Recently, I have encountered many pregnant women consulting about the prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids, and I will give you an introduction.
Pregnant women are a high incidence of hemorrhoids. The incidence of hemorrhoids in pregnant women is as high as 76%, especially after the birth process, there are no hemorrhoids. There are often lesbians who have a big belly or just after giving birth because they can't bear it, and they often have severe symptoms. If these patients can know some related preventive or treatment measures, it will reduce a lot of pain.
Why are hemorrhoids prone to appear during pregnancy and childbirth?
Hormonal action during pregnancy, long-term fine diet, and less activity can cause aggravation of constipation, dry stool, difficulty in passing out, hemorrhoid prolapse, bleeding or external hemorrhoid edema, thrombosis, etc. The appearance of hemorrhoids during pregnancy is often due to the enlarged uterus compressing the large blood vessels, causing the veins in the pelvis to expand, leading to varicose veins. In addition, the increase of progesterone after pregnancy can also dilate the veins, so that more venous blood can not be discharged from the pelvis, and eventually form hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy may also have the following causes:
2. Abdominal weight gain during pregnancy
3. Standing or sitting for a long time 4. Excessive stretching during production 5. Overweight
Harm of hemorrhoids during pregnancy and childbirth
1. Cause anemia during pregnancy. If the pregnant mother’s hemorrhoids are severe and there are repeated bleeding, it is easy to cause anemia during pregnancy, which will endanger the health of the pregnant mother and the baby. Anemia during pregnancy can also cause symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, and shortness of breath. It can also affect the development of the fetus in the womb, which may lead to developmental delay, premature delivery, and even death.
2. Increase the burden on pregnant mothers. When hemorrhoids develop to a certain degree, that is, when the pregnant mother is coughing, laughing, walking, etc., the abdominal pressure will rise, which will cause the hemorrhoids to eversion or prolapse, which brings great pain to the pregnant mother.
How to treat?
Although hemorrhoids can be treated by surgery, surgery is generally not suitable for late pregnancy, and surgery is not recommended for breastfeeding after first delivery. Moreover, due to the reduction of intra-abdominal pressure after delivery, the venous return disorder is relieved, hemorrhoids can often shrink and shrink on their own within 3 to 4 months. Pregnant women should mainly rely on dietary adjustment and daily smoking and bathing for treatment of hemorrhoids. Generally, it is not recommended Use surgery. Even if the condition is very serious, surgery should be performed after the puerperium.
If there is blood and pain in the stool during pregnancy, it is recommended to wash it with light salt water to avoid spicy food and keep the stool smooth. It is not recommended to use lotions, ointments or suppositories for treatment. You can choose compound carrageenate cream or suppository treatment after childbirth. If the hemorrhoids are prolapsed from incarcerated edema, please repay them in time to avoid further necrotic infection. You can use concentrated salt water wet compress, plus Chinese medicine for external washing.
How to prevent it effectively?
1. First, develop good eating habits. Pregnant women should eat more fresh vegetables and fruits in their daily diet, especially foods rich in crude fiber, and more coarse grains, such as corn, sweet potatoes, millet, etc. Pregnant women should be careful not to eat or eat less spicy food and condiments, and at the same time develop the habit of drinking more water, it is best to drink light salt water or honey water.
2. Second, develop good bowel habits. Pregnant women should develop a good habit of defecation regularly. The defecation time should be relatively fixed, generally it can be set after a certain meal. Once your bowel habit is formed, don't change it easily. When it's time for bowel movements, you should insist on going to the toilet even if you have no intention of bowing. However, each time you squat in the toilet should not exceed 10 minutes. If you can't get it out at a time, get up and rest for a while before going. Never squat in the toilet to read or read the newspaper. On the contrary, it will increase abdominal pressure and blood pressure around the anus, leading to hemorrhoids or aggravating hemorrhoids.
3. In addition, some physical activities and anal health care should be performed appropriately. Pregnant women should prevent sedentary and promote appropriate outdoor activities. Appropriate physical activity can enhance physical fitness, promote bowel movements and increase appetite, and prevent constipation. Do levator ani exercises twice a day in the morning and evening, 15-20 times each time. This is beneficial to enhance the strength of the pelvic floor muscles and blood circulation around the anus, which is beneficial to defecation and prevention of hemorrhoids.
4. You can also use anal massage frequently to improve local blood circulation. The method is: wash the part with warm water after defecation, then press the anus with a hot towel, massage 15 times in clockwise and counterclockwise directions to improve local blood circulation; Massage in the supine position. Massage the lower abdomen with both hands 15 times in a clockwise and counterclockwise direction, once a day in the morning and evening, which is good for defecation, prevents constipation, and is good for hemorrhoids. This therapy can help food pass through the intestines and help prevent constipation, which plays an important role in the formation of hemorrhoids.
5. See a doctor in time when you feel unwell, don't bear it. Do not self-administer medication, and be sure to go to a regular anorectal specialist.
6. For those who have a history of hemorrhoids before pregnancy, it is best to treat them systematically before pregnancy. Don't let hemorrhoids torture you during pregnancy.