Hemorrhoids are a common and frequently-occurring disease, and dietary conditioning after hemorrhoid surgery plays a very important role in the recovery of patients. Now briefly talk about the application of diet therapy after hemorrhoid surgery.
1. Postoperative nutrition and diet should be avoided
Patients need to supplement certain nutrients during postoperative recovery to promote the repair of damaged tissues, wound healing and body recovery. There is generally no need to fast after hemorrhoids surgery. On the second day after surgery, bowel movements are normal and when there is a bowel movement, you can eat some fresh fruits and vegetables, such as bananas, apples, celery, spinach, etc. These foods are not only rich in vitamins and minerals Substance, but also contains a certain amount of cellulose. But at the same time, you should also pay attention to eating modestly, and it is not advisable to have a full meal. If the diet exceeds the capacity of the spleen and stomach, it can also damage the body and cause other diseases.
The basic theory of traditional Chinese medicine has always said that the cause of hemorrhoids is "heat must be hemorrhoids". If there is heat in the small intestine, hemorrhoids must be caused, and if there is heat in the large intestine, the stool must be bloody. Therefore, it is easy to use chrysanthemum brains, malantou, purslane, mussels, persimmons and other cool food products in dietary conditioning to achieve the effect of clearing away heat and detoxification, while reducing the consumption of warm or spicy foods, such as leeks, Pepper, garlic, lamb, etc.
2. Diet arrangements for each postoperative period
After hemorrhoid surgery, it is necessary to combine the patient's general condition and anal wound healing for diet therapy
1. It is advisable to use liquid on the day after the operation and the second day after the operation. Avoid soy products, dairy products, pasta and soups containing more oil, and control the patient's defecation within 2 days after the operation. If there is a lot of bleeding during the operation or the wound is larger, you can eat pig liver soup, red bean and red date porridge or ginseng jujube tea.
2. From the second day after the operation, after defecation returns to normal, the patient starts to eat a normal diet, and can eat fish, lean meat, turtles and other foods with high protein content and fresh vegetables and fruits. However, it should be noted that it is not advisable to eat more foods with more fiber in the 7-10 days after surgery, because this period is just the stage of hemorrhoid ligation falling off, too much stool or too many bowel movements can easily lead to subsequent bleeding from the wound. When the hemorrhoids ligatures fall off, high-protein, high-fiber foods, such as astragalus carp soup, pigeon ham soup, etc., have the effect of promoting wound healing. At the same time, pay attention to a reasonable diet, so fruits and vegetables cannot be ignored, so as to keep the stool smooth and soft.
3. Diet therapy for patients with postoperative constipation or diarrhea
Constipation or diarrhea after hemorrhoid surgery is not conducive to wound healing, so it must be prevented as soon as possible.
1. Generally, patients are required to start defecation after 48 hours after surgery. Once a day, it is better to have a soft shape. This can avoid wound pain caused by increased abdominal pressure during defecation, and can also reduce the frictional damage of feces to the wound. The patient can be asked to eat some fruits and vegetables on the second day after surgery. If the patient has no intention of defecation on the third day after surgery, care should be taken to prevent constipation. In addition to increasing fiber food, some fruits containing oil, such as sesame and walnuts, can also be eaten with honey porridge (50 grams of honey). , 50 grams of glutinous rice porridge) can moisturize the intestines, and banana porridge can clear heat and relax the bowels. In addition, you can take a small amount of sesame oil with warm water before going to bed at night, or take a cup of light salt and water on an empty stomach the next morning. After the above diet, the patient can generally discharge stool.
2. If the patient has diarrhea after surgery, first pay attention to food hygiene and food hot and cold. At this time, the diet should be light and easy to digest. You can eat some products that have astringent intestines and relieve diarrhea, such as yam, portulaca, amaranth, gorgon, jujube, etc. You can also take rice porridge with fried rice to help digestion. In addition, use Psyllium decoction instead of tea to relieve diarrhea by promoting urination and consolidating stool. For patients with weak spleen and stomach, it is necessary to prevent the intestinal slippage caused by eating cold products.
Fourth, dietary treatment of postoperative complications
For the complications of patients after hemorrhoid surgery, in addition to timely symptomatic treatment, dietary conditioning also helps patients recover, thus playing a complementary role with drug treatment.
1. Local anal edema is one of the most common symptoms after hemorrhoid surgery. Due to surgical trauma, edema mostly occurs within 1 week after surgery. At this time, the patient can be given some food for clearing away heat, detoxifying, and swelling, such as cuttlefish, portulaca, chrysanthemum brain, golden needle vegetable, radish, etc. Add mung bean soup, red bean soup, corn silk soup, etc. to the liquid food, which will help the edema subsided.
2. Difficulty in urination after hemorrhoid surgery, and even closed urine occurs on the day and the next day after surgery. It is often caused by bladder sphincter spasm reflexively caused by incision pain. In addition to symptomatic treatment, radish soup, loofah soup, winter melon soup, cockles, kelp, etc. can also be taken in the diet. Patients can also be instructed to eat watermelon and water chestnuts to increase urine output, stimulate the bladder, increase urination, and promote urination.
3. If there is a small amount of bleeding during defecation after hemorrhoid surgery, there is no need to deal with it. However, about 1 week after the operation, when the ligated thread slips off due to local tissue shrinkage and necrosis or friction caused by stool, secondary bleeding can occur. At this time, lotus root, shepherd’s purse, eggplant, etc. can be given appropriately to stop bleeding and converge The role of.
In short, the use of diet therapy after hemorrhoid surgery can not only prevent or reduce the occurrence of postoperative complications, but also play a certain role in the repair and healing of the wound, and also help the patient's recovery.