As the saying goes, "ten people have nine hemorrhoids", then, can infants and young children get hemorrhoids?
The answer is yes.
The smallest child with hemorrhoids seen in the clinic was only 7 months old.
Why does such a small child get hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are lesions caused by varicose veins in the anus, mainly due to poor blood return from the anus. The anus is the junction of the portal vein and the vena cava. There is no venous valve in the vein, and the venous access is blocked (such as portal hypertension, Buca's syndrome, etc.). Infants and young children often cry and have high abdominal pressure; in addition, long-term constipation and diarrhea Both can cause high intravenous pressure and poor anal venous return, which can lead to hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are only local manifestations of vascular diseases such as portal hypertension and Bucca's syndrome, and can be diagnosed by color Doppler ultrasound and other manifestations.
The reasons for constipation in infants and young children are ① When the infant’s food intake is too small, after digestion, there is less residue in the intestines and reduced stools. ②Excessive protein content in food and insufficient carbohydrates affect the fermentation of food in the intestines, making stools alkaline, and dryness leading to constipation; milk powder contains a large amount of casein, and a large amount of insoluble calcium soap in the stool causes an increase in stool; Low cellulose content. All are prone to constipation. ③ Irregular life and defecation, weakened or not formed defecation reflex; intestinal muscle relaxation and constipation. ④ Certain drugs or diseases that can weaken the muscle tone of the intestinal wall, malfunction, and abnormal sympathetic nerve function can cause constipation. ⑤ Genetic and Physiological Defects: Some children may be secretive after birth. ⑥Have a family history, which may be related to heredity. ⑦ Mental factors: Sudden mental stimulation, changes in living environment, etc. can cause short-term constipation.
What should I do if infants have hemorrhoids?
1. First, ensure adequate water intake. Feed more water, fruit and vegetable juice, soup, etc., and increase the amount when you sweat a lot. 2. Older babies can change the food structure: you can choose more foods that contain more fiber and produce more gas, such as sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes to promote bowel movement; choose foods that contain more fiber, such as vegetables, etc.; can be added to the food Vegetable oil is good for moisturizing the intestines; increase the intake of water-rich foods such as kelp to ensure the volume of stool. Feeding and weaning children should pay attention to the combination of protein and carbohydrates. Undernourished people need to strengthen their nutrition.
3. Appropriate exercise, increase appetite, increase food intake; ensure food intake to form volumetric defecation.
4. Diet, sleep, and two stools are regular; develop the habit of defecation on time, strengthen the formation of defecation reflex; the relationship between these three is mutual cause and effect.
5. Massage the lower abdomen of infants and young children. Use 2-4 fingers together and center on the navel, massage the lower abdomen clockwise for several minutes, 2 times a day.
6. During constipation, if you drink a lot of milk and have dry and hard stools, you can add 5% sugar to the milk or drink honey water to help soften the stools; at the same time, reduce the milk intake and increase the amount and variety of complementary foods.