Pain is a problem that all end rectal diseases will encounter after surgery. As long as there is a surgical operation under the dental line, there will be pain. Therefore, mixed hemorrhoids must be included. The postoperative pain of mixed hemorrhoids is described by some clinical patients, especially female friends, who will say "Ah, it hurts more than giving birth to a baby". More classic language description: "The pain in the anus, known as the world's first pain." Because of the fear of pain, this also makes many young and promising people with hemorrhoids hesitate to operate on mixed hemorrhoids, leading to aggravation of the condition. So, is the pain after mixed hemorrhoid surgery really such a horror? We understand some content, and then draw conclusions.
1. Causes of pain
The nerves in the anal area of the human body are more abundant, which are somatic nerves, which are very sensitive to pain. However, there are many causes of pain, such as the surgical site, the size of the wound area, the patient's tolerance to pain, the patient's mental state, and the effect of anesthesia. These factors will affect the degree of pain in a single or compound manner. . Pain is generally obvious within 24 to 48 hours after surgery.
1. Nerve innervation Below the tooth line is the somatic nerve innervation, which is very sensitive. The operation can stimulate the nerve and cause pain;
2. During the operation of external hemorrhoids, stimulation of nerves can cause pain. During clamping and ligation of the hemorrhoids, the structure of the tooth line will be traumatized. The design of the incision and the number of incisions can cause local blood stasis and edema, which can lead to spasticity Pain is usually obvious in the dead of night, mainly involuntary contraction pain. But, friends, please note that this is a normal phenomenon, don’t panic. In addition, during the operation, avoid excessive trimming of the perianal skin in order to satisfy the patient's pursuit of perfection or the surgeon's pursuit of perfection, resulting in anal skin defect or even narrowing. I also remind my friends here: Mixed hemorrhoid surgery mainly solves symptoms and guarantees defecation function. Please do not blindly pursue anal smoothness and ignore the most important defecation anal function.
3. Anesthesia The effect of different anesthesia is also different, and the effect of anesthesia also has a certain impact on the degree of postoperative pain. However, the choice of clinical anesthesia is the result of comprehensive consideration, and anesthesia cannot be selected blindly in order to reduce pain. Hope the patient understands. Generally, traditional surgical sacral anesthesia (anesthesia at lumbarshu points) is sufficient, and intravenous anesthesia is required for PPH and TST operations.
4. Postoperative incision infection, anal skin edema, constipation, suture stimulation, etc. can cause pain.
5. Fear mentality Everyone has a different threshold for pain. The fearful mentality, coupled with the stimulation of surgery, keeps the anal canal in a contracted state for a long time, which is bound to aggravate the pain.
6. After defecation, we will let the patient’s friend eat liquid food, and encourage the patient to defecate on the second day after the operation. Good defecation is of great help to relieve pain. If constipation, diarrhea, etc. occur during the postoperative recovery process Circumstances that may cause or aggravate pain.
2. Prevention and Treatment
For postoperative pain, our principle is still that prevention is more important than cure, and prevention is combined.
1. Before surgery, patients should relax their thoughts, encourage themselves, and actively cooperate with the arrangements of medical staff;
2. The operator should operate meticulously and accurately, try to avoid unnecessary operations, design the incision reasonably, make linear alignment, and reduce stitches;
3. After the operation, eat, move, defecate, and change dressing according to the doctor's instructions; ask friends to eat normally when eating normally. A long-term liquid diet is not conducive to the recovery of intestinal function. You are required to eat normally because we have many years of experience to verify Yes, there is some truth. Appropriate oral defecation medicine is necessary, you can adjust it according to the situation; the anus should be relaxed when changing the dressing, and the dressing of mixed hemorrhoids is generally not much painful.
4. The postoperative pain is indeed unbearable, so you should communicate with the medical staff in time. It is necessary to deal with the postoperative pain. Whether it is oral, intramuscular, or intravenous infusion. At present, the related concepts of painless surgery have been proposed internationally, and we are groping forward.
In fact, there is no severe pain after mixed hemorrhoids, which is obviously related to the level of the operator, the severity of the patient's mixed hemorrhoids, and their own endurance. Regarding endurance, I think that women as a whole are better than men, especially after giving birth. Maybe this is the greatness of motherhood.
Through this article, I hope everyone has some understanding of postoperative pain of mixed hemorrhoids. I hope it can help you or answer your previous confusion. I also hope that you don't listen to others' opinions, have your own judgment, and seek medical treatment in time to avoid delays in your condition.
Zhang Liangliang and Jun Tong Xizhi