only blood on the toilet paper; Stage II hemorrhoids have little or no bleeding in the stool and often protrude outside the anus.
② Anal fissure blood in the stool is often accompanied by anal pain and typical periodic pain after stool.
③Malignant transformation of the anal canal is mainly manifested as blood in the stool and pain, which aggravate before defecation.
(2) Rectal diseases
① The main symptom of rectal polyps is blood in the stool, which is intermittent, bright red in color, and generally small in quantity. This disease is common in children.
②The main manifestations of rectal malignant transformation are increased stool frequency, thinner stool, mucus and blood, with tenesmus or incomplete defecation, blood in the stool is bright red or dark red in the early stage, and the amount is not large. There is often foul-smelling mucus in late stool and weight loss. , Should be attached great importance.
③ Radiation proctitis may also have blood in the stool, but there should be a history of radiation therapy.
(3) Colon disease
①Colon polyps: a. Juvenile colon polyposis, the average age of onset is 6 years old, no family history, the main manifestation is blood in the stool, often accompanied by malnutrition, anemia, hypoproteinemia and growth retardation, and often accompanied by Congenital malformations, such as intestinal malrotation, umbilical hernia and brain edema; b. Familial juvenile polyposis of the colon: there is a family history, the symptoms are blood in the stool, rectal prolapse and growth retardation as common features; c. Cronknite? Canda Syndrome (CCS): It is hamartoma polyp syndrome, which develops in adults, with blood in the stool, often diarrhea, large stool volume, and may contain fat. It also includes abdominal pain, anorexia, fatigue, vomiting, libido and decreased taste . There are almost always nail changes, hair loss and pigmentation.
②Malignant transformation of the colon: It is common in the malignant transformation of the left colon. Most patients have intractable constipation, and occasionally increased stool frequency. When the malignant transformation swells and ruptures, the outside of the stool can be stained with blood or mucus, and even discharge pus.
(3) Chronic non-specific ulcerative colitis and bacillary dysentery: blood in the stool can be seen in both, and it is mostly discharged at the same time with mucus or pus, accompanied by abdominal pain.
(4) Amoebic dysentery: so that blood is the main symptom, the stool is red in sauce, mucus is much, and there is a foul smell.
(5) Hemorrhagic Escherichia coli enteritis: manifested as acute onset, accompanied by fever, diarrhea, may have a history of eating spoiled meat, often onset in the form of food poisoning.
Blood in the stool
Blood in the stool during confinement is common in hemorrhoids. There are the following processing methods:
1. Fumigation with potassium permanganate warm water before and after defecation, twice a day, 15 minutes each time.
2. Keep the stool unobstructed and not dry, and avoid spicy and greasy food.
3. Actively practice contraction of the anus to contract and relax the anus.
4. Stool regularly every day, cultivate stool reflex, stool time should not exceed 3 minutes, don't use excessive force.
Misunderstandings in the diagnosis of female blood in the stool
(1) Diseases such as dysplasia of the uterus, improper position or deformity may cause wrong menstruation.
(2) In the medicine of the motherland, there is a saying that people run away from the large intestine, menstrual blood goes wrong, or "blood before menstruation" or "blind sutra".
(3) Deficiency of the spleen cannot control the blood, deficiency of the liver cannot store blood, deficiency of the kidneys has no right to take in, and the blood in the uterus grows wrongly.
Blood in the stool
Hematochezia in middle-aged and elderly people, especially new ones, should be paid more attention than young people. This is because with age, malignant degeneration of the sigmoid colon and rectum (including benign and malignant) increases significantly. Sigmoid colon and rectal bleeding may suffer from the following diseases.
Hemorrhoids: When there are external hemorrhoids, small soft nodules can be felt in the anus, but not internal hemorrhoids.
Malignant transformation of the rectum and colon: These diseases have increased significantly in recent years, and the incidence has increased by 2 to 3 times. At the beginning of the disease, a small amount of blood can be seen covering the surface of the stool. As the disease progresses, the amount of blood in the stool gradually increases, and stool may become thinner, and even intestinal obstruction (not defecation, no gas, vomiting, abdominal mass, abdominal pain). Feces can have a special smell produced by pus mucus and malignant swollen tissue. When symptoms appear throughout the body, such as decreased appetite, weight loss, edema, anemia, etc., it is already in the advanced stage of disease.
Ulcerative colitis: The color is fresh or dark, and blood, pus, and mucus are mixed in almost every stool. Abdominal pain and diarrhea are often present, recurring or persistent.
Colorectal polyps: some are benign, and some are prone to malignant changes (such as adenomatous polyps, villous adenomas), the incidence of which increases with age, and can be single or multiple. The blood in the stool is often intermittent, and the blood is bright red. Generally, the blood volume is not much, and the blood does not mix with the stool. The stool itself has no special changes.
Colonic vascular dysplasia: It is more common in middle-aged and elderly people, the bleeding is mostly fresh blood, the amount of bleeding is more, and the stool itself is unchanged.
Elderly blood in stool needs to prevent rectal malignancy
Approximately 2/3 of patients with rectal malignant transformation consider themselves to be dysentery, chronic enteritis or hemorrhoids at the initial stage. In fact, it can still be distinguished with a little attention.
Dysentery generally has a history of acute attacks, fever, tenesmus, pus and blood in stool, and relief of abdominal pain after stool, and antibiotic treatment is effective. Rectal malignant transformation does not have the above-mentioned typical symptoms, and the feeling of falling anus does not relieve after going to the toilet, and antibiotic treatment is ineffective.
How to distinguish stool bleeding?
Blood in the stool is a common symptom in the anorectal department. Diseases such as hemorrhoids, colorectal cancer, anal fissure, rectal polyps, rectal cancer, lower gastrointestinal bleeding, etc., can all cause stool bleeding. Among these diseases, hemorrhoids are the most common.
Rectal polyps, lower gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcerative colitis, rectal hemangioma, diverticulosis, familial polyposis, etc., can also cause varying degrees of blood in the stool, which requires specific examinations to identify.
What is the cause of stool bleeding The diseases that cause anorectal bleeding are generally divided into the following four categories according to the location:
Anal disease: Anal disease is the most common cause of blood in the stool. Blood in the stool caused by hemorrhoids and anal fissures is bleeding after the stool. In severe cases, blood can be spurted. The blood is bright red. The blood and stool are not mixed. Blood in the stool caused by anal fissures is often accompanied by blood in the stool. Anal pain after defecation.
Rectal disease: Rectal polyps are benign tumors of the rectum. Blood in the stool is the main symptom of rectal polyps. Rectal polyps that are very close to the anus sometimes protrude outside the anus. This disease is common in children.
If someone continues to have blood in the stool, has a sense of falling, the frequency of stools increases, constipation and diarrhea alternately appear, and there is a significant decrease in weight in a short period of time, it may indicate the possibility of rectal cancer. Attaches great importance, especially to the elderly.
Colon disease: The colon is the same as the rectum. Polyps and cancer can occur. Ulcerative colitis, dysentery and other diseases can also cause blood in the stool. Most of the blood in the stool caused by such inflammatory diseases of the colon is mixed with mucus or pus and blood in the stool. She has abdominal pain, fever, tenesmus and other symptoms.