(1) Momordica charantia contains protein that functions similar to insulin. The protein contained in the seeds of bitter gourd is the reason why bitter gourd can lower blood sugar. The function of insulin is to convert glucose in the blood into heat, thereby regulating the body's blood sugar and keeping it at a normal level.
The extract of bitter gourd fruit or seeds also contains protein that has a function similar to insulin, which can promote the decomposition of sugar and has the effect of converting excess sugar into heat. Eating more bitter gourd can improve the body's fat balance.
(2) It can eliminate obesity or constipation that causes diabetes. For people with high blood sugar, it is recommended to eat bitter gourd vegetables and drink bitter gourd juice every day.
(3) Bitter gourd can "improve eyesight". Bitter melon is also very effective for improving retinopathy, one of the three major complications of diabetes.
(4) Prevention of infectious diseases. During the development of diabetes, white blood cells are often affected by high blood sugar, leading to weakened human immunity and prone to various infectious diseases, such as colds and skin suppuration.
Bitter gourd can be made into soup or bitter gourd juice. For example, put the bitter gourd in a blender and stir, filter, take out the juice, and drink with soda water and apple juice.
After drinking, bitter gourd juice can be quickly absorbed by the body, and it can take in a large amount of active ingredients of bitter gourd. It is very effective in the treatment of diabetes and its complications. Nor can it replace drugs).
2. Bitter Gourd Nutritional Ingredients and Functions
(1) Rich in vitamin C. Modern pharmacological studies have found that bitter gourd is rich in vitamin C, about 120 mg of vitamin C per 100 g, which is higher than strawberry (80 mg) and lemon (90 mg).
(2) Contains potassium. Bitter melon is also rich in potassium, which can effectively lower blood pressure.
(3) Contains carotene. The carotene in bitter gourd has anti-cancer and brightening effects.
(4) Contains cinchona cream. The reason why bitter gourd tastes bitter is that it has a unique bitterness ingredient-cinchona cream. Cinchona Cream can inhibit the over-excited body temperature center and play an antipyretic effect.
3. Other functions of bitter gourd
(1) It is a wonderful product for relieving the liver, promoting the gallbladder, and clearing the blood heat. It is most suitable for people with jaundice.
(2) Effective treatment of hemorrhoids, for hemorrhoids caused by intestinal heat.
(3) Bitter melon can also cure many diseases such as stomach-heat pain, damp-heat dysentery, vomiting and diarrhea.
(4) The bitterness of bitter gourd can also stimulate appetite.
Bitter gourd, also known as bitter gourd, is regarded as a vegetable to relieve heat, increase appetite, and strengthen stomach and intestines. Because bitter gourd has a great effect on human health, its bitter taste has been accepted by many people and has become a table food.