Reason: Constipation during pregnancy is related to the effect of hormone levels during pregnancy on gastrointestinal transit.
Note: Gentle finger examination in the first trimester is safe, barium enema and colonoscopy should not be performed during pregnancy.
Stimulant laxatives and gastrointestinal motility drugs should be used with caution, as they may induce uterine contractions.
Treatment principle: relieve symptoms, restore normal bowel motility and defecation physiological function.
1. Actively look for the factors that cause constipation and remove the inducements. Those with hemorrhoids and anal fissures should be treated accordingly.
2. Reasonable diet, increase drinking water and appropriate physical activity.
3. Establish correct bowel habits.
4. Adjust your mood and avoid excessive tension.
Medication: Recommended dietary fiber preparation wheat fiber granules and osmotic laxative lactulose, which have no adverse effects on the fetus, and can be used at all stages of pregnancy. Some Chinese medicines can be used dialectically, but attention should be paid to their safety.
Prevention of constipation:
1. Good eating habits: foods rich in dietary fiber include vegetables, beans, seaweeds, bean dregs, root vegetables and fruits, olives, pineapples, dragon fruits, kiwis, bananas, etc.; foods that can stimulate intestinal movement include garlic , Radish, lettuce and so on.
2. Increase drinking water appropriately: In the morning, you can drink a large glass of warm water or light honey water.
3. Develop good bowel habits.
4. Appropriate and reasonable exercise should not exceed that before pregnancy.
5. Levator anus exercise: Levator anus exercise can exercise the pelvic floor muscles, which can help defecate and prevent postpartum urinary incontinence.
6. Maintain a relaxed mood.