Decrypt Angela Tan
During IVF treatment, many patients and friends will be exposed to a drug called Angelica from the day of egg retrieval. Angeltan, also called progesterone soft capsule, is a light yellow opaque soft capsule with a uniform white paste suspension. Angeltan is a micronized natural progesterone, its structure is exactly the same as human progesterone, and it is highly safe for mothers and fetuses. It is currently one of the most commonly used luteal support drugs.
How should I use it?
Angeltan has two uses, namely vaginal administration and oral administration. The specific medication and dosage should be determined by the doctor according to the actual situation of the patient.
Using the vagina is a safe and convenient way of administration. After the soft capsule is inserted into the vagina, progesterone will be rapidly absorbed by the vaginal mucosa. Through the first pass effect of the uterus, there will be a higher concentration of progesterone in the uterus.
It does not affect endocrine, liver and kidney functions, and does not produce systemic side effects. Occasionally accompanied by drowsiness and dizziness, there is no need to be nervous or special treatment.
Specific methods of vaginal medication
Clean your hands before putting the medicine in the vagina, and insert the capsule into the deep part of the vagina, usually about one finger deep, to avoid the pill from flowing out too shallowly. There is no need to stay in bed after stuffing, and you can move normally. In addition to the active ingredients of progesterone, there are also excipient ingredients that cannot be absorbed by the vagina and accumulate in the vagina. During use, drug residues are often discharged intermittently, which will not affect the absorption of the drug or affect the efficacy of the drug. .
If you miss the drug occasionally, please don't be nervous, let alone double it in compensation. Generally, the dose of vaginal medication each time does not exceed 200mg, which means that 2 capsules each time is more appropriate. If your doctor requires you to take 6 capsules of Angelica daily, you can use it three times in the morning, noon, and night.
By the way, did you know? Angeltan contains peanut oil. If you are allergic to peanuts, you are likely to be allergic to Angeltan. Please inform your doctor in time.
Summary of common problems
1. What should I do if it comes out after using vaginal progesterone preparations such as Angeltam?
After using Angelica in the vagina, white liquid will flow out. This is normal and will not affect the effect of the drug. During the drug preparation process, the drug ingredients need to be made into tangible preparations such as suppositories or tablets through auxiliary materials. After the drug is entered into the vagina, the effective ingredients are absorbed through the vaginal mucosa, and the remaining drug residue is mostly starch, which is finally discharged, which is the manifestation of drug absorption.
2. May I ask how to clean up more white drug residues after vaginal Angelan? Can I wash in a basin every morning and evening?
After vaginal medication, excipients (i.e. pharmaceutical excipients) will be discharged from the vagina and will not affect the efficacy of the medication, and no special cleaning is required, just shower normally.
3. Are there any shortcomings of Angel Tan?
Disadvantages: The frequency of medication is frequent, and vaginal medication can easily cause vulvar itching and vaginitis; rectal administration may cause hemorrhoids bleeding, stimulate the rectum and cause diarrhea.
4. Twelve days after transplantation of frozen embryos, a little blood has just appeared, which seems to be similar to the last time. Now I am eating Duffton in the morning and evening, as well as the stuffed Angela. Now it is bleeding. Do Angela need stuffing at night?
If there is not much bleeding, you can continue to use Angelica, do not stop the drug casually.
5. After the transplant, the hospital allowed me to take Daphne and Angelica. I took the blood for 14 days at my hometown, but the medicine is only enough for the blood to be drawn. After the blood drawing list comes out, I can ask a friend to help buy the medicine. Come here, but it won’t be until the next day, so there may be no medicine to take one day. Is there a problem?
It is best not to stop the drug. It is recommended that you can draw blood one or two days in advance and wait for the results to come out, so that it is too late.