Normal delivery, cesarean section, and turn to cesarean are eternal topics in obstetrics, so every woman should know about it before giving birth!
Nowadays, the concept of "good delivery" has been deeply rooted in the hearts of the people. In the choice of delivery methods, delivery has become the first choice of many pregnant mothers.
However, the process of childbirth often changes rapidly, and there are not a few women who have encountered "accidents". Many pregnant mothers shudder when watching the sharing of "predecessors" during pregnancy, and are even more confused about the way of delivery.
For example, if the delivery process is not smooth, and halfway through cesarean section, the mother and her family think that "the pregnant mother has suffered two crimes for nothing."
Another example: some women who do not care about their own pregnancy conditions, they still blindly adhere to the normal delivery when they are not suitable for vaginal labor.
is this okay? Is cesarean section a "scourge"?
Another example: It is said that a normal delivery is better than a cesarean section, so there is no danger in a normal delivery?
The topic of "shun" and "caesarean" has been around for a long time. As obstetricians and gynecologists, we want to tell everyone that the premise of "decision" is to have a full understanding of "shun delivery" and "cesarean section."
First, use three sentences to clarify the relationship between "normal delivery" and "cesarean section".
1. Normal delivery is the most natural and best way of delivery.
2. However, when the mother and baby are not suitable for normal delivery, cesarean section is an emergency method of delivery, which is a powerful supplement to solve dystocia and ensure the safety of mother and fetus.
3. How to choose, please follow the doctor's advice!
Vaginal childbirth, or "successful childbirth", is the natural way for humans to reproduce offspring, and is the oldest and most traditional way of childbirth.
However, "natural" does not mean that it is suitable for everyone. In the era without cesarean section, some women and fetuses who cannot tolerate vaginal delivery will die because of dystocia.
With the advancement and development of society and medicine, the birth of vaginal delivery technology and cesarean section, human wisdom has improved the ability to fight against nature, and provided a guarantee for women and fetuses to "cross the catastrophe" smoothly. The impact of normal childbirth on mother and baby
1. The most natural is the best. If vaginal delivery can be performed after a professional evaluation, natural delivery is excellent for both the mother and the fetus.
2. First of all, for mothers, although labor pains can bring mental and physical tension and pain to pregnant women, these are temporary and can be tolerated. They are often less traumatic than cesarean section, less bleeding, and physical Function recovery is fast, you can get out of bed and move freely after giving birth, which can better take care of your baby.
3. For the fetus, in the process of natural delivery, paroxysmal contractions produce pulse-like squeezing power, which brings a thrilling journey to the fetus, tells the fetus that it is not easy to survive, and to perceive the difficulties of the world in advance. The squeeze during childbirth is not just hurt as we imagined, but the necessary learning process of touch and proprioception, which directly affects the child's movement sensitivity, coordination, concentration, and emotional stability after growing up. After the brain is compressed, blood circulation is strengthened, which stimulates brain cells, enhances the ability to stress hypoxia after birth, and is beneficial to the development of the brain. The fetus’s thorax is compressed and expanded accordingly during contractions, squeezing out the amniotic fluid and mucus in the respiratory tract and lungs, reducing the incidence of neonatal wet lung and aspiration pneumonia, and also causing the fetal lungs to produce As a result, the alveolar surface active substances in the fetus are increased, making the alveoli of the fetus more elastic, easy to expand, and establishing spontaneous breathing in time.
In addition, the stimulation of the birth process causes the mother and fetus to produce a large number of immune antibodies. Therefore, the newborns born naturally have stronger resistance and resistance to infection, while the cesarean births lack this process of obtaining antibodies.
Does natural childbirth cause any problems?
For a normal parturient, the delivery is the best choice. However, the best does not mean absolute perfection. Even if the doctors and midwives are escorted by the doctor before giving birth, you may encounter some "unsatisfactory" during the delivery, such as: contractions, relatively long time, tearing or lateral cut wound pain, postpartum hemorrhoid pain Wait.
The medical community has also been working hard, hoping to improve the maternal delivery experience. For example, a painless childbirth can greatly reduce the degree of pain, with few adverse reactions, and no impact on the birth process or infant health.
Because of the great individual differences, each person’s experience and feelings are different. Pregnant mothers can understand and be prepared during pregnancy, but they don’t need to worry too much. They must fully believe in themselves and their babies. And the medical staff!
The impact of cesarean section on mother and baby
1. Cesarean section is an emergency measure used to solve dystocia and ensure the safety of mother and fetus. Since it is an operation, there must be risks. Therefore, cesarean section is not the best way to deliver a fetus, and it cannot be chosen blindly. But it cannot be rejected blindly.
2. For the mother, the surgical trauma is increased, and the amount of bleeding is often more than that of the natural childbirth. The postoperative incision healing and complete recovery of the body will be slower than the natural childbirth. If there is an intraoperative accident or postoperative incision infection, it will be more Endangering the mother’s health; in the future, there may also be long-term unclean lochia, abdominal adhesions, endometriosis, low back pain and other complications.
3. For children, the lungs lack the beneficial compression of the birth canal. Children born by cesarean section are prone to aspiration pneumonia, wet lung, respiratory distress syndrome, etc., and the chance of suffering from pneumonia in the future will also increase; Without the stimulation of the birth canal to the brain, the child loses a very good hearing and self-sensing training, and may suffer from poor environmental adaptability, poor motor coordination, and susceptibility to hyperactivity.
In addition, with the opening of the second-child policy, the risk of scar pregnancy, placenta previa, placental implantation, and uterine rupture in re-pregnancy after cesarean section is also greatly increased, and it may even endanger the mother’s life safety by removing the uterus. Cesarean section without medical indications not only cannot reduce the mortality of perinatal infants, but also increases the incidence of complications after cesarean section and maternal mortality. Therefore, cesarean section without medical indications is not recommended.
It can be seen that cesarean section is not the best way to give birth without indication, mothers should choose carefully.
In the following situations, cesarean section has to be chosen! Cesarean section without indication is not the best way to give birth. However, if the doctor’s professional delivery assessment finds that the conditions of the mother and the baby are not suitable for vaginal delivery, then one should not blindly advocate natural delivery. You need to act decisively and choose cesarean section. For example, the following situations: prenatally judged that the fetus has intrauterine hypoxia that cannot be corrected, the fetus is too large or the fetal breech position, the pregnant mother’s pelvis is too narrow or deformed, the placenta previa or placental abruption hemorrhage, the elderly primipara, and pregnant women have Severe heart disease, years of high blood pressure, chronic nephritis, or uterine surgery (with the possibility of scar rupture) and other conditions that endanger the mother and baby.
Turning forward, why on earth?
Although the probability of transferring from a normal delivery to a cesarean section is relatively small, it is believed that women who have experienced this will silently say in their hearts: two sins for nothing, a loss! I had known it directly! As a doctor, I also sympathize with the experiences of these mothers. However, due to individual differences, if accidents occur during normal labor, such as stagnant labor, fetal distress, or sudden severe complications from the mother and child, for the safety of mothers and babies, You must follow the medical staff's judgment and switch to a cesarean section. If you encounter an emergency, you must act decisively without delay.
In addition, if you turn to the cesarean, after all, the child has experienced the compression of the birth canal, which is still helpful for the development of the fetal lung, and it is not entirely a loss!
Some people may wonder, haven't the doctors done prenatal assessments? Why can't it be checked out? This is because some situations encountered during labor cannot be predicted before delivery. No one can predict when and how emergencies will occur. What everyone can do is to be always ready to deal with challenges and emergencies. , With the fastest speed, the best way to resolve the danger, so that the mother and the fetus will be safe.
Therefore, it is helplessness and challenge to go forward. Let us face it together.
All in all, childbirth is a normal and natural process. When you have the conditions for natural childbirth, you should follow the doctor’s professional advice and choose a natural, safe and advantageous way of vaginal childbirth. You can experience the process of childbirth painfully and happily. The mother's determination and bravery completed the first close cooperation with the baby. But when the conditions for natural childbirth are not available, you should not blindly advocate natural childbirth. You must follow the doctor's advice, act decisively, and choose cesarean section.