In normal work, I often encounter patients with blood in the stool. This is a common disease in the anorectal department. When you have blood in the stool, do not panic. Read the following articles carefully to have a general understanding of the blood in the stool, and then conduct self-examination from the following points , Judge the disease. Of course, if you have any questions about your condition, I suggest you come to the hospital to find me. I will conduct a comprehensive examination for you, and interpret your illness from a medical professional perspective.
First, blood in the stool is often seen in the following types of diseases:
1. Anal fissure: The probability of occurrence is 45%. Anal fissure will have blood in the stool due to the friction of the stool during defecation. The blood volume in the stool is not much. The color is usually bright red, not mixed with the stool, and accompanied by severe The pain will last for a long time after going to the toilet.
2. Hemorrhoids: The probability of occurrence is 45%. The early stage of hemorrhoids is usually painless blood in the stool. The blood in the stool is bright red. The blood volume in the stool is not much. It is mixed with the stool. It usually appears on the toilet paper after the stool. Caused by repeated friction. In the middle and late stages of hemorrhoids, the swelling will protrude, and the hemorrhoids will appear edema and inflammation, and there will be severe pain at this time.
3. Anal polyps: The probability of occurrence is 1%. It is rubbed by the stool during defecation, which damages the epidermal tissue of the polyp. Generally, it is painless blood in the stool. The blood volume in the stool is not much. The color is bright red and does not mix with the stool. Accompanied by prolapse of polyps.
4. Rectal cancer: The probability of occurrence is 5%. In the early stage, there is no sign of bleeding, and there is only a slight feeling of swelling. Allow it to develop. In the middle and late stages, there will be an increase in the number of bowel movements and bleeding during defecation The bleeding is not much, and the color is dark red. In the late stage, the blood volume in the stool will increase, and it will be accompanied by mucus exudation, giving off a foul smell.
5. The probability of occurrence is 1%. Due to life problems, such as diet, defecation, etc., regular eating of spicy and other irritating foods can easily stimulate the digestive tract and cause bleeding in the digestive tract. In gastrointestinal diseases, the bleeding color is generally tar and dark brown, and the bleeding is not much.
The harm of blood in the stool to us:
1. Stool and stool blood may indicate the appearance of a variety of anorectal diseases. As a common symptom, the appearance of stool and stool blood may indicate the appearance of some anorectal diseases. Among many anorectal diseases, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal polyps, colon polyps, ulcerative colitis and even rectal cancer will all have blood in the stool. Stool blood in the stool often becomes a "cover" for serious diseases such as rectal cancer, allowing patients to relax their vigilance and ultimately suffer the harm of the disease.
2. Long-term blood in the stool and stool can cause iron deficiency anemia. According to reports, long-term blood in the stool and stool can easily cause the patient to lose a large amount of iron in the body, causing iron deficiency anemia. Iron-deficiency anemia generally develops slowly. There can be no symptoms or mild symptoms in the early stage. When the anemia is severe, pale complexion, fatigue, loss of appetite, palpitations, rapid heart rate, and shortness of breath after physical activity, edema, etc. may occur. Some patients may even experience Nervous system symptoms such as irritability, excitement, irritability, etc. appear.
3. Some anorectal diseases are the main cause of blood in the stool. Hemorrhoids, hemorrhoids, blood in the stool generally occurs during or after defecation. It is dripping or spraying, and the blood is bright red, and the blood does not mix with the stool. High blood volume in the stool may cause iron deficiency anemia. More serious ones include pale complexion, fatigue, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, rapid heart rate, etc., which affect normal life and work, and also seriously endanger physical health. In addition, anal fissure, rectal polyps, colon polyps, ulcerative colitis, etc. will all have blood in the stool. This is the most important aspect of the hazards of blood in the stool.
4. Blood in the stool is also a sign of intestinal malignant tumors, that is, early rectal cancer. Because the blood in the stool is similar to the bleeding of hemorrhoids, it is difficult to distinguish the symptoms of blood in the stool, so some people do not pay much attention to the blood in the stool. The early malignant tumors are easily ignored and lead to tragedy.
Professional inspection items for blood in the stool:
1. Digital anal examination. Anal finger is an indispensable item in the experience of blood in the stool. One of the main causes of lower gastrointestinal bleeding is colorectal cancer, of which rectal cancer accounts for 60%, and rectal cancer is mostly located in the lower rectum. About 70% of rectal cancers can be palpated through digital rectal examination, which is the timely detection of rectal cancer A reliable and simple method. If the tumor and finger cot are stained with blood or pus, rectal cancer, polyposis, etc. should be considered.
2. Anoscopy. When the patient has blood in the stool, he must find the hemorrhage foci. Don't just touch the internal hemorrhoids because of the blood in the patient's stool. Simply do a finger examination and touch the internal hemorrhoids.
3. Painless electronic colonoscopy: lower gastrointestinal bleeding, except for clear anal fissures and hemorrhoids, bleeding lesions in other parts generally need to be diagnosed by fiber colonoscopy. For lesions on the mucosal surface of the intestinal cavity, the diagnosis rate is high.