Most of the friends who have been to the anorectal department have used the fumigation lotion in bags or boxes, and the effect is usually more obvious when they are mixed in warm water and then fumigated. The earliest record of traditional Chinese medicine fumigation and washing therapy can be traced back to the "Fifty-two Prescriptions for Diseases", which has a history of more than two thousand years. It has a very good clinical effect, so today we will learn about Chinese medicine fumigation and washing therapy.
What is Chinese medicine fumigation therapy
Traditional Chinese medicine fumigation therapy is based on the theory of Chinese medicine, through dialectical selection of certain Chinese medicine, decoction or processing into Chinese medicine liquid; or into powder, mixed with hot water for local fumigation and sitting bath, relying on warm heat and medicine, It acts directly on the body through the body surface to achieve the therapeutic effects of dredging the meridians, dispelling wind and dampness, promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis, reducing swelling and relieving pain. Generally speaking, fumigation therapy can be divided into broad sense and narrow sense. The broad sense fumigation therapy includes three methods: smoking, steam fumigation and medicine fumigation. The narrow sense fumigation therapy only refers to medicine fumigation.
The spread of traditional Chinese medicine fumigation and washing therapy
Traditional Chinese medicine fumigation and washing therapy has a long history and is an important part of the external treatment of traditional Chinese medicine. The "Fifty-two Disease Prescriptions" was unearthed from the Mawangdui Han Tomb, which clearly proposes the use of hot medicine steam fumigation of traditional Chinese medicine decoction to treat diseases. For example, Luo Ruanxun is used to treat hemorrhoids, and leeks and wine are used to re-treat traumatic diseases. "Book of Rites" records that "a sore on the head will cause a bath, and a sore on the body will cause a bath." In the "Huangdi Neijing", there is a saying of "Mo Zhi Yuzhi". In the Jin Dynasty Ge Hong's "Elbow Reserve Emergency Recipe" described the use of boiled cork and Huang Cen to treat wounds and ulcers. "Li Yu Jiao Wen" once pointed out that "the principle of external treatment is the principle of internal treatment; the medicine of external treatment, that is, the medicine of internal treatment, which is different from the ear". Thousands of years of clinical practice have proved that fumigation therapy is an effective method of preventing and curing diseases and strengthening health, which is especially valued by doctors of the past dynasties.
The effect of fumigation and washing and its application in anorectal department
1. It has the functions of clearing heat and detoxification, reducing swelling and pain, astringent and hemostasis, dispelling wind and dampness, killing insects and relieving itching. Suitable for internal hemorrhoids prolapse, incarceration, postoperative edema, external hemorrhoids swelling and pain, perianal eczema, etc.
2. In the postoperative application of anorectal diseases, decoct the medicinal solution that has the functions of dredging the meridians, activating blood to remove blood stasis, reducing swelling and relieving pain into juice for use in the perianal area to maintain a high drug concentration in the surgical mouth and effectively improve local blood circulation , To reduce the pain of the operation mouth and promote the early recovery of function.
Study on the modern mechanism of fumigation and washing therapy
Skin penetration and absorption
The effect of drug absorption through the skin is inversely proportional to the thickness of the skin, and proportional to the spread of the skin. Therefore, topical application of the drug in the anus is conducive to the penetration and absorption of the drug, so that the effective ingredients of the drug can be absorbed through the skin to the greatest extent and reach the effect of the disease.
Active fumigation and bathing can soften the wound crust, promote the shedding of necrotic tissue, the regeneration of granulation tissue and the healing of the wound.
Neurohumoral device stimulation effect
After the drug acts on the anus, it can regulate the nerve, endocrine, immune system, and stimulating effects through the neurohumoral device system to exert a therapeutic effect, thereby improving the functional activities of tissues and organs, playing a therapeutic effect of reducing swelling and pain, and accelerating growth and healing .
(1) Anti-infection effect
(2) Reduce blood viscosity
(3) Regulate skin metabolism
Method of fumigation
1. Dissolve traditional Chinese medicine particles in hot water, or pour the decocted medicinal liquid into a container.
2. Steam fumigation of the affected area with the liquid medicine while it is hot, and the distance between the patient and the liquid medicine should be comfortable.
3. When the temperature of the liquid medicine drops to about 40 degrees, start washing or taking a bath for 10-20 minutes each time, twice a day.
1. Prevent burns: The elderly or diabetic patients who feel bad should lower the water temperature appropriately or use a thermometer to measure.
2. During pregnancy and menstruation, fumigation is not suitable for women.
3. People who are full, hungry, and over-fatigued or extremely weak are not suitable for fumigation.
4. It is not suitable to fumigate and wash within half an hour after a meal.
5. People with severe cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases should not be fumigated.
Professor, master's supervisor
Dean of Shandong Anorectal Hospital
Famous Chinese Medicine Expert in Shandong Province
Expert in the inheritance studio of famous and old Chinese medicine experts in Shandong Province
Visiting Scholar at St. Mark's Hospital, UK
Visiting Scholar at Takano Hospital, Japan
Vice President of the Anorectal Physician Branch of the Chinese Medical Doctor Association
Standing Member of the Anorectal Professional Committee of the Chinese Integrative Medicine Association
Executive Director of International Pelvic Floor Disease Association
Standing Committee Member of the World Federation of Pelvic Floor Medicine Professional Committee
Chairman of Shandong Provincial Health Management Association Anorectal Disease Professional Committee
Combination of traditional Chinese and Western medicine treatment of intractable constipation, anorectal pain, ulcerative colitis, chronic functional pelvic floor disease and other intractable diseases; high complex anal fistula, rectovaginal fistula, rectal prolapse, hairy sinus, perianal necrosis Minimally invasive surgical treatment of perianal benign diseases such as fasciitis and severe mixed hemorrhoids, anal fissures, perianal abscesses, and comprehensive treatment of colorectal tumors with traditional Chinese medicine.
Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital (Shandong Anorectal Disease Hospital), 16766 Jingshi Road, Jinan