Why is chronic prostatitis difficult to cure? This is a complicated issue, which can be understood from the following aspects.
1. The "neighborhood" relationship is complicated. The prostate is a glandular organ in the male genitourinary system. It is adjacent to the seminal vesicles, vas deferens, ureters, bladder and rectum. Prostatitis is often secondary to inflammation of other organs in the genitourinary system, and most often occurs at the same time as seminal vesiculitis. Because the urethra is connected to the outside world, various bacteria can easily enter the prostate through the urethral opening and cause infection. Some people do not pay attention to the hygiene of the reproductive organs; some people contract sexually transmitted diseases; some people suffer from secondary infections of urinary stones, spreading to the prostate; some people suffer from hemorrhoids, perianal abscesses, etc., which spread to the prostate through the lymphatic vessels .
2. "Chronic" is more difficult to treat. Acute prostatitis does not receive timely treatment, it will evolve into chronic prostatitis, at this time the bacteria are often difficult to be completely killed, easy to "resume". In some patients, tiny stones are even formed in the prostate. It is generally not easy to get rid of them completely with drugs. The obstruction of the glands caused by stones can cause repeated prostatitis.
3. The etiology is not yet clear. Some prostatitis is not caused by bacterial infection. It is called non-bacterial prostatitis in medicine. Mycoplasma, chlamydia or autoimmune diseases may be one of the causes. Antibiotic therapy alone is not effective.
4. "Traveling doctors" make random diagnosis and treatment. As prostatitis is difficult to treat, incorrect and unscientific treatment methods have emerged in the society. Not only failed to cure the disease, but even worsened the condition, and brought greater difficulties to future treatment. For example, extensive use of broad-spectrum antibiotics has caused the proliferation of resistant bacteria and prolonged the course of the disease.
5. Blindly believe in drugs. Some patients are totally dependent or superstitious about the effects of drugs, but they don’t know that the basis of the disease is decreased immunity and resistance. They usually do not pay attention to strengthening physical exercises, do not pay attention to adjusting the law of life, have excessive and excessive sex life, fight night lights and play mahjong, alcoholism, etc. Will make prostatitis difficult to cure.
6. Neglect treatment of sexual partners. Some patients with prostatitis caused by venereal diseases only know that they see a doctor, but ignore the examination and treatment of their sexual partners. As a result, a vicious circle of infection-treatment-reinfection-retreatment is formed.
7. The formation of bad psychology. Some patients with prostatitis, after regular treatment for a period of time, no objective indicators of inflammation were found after repeated examinations. The doctor thought it had been cured, but the patients still felt unwell. For this situation, on the one hand, the inflammation of the prostate itself may have been cured, but the urethral muscles adjacent to the prostate, the muscles of the pelvic floor, etc., are related to spasmodic pain; on the other hand, it may also be that the patient has been tortured for a long time by illness and traumatized. , It takes a long time to completely eliminate the symptoms. If necessary, you need to receive psychological treatment and give humanized care.