1. What is anal eczema?
Eczema is also called "soaked sore" and "blood rubella" in Chinese medicine. Eczema that occurs on the skin around the anus is called anal eczema.
Eczema is divided into acute eczema and chronic eczema. It is a non-infectious, allergic, chronic and refractory inflammatory skin disease that can be affected by both men and women.
Chronic eczema is a transformation from acute eczema, so chronic eczema is more common, often recurrent, and does not heal for a long time.
2. What are the causes of anal eczema?
(1) Disease factors: such as endocrine disorders, liver and kidney dysfunction, intestinal parasites, digestive dysfunction, leucorrhea in women, pinworm disease, etc., can cause or aggravate the disease.
(2) Anal diseases: such as hemorrhoids, anal fistula, anal fissure, anal incontinence, and anal epithelial defects.
(3) Allergens: such as pollen, dust, wool, man-made fibers, balsam, dyes, soap, etc.
(4) Dietary factors: fish, shrimp, crab, beef and mutton, eggs, green onions, garlic, wine, etc.
(5) Drug effects: sulfa drugs, certain antibiotics, strong acids, strong bases and other chemicals.
(6) Mental factors: mental stress, fatigue, depression, and insomnia.
(7) Physical factors: Some people think that poor quality has an important relationship with this disease.
(8) Others: hot, humid, cold, sunlight and other climate influences.
3. Can patients with anal eczema wash their anus with hot water?
Patients with anal eczema often suffer from unbearable local itching and prefer to use hot water to fumigate the skin around the anus to relieve itching for a while. In this way, not only did it not relieve the condition, but it promoted the itching and exudation. This is because the hot water irritates the skin of the anus, causing increased secretions, exudation and soaking, resulting in aggravation of local skin inflammation, making the condition incurable for a long time. Therefore, patients with anal eczema cannot clean the anus with hot water.
4. What are the principles of treatment for anal eczema?
According to the different causes and local changes of the disease, conduct reasonable overall treatment and symptomatic treatment, find out the pathogenic factors as much as possible, improve the working environment, living habits, dietary habits and physical fitness that can induce eczema, and actively treat the cause of eczema Systemic diseases and anorectal diseases, such as anal fistula, anal fissure, hemorrhoids, anal itching, constipation and diarrhea and other primary diseases.
Our department used Ai Cang Kushen Decoction and self-prepared Zhiyang Ling to treat acute primary anal eczema, and achieved obvious effects. [Liu Qiujiang: Fujian Traditional Chinese Medicine 35(1): 41, 2004; Wu Rongfa: Journal of Practical Chinese Medicine 17(3): 35, 2001]
5. Differential diagnosis of wet and itching anus?
Anal eczema can be seen thickened perianal skin folds, chapped, and pale skin.
The anal dampness and itching caused by internal hemorrhoids are mostly caused by increased secretions when internal hemorrhoids become inflamed and enlarged, or because internal hemorrhoids prolapse outside the anus, stimulating large intestinal glands to secrete a large amount of mucus, and the mucus flows out along the loose anal canal. After treatment of internal hemorrhoids, the symptoms of anal dampness and itching will disappear.