Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering Li Lianda
Reprinted from https://medicine.people.com.cn/GB/12356344.html
(Jiang is still hot, worthy of being an academician, worthy of the pride of our Beijing Medical University! Hehe, the article is so wonderful, admire, admire! My elementary school brother must learn from the old senior!)
August 05, 2010 13:48 Source: People's Daily Online-Health Channel
Recently, some media reported that "the mother's anus was sewn", which caused a national sensation and caused public outrage. This is a ridiculous farce. Young couples have no production experience, some are nervous, fearful, and even have some doubts and misunderstandings, which are understandable. However, news reporters who do not understand the truth of the facts make alarmist news hype, which is very inappropriate.
1. The so-called "anus sewn": Complications occurred during the production process-hemorrhoids bleeding, gauze pressure to stop the bleeding is ineffective, ligation (or suture) to stop the bleeding, emergency treatment to stop the bleeding, no need to ask for instructions, then stop bleeding, it is completely correct The medical treatment of the patient is completely different from the suture of the anus. How can it be said that a deer is a horse?
2. The so-called "the behavior of the midwife is beyond the scope of its powers and is an illegal operation": "The railway police manages a section of each section". Cross-border management is an "irregular operation". This principle does not apply to the medical profession. All medical personnel (including midwives) find that Patients with any injuries (including bleeding from hemorrhoids) should be actively, actively and comprehensively treated as far as possible. For example, firecrackers will injure the face, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and other parts. Ophthalmologists cannot treat only the eyes. Injuries, regardless of the others, must be treated comprehensively, and it is impossible to invite all five specialist doctors to be present and treat them at once. Any complications (including hemorrhoids bleeding) that occur during the delivery of a parturient, the obstetrician or midwife not only has the right to deal with it, but also must deal with it in time. If you have any difficulties, please ask the superior doctor or the doctor to assist you. Hemostasis is a very simple technical operation. The midwife has the right to suture the torn or side cut of the vulva of the parturient, and the technical difficulty is far more than that of hemostasis. Why can't hemostatic treatment be performed? Midwife is a hemostasis operation, not a radical cure for hemorrhoids. There is no “violation operation” problem of ultra vires. The production process has already lost blood. If hemorrhoids continue to hemorrhage, it can cause maternal anemia and even hemorrhagic shock, which is life-threatening. The complication is that bleeding does not stop. It is very important to stop the bleeding in time. It is a completely correct treatment to protect the mother and child.
Whether the "violation operation" depends mainly on the result. While completing the delivery task and ensuring the safety of the mother and child, the midwife also effectively handled the complications (hemorrhoids bleeding) to achieve the purpose of hemostasis, which is beneficial and harmless to the parturient and produced a good treatment effect. , This shows that the treatment of the midwife is correct and the consequences are good. There is no "violation" problem.
3. The so-called "difficult bowel movement after delivery, suspected to be sutured in the anus", anyone who has given birth knows that postpartum constipation (difficulty defecation) is common due to a sudden decrease in abdominal pressure, fatigue of the abdominal muscles, and weakened bowel movements. , Is also normal, how can it be mistaken for "the anus is sewn".
4. News reports that nurses "secretly remove the stitches": the wound is sutured or ligated to stop the bleeding. The stitches must be removed in a few days. The midwife's hemostasis treatment is correct, and the nurse's stitches are reasonable. Why do you need to "secretly remove the stitches"? This suspicious mentality is very abnormal.
In short, from a medical point of view, the treatment of the parturient by the midwife is completely correct, there is no error, and it is not a medical error. If there are other questions, do not understand the real situation, do not make presumptuous comments. If you have received red envelopes and voluntarily returned them or handed them over to the leader the next day, they are of different nature and should be treated differently.
5. Medical staff, especially obstetric workers, have heavy tasks and heavy responsibilities, holding two lives in one hand, busy day and night, and can’t rest on holidays. They work very hard. They deserve the respect of patients and society, but they are often unfair. treat. The midwife completed the delivery mission to ensure the safety of the mother and the child, and to stop the bleeding in time, avoiding accidents due to excessive blood loss. The conscientious midwife should be rewarded. Instead, she was put on TV as a "defendant" for a "public trial". , "Showing the public" is not appropriate.
In addition, the buttocks and anus of the parturient were also broadcasted on TV in close-up and large shots, publicized in the world, not only infringing on the right to privacy, but also a great insult to the mother. At present, the anti-pornography is repeatedly emphasized, and even the third-grade yellow films are not allowed to expose the perineum (including the external genitalia and anus). TV stations should broadcast such scenes.
News reports should be objective, truthful, and fair, and abide by professional ethics. They should not be sensational or sensational, leading to false statements and worsening the doctor-patient relationship. The experts of the investigation team and the higher-level authorities should also adhere to principles, conduct serious investigations, and make correct conclusions based on facts.
Young couples are happy for their precious children. When the mother is holding her lovely baby and the whole family feels extremely happy, she should thank those hard-working obstetric medical staff. Whether it is due to young ignorance or other reasons, they hurt a person with due diligence and suffered Midwives who are insulting and detrimental should not be. The traditional virtues of the Chinese nation are to be kind-hearted, to repay grievances with virtue, not to repay virtue with grievances. Kind people should think twice!